5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m just going by the examples you’ve shown.  Are you misleading people?

You have a link to the post?

I still havent seen the link to where King supposedly said he was gonna run down LT's throat.

Probably because it never happened.

I bet Longview is a way better program than whatever scrub school you graduated from....that's assuming you graduated.

That's the real reason you constantly send jabs toward that football program.

Jealousy. Too funny.

Casual.

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Kilgore, Gilmer twice, PG, Jasper, Salado, China Spring, Wimberly ? Why would you not consider any of them good? 

Aledo played Cedar Hill.

None of those teams mentioned are Cedar Hill. 

10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Aledo played Cedar Hill.

I didn’t say that, now did I? 

I was responding to someone who asked what good team did Carthage play? As if to say they did not play any good teams. 

Just about every single team Carthage played was ranked in the top ten of the division. Kilgore made it one round short of semifinals in the division above Carthage, losing to state finalist Lindale. 

I was just saying Carthage played good teams. 

8 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I didn’t say that, now did I? 

I was responding to someone who asked what good team did Carthage play? As if to say they did not play any good teams. 

Just about every single team Carthage played was ranked in the top ten of the division. Kilgore made it one round short of semifinals in the division above Carthage, losing to state finalist Lindale. 

I was just saying Carthage played good teams. 

The question was what tough opponents have Carthage faced in comparison to Aledo....since supposedly Carthage would beat Aledo...

39 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Aledo played Cedar Hill.

ANTI, now please be objective. You know there are few Cedar Hills in the state so pretty much anyone CHS plays will not be good enough for you.

Also, it’d be really hard to get a CH caliber team to agree to a game with Carthage don’t you think?

I wish they would play. Man, could you imagine how huge a turnout there’d be for an Aledo versus Carthage game. It’d legitimately need to be held at Baylor or SMU, something like that. Fans of other schools would enjoy seeing that game.

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

ANTI, now please be objective. You know there are few Cedar Hills in the state so pretty much anyone CHS plays will not be good enough for you.

Also, it’d be really hard to get a CH caliber team to agree to a game with Carthage don’t you think?

I wish they would play. Man, could you imagine how huge a turnout there’d be for an Aledo versus Carthage game. It’d legitimately need to be held at Baylor or SMU, something like that. Fans of other schools would enjoy seeing that game.

In their defense, Carthage did have Crosby scheduled.  It’s a shame they didn’t get to play because the outcome would have added color to this conversation.  

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

In their defense, Carthage did have Crosby scheduled.  It’s a shame they didn’t get to play because the outcome would have added color to this conversation.  

Agree 100%, a guy who was the youth pastor at our church years ago moved from East Texas to Crosby and has been supporting them ever since.

Today he told me their QB looked better physically yesterday than he had the past three games. He’s been battling an ankle injury, but was more mobile yesterday than when they played Liberty Hill.
I asked about his game and he said their QB has a lot of designed runs and when a pass is called he quickly runs through his progressions and takes off. 

The QB is a senior.

Lol!!!  Him objective?  Doubtful 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

You have a link to the post?

I still havent seen the link to where King supposedly said he was gonna run down LT's throat.

Probably because it never happened.

I bet Longview is a way better program than whatever scrub school you graduated from....that's assuming you graduated.

That's the real reason you constantly send jabs toward that football program.

Jealousy. Too funny.

Casual.

You ask for stuff but never post when asked to.  You’re such a hypocrite anti-J

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I know one unobjective hypocrite that wouldn’t be there.  Was gonna say two, but they’re the same person in real life

46 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You ask for stuff but never post when asked to. 

You can't post a simple link of proof (which I asked for first)....but you want me to post some personal stuff on a message board?

Nah.

Now go cry about it, casual.

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

You can't post a simple link of proof (which I asked for first)....but you want me to post some personal stuff on a message board?

Nah.

Now go cry about it, casual.

Lol, Coaching pop Warner isn’t personal.  It also doesn’t mean you’re more than a casual fan of lobo football either.  If you had a leg to stand on it wouldn’t bother you one but.  But seems to me you’re full of hot air and are a bliw hard.  You are nothing more than a casual fan with two sdc identities

playing OG for the lobos in 2004 doesn’t mean you’re an expert on football either  

• LOL! 1

The problem with this debate is that in Texas teams rarely play teams that are more than 1 classification away. You go one state over the Louisiana and public 1a schools will play 5a schools.  It happens all the time.

It's not a stretch for a very good public 3a school to beat a 5a school. (Notice I said public because being a private school makes the playing field even with any classification).  However, the gap in enrollment is not as wide as Texas.  For the most part, an elite 4a/5a school in both Texas and Louisiana usually beats an elite smaller school.  But I have seen an upset or two before. 

36 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

The problem with this debate is that in Texas teams rarely play teams that are more than 1 classification away. You go one state over the Louisiana and public 1a schools will play 5a schools.  It happens all the time.

It's not a stretch for a very good public 3a school to beat a 5a school. (Notice I said public because being a private school makes the playing field even with any classification).  However, the gap in enrollment is not as wide as Texas.  For the most part, an elite 4a/5a school in both Texas and Louisiana usually beats an elite smaller school.  But I have seen an upset or two before. 

Its tough comparing Texas and Louisiana because the landscapes are so much different.

The biggest difference is population trend. No other state in America is seeing the burbs explosion that Texas is currently seeing....especially along the 35 corridor.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, ANTI said:

Its tough comparing Texas and Louisiana because the landscapes are so much different.

