5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

24 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

13 and 80 both played in every ball game on defense. 13 was hurt for 8 weeks. I guess you forgot that. 
13 started and 80 played a lot when starters came out for injury or rest. 
I count them as first teamers. 

I forgot nothing as far as what you said or my response. Zay Woods, Kylon Lister, and Austin Morgan started on defense in every game played in 2020 - all are seniors.

When Texas football comes out this summer, you can book it that Scott Surratt will not list 9 returning starters on defense.  I know the man. 

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Aledo has 1300+ on the HS campus which is Grades 10-12...they have a seperate 9th grade center

Is the 9th grade counted into the 1300+ or not?  Because if it ain't, then that could set a precedence for other schools keeping their numbers down and staying at a lower classification.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Is the 9th grade counted into the 1300+ or not?  Because if it ain't, then that could set a precedence for other schools keeping their numbers down and staying at a lower classification.

Aledo turned in 1859 to the UIL they'll be D1 in 2022...what they list on the HS website has nothing to do w/what's turned into the UIL

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So they count all 4 grades towards their count?

Who doesnt?

I mean you have 6A schools like the Plano schools that have their students spread out across several campuses....but they still count everyone for all 4 grades toward snapshot.

33 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Garrett Gilbert looked like a cross between Joe Montana and Vince Young.  

He's the 3rd best TXHSFB QB I've seen behind Kyler Murray and Dematrius Davis....Gaterade national POTY.

Not exactly a scrub.

40 minutes ago, Texlov said:

I'm not sure 1851 will be DI. Texas High has similar numbers and it's DII

Aledo is growing.

I'm pretty sure when Jonathan Gray and co was there, they had maybe 1300 kids. That was in 2011.

Look at the trend, its obvious they'll be 5AD1 next alignment. Heck...it may be only a 2 season pit stop before heading to 6A the alignment after.

44 minutes ago, Texlov said:

I'm not sure 1851 will be DI. Texas High has similar numbers and it's DII

Aledo was at 1859 in Oct of 2019 they are growing rapidly with Walsh Ranch and other huge subdivisions being built in Aledo ISD....we'll see what number they turn in Oct 2021

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Guess I missed where anyone referred to Texas High as trash. Mind pointing me in right direction?

I didn't get that anywhere either.   Not sure where that came from.   Texas High was very good this year. But I was just saying I didn't see any way we could beat Carthage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Who doesnt?

I mean you have 6A schools like the Plano schools that have their students spread out across several campuses....but they still count everyone for all 4 grades toward snapshot.

Everybody is supposed to.  I asked because it was said they had 9th grade at a separate campus.  That is all.  Quit being so snarky J

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Aledo is growing.

I'm pretty sure when Jonathan Gray and co was there, they had maybe 1300 kids. That was in 2011.

Look at the trend, its obvious they'll be 5AD1 next alignment. Heck...it may be only a 2 season pit stop before heading to 6A the alignment after.

Well odds are Aledo will #### if they move up, that Is, according to some posters here.  

12 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

DUDE, T-high isn't top tier.  They lost in second round, right?  And when is the last time anyone outside east Texas has even thought of T-high?  A very long time to almost never.    

5 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Guess I missed where anyone referred to Texas High as trash. Mind pointing me in right direction?

There’s one calling them an afterthought.  The trash comment was a tad sarcastic on my part

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Well odds are Aledo will #### if they move up

A casual may think that.

A realist would say that they'll be good as usual.....but they wont be as dominant because there will be a big difference in opponent quality.

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

A casual may think that.

A realist would say that they'll be good as usual.....but they wont be as dominant because there will be a big difference in opponent quality.

I’m just going by the examples you’ve shown.  Are you misleading people?

don’t forget my question.  What makes you more than a casual?  We want to know