The biggest difference is population trend. No other state in America is seeing the burbs explosion that Texas is currently seeing....especially along the 35 corridor.

Well, I could argue that there are other cities growing just as fast like Vegas, Atlanta, and areas within Florida, but I get your larger point. Texas metro areas are growing at a fast rate. 

You are correct about comparing Louisiana to Texas. The landscapes are different. For example, in Texas the rural areas and smaller towns  are becoming heavily Hispanic. But in Louisiana, many of the rural areas and smaller towns are predominantly Black. From a football standpoint, blacks are more likely to participate. 

However, I used this comparison because in Louisiana the debate of a smaller school chances vs a larger school can be settled, because schools in Louisiana are willing to schedule games against any team regardless of classification. In Texas, we will never find out if Carthage can compete with a team like Longview because these games will never be scheduled. 

22 hours ago, SSwami said:

New to the board but to the argument on Carthage ..Aledo would slap Carthage this year. Carthage has had a team or 2 that might beat us but not this year.

The only offensive player for Aledo I’d want is Earle. The rest I wouldn’t trade you any of our Carthage boys for any of yours.

Roberts over Courtney, no way.

Your QB over Horton, no way.

Your OL over our OL, no way.

Your TE over our TE, no way.

You could have one of our receivers for JoJo Earle, that’s it. 

Ok, one receiver and a backup offensive lineman for Earle, best and final offer.  

We’d beat y’all straight up though. 

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The only offensive player for Aledo I’d want is Earle. The rest I wouldn’t trade you any of our Carthage boys for any of yours.

Roberts over Courtney, no way.

Your QB over Horton, no way.

Your OL over our OL, no way.

Your TE over our TE, no way.

You could have one of our receivers for JoJo Earle, that’s it. 

Ok, one receiver and a backup offensive lineman for Earle, best and final offer.  

We’d beat y’all straight up though. 

Why laugh at the post, ANTI?

Go down the list I referenced and start thinking about it and make your decisions. 

Why would you want Roberts instead of Courtney and what fool would chose the Aledo QB ahead of Kai Horton?

Montrell Smith is a stud tight end for Carthage, Aledo doesn’t really use a TE, selection is Smith.

Ok, you probably want the Aledo OL ahead of the Carthage OL, but why, because they have Aledo on their chest? Call that a wash.

Aledo’s Earle at WR is a stud, but as a unit I’d take the CHS receiving corp over Aledo with Earle included in their side. Earle made that one great TD to start the game and then they had to line him up in wildcat just to get him the ball. That’s not his fault it just isn’t making the most of his talent, but they can’t help it.

Aledo’s QB had a small number of decent throws all game. There’s no chance anybody with any sense would rather have him than Horton, none. 

THEN THERE’S THE DEFENSE. 

On 1/16/2021 at 10:35 AM, ANTI said:

The question was what tough opponents have Carthage faced in comparison to Aledo....since supposedly Carthage would beat Aledo...

Aledo had Cedar Hill who got abused by Katy and couldn’t even get snaps off in the second half without a penalty, Mansfield Timberview and Lovejoy. The rest of those teams, meh.

I would say all three of the teams mentioned above are tougher than what Carthage faced, but that doesn’t mean Carthage wouldn’t have beaten all of them and Aledo in 2020. 

Added later:

{Now I’m not so sure. I just went and looked at Lovejoy’s schedule and they played nobody all season. 
Mansfield Timberview doesn’t look to have had a tough road either. Both of those teams’ few losses were to Aledo.}

Carthage points against = 109

Here are the schedules with results again:

Aledo  13-1

PF: 689   PA: 325  11 game win streak after win today

5-6 Weatherford 70-7 W

7-4 Frisco Lonestar 34-24 W

12-1 Cedar Hill 27-17 L (CH embarrassed in 6A-D2 title game)

6-6 Everman 35-0 W

4-4 Seguin 47-26 W

11-2 Mansfield Timberview 44-28 W

5-4 Cleburne 52-20 W

6-4 Burleson 56-24 W

6-5 Hillcrest 77-13 W

9-2 North Forney 49-24 W

8-2 Frisco 45-27 W

13-1 Lovejoy 52-48 W

10-4 Wichita Falls Rider 55-28 W

12-4 Crosby 56-22 W

Carthage  14-0

PF: 597   PA: 109   30 game win streak

10-4 Kilgore 27-7 W

14-2 Gilmer 42-14 (both L’s to Carthage) W

9-4 Pleasant Grove 35-7 W

8-4 Center 56-14 W

8-2 Jasper 35-18 W

5-6 Rusk 51-7 W

3-7 Madisonville 56-0 W

1-9 Shepherd 49-0 W

4-6 Gatesville Forfeit W

7-3 Silsbee 49-0 W

11-2 Salado 35-7 W

10-3 China Spring 52-14 W 

12-4 Wimberley 38-7 W

14-2 Gilmer 70-14 (both L’s to CHS) W 

Aledo had Cedar Hill who got abused by Katy and couldn’t even get snaps off in the second half without a penalty, Mansfield Timberview and Lovejoy. The rest of those teams, meh.

I would say all three of the teams mentioned above are tougher than what Carthage faced, but that doesn’t mean Carthage wouldn’t have beaten all of them and Aledo in 2020. 

Oh, now Carthage would've beaten Cedar Hill? Why....because of what you saw in the state game?

😂

Who cares if Cedar Hill got abused by Katy...so did nearly everyone else that played them this year. They would've abused Carthage too.