5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Oh, now Carthage would've beaten Cedar Hill? Why....because of what you saw in the state game?

😂

Who cares if Cedar Hill got abused by Katy...so did nearly everyone else that played them this year. They would've abused Carthage too.

WHAT?!! I did not say that. Man, ANTI, you’re putting words in my mouth. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Aledo had Cedar Hill who got abused by Katy and couldn’t even get snaps off in the second half without a penalty, Mansfield Timberview and Lovejoy. The rest of those teams, meh.

I would say all three of the teams mentioned above are tougher than what Carthage faced, but that doesn’t mean Carthage wouldn’t have beaten all of them and Aledo in 2020. 

3 teams = CHill, Lovejoy, Timberview

The bolded suggest that Carthage would have beaten them + Aledo.

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

3 teams = CHill, Lovejoy, Timberview

The bolded suggest that Carthage would have beaten them + Aledo.

AH! Sorry, misspoke there, did not intend to include Cedar Hill in that, apologies, you are correct.

Please exclude CH from that and leave in Timberview, Lovejoy and Aledo as teams I’d expect Carthage to defeat in 2020.

Good catch, CH accidentally lumped in there.

On 1/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, SSwami said:

New to the board but to the argument on Carthage ..Aledo would slap Carthage this year. Carthage has had a team or 2 that might beat us but not this year.

You couldn't be more wrong.  This was not one of the best teams Aledo has had, meanwhile this was one of if not the best team Carthage has had.  Carthage would win this year by 14+.  Firstly due to the dominating defense. Secondly, the offense with a wealth of playmakers all over the field and a QB who completed 70 percent of his passes and thats not dink and dunks like so many offenses run.  Thats down the field shots all over the place.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  This was not one of the best teams Aledo has had, meanwhile this was one of if not the best team Carthage has had.  Carthage would win this year by 14+.  Firstly due to the dominating defense. Secondly, the offense with a wealth of playmakers all over the field and a QB who completed 70 percent of his passes and thats not dink and dunks like so many offenses run.  Thats down the field shots all over the place.  

Preach big man, preach!

Aledo’s QB looked like an 8th grader and compare that to 6’4”-6’5”, 215-220 lb Horton who has a cannon and can run. 
Courtney is also just an amazing RB. Their RB is nowhere near as tough and rugged as Courtney and Courtney has great moves, vision and more speed than people give him credit for. 

The Carthage defense would treat Aledo like they did everyone else. Aledo did not impress me at all.

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Preach big man, preach!

Aledo’s QB looked like an 8th grader and compare that to 6’4”-6’5”, 215-220 lb Horton who has a cannon and can run. 
Courtney is also just an amazing RB. Their RB is nowhere near as tough and rugged as Courtney and Courtney has great moves, vision and more speed than people give him credit for. 

The Carthage defense would treat Aledo like they did everyone else. Aledo did not impress me at all.

Lol now cue the hate replies.  I stand by my observations and opinions. Just because they may be unpopular with some doesn't mean it wouldn't be accurate.  The only thing anyone can say for sure is that we will never know.  lol

8 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Lol now cue the hate replies.  I stand by my observations and opinions. Just because they may be unpopular with some doesn't mean it wouldn't be accurate.  The only thing anyone can say for sure is that we will never know.  lol

This makes it true in their eyes.  It’s how they justify their ignorance.  

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  This was not one of the best teams Aledo has had, meanwhile this was one of if not the best team Carthage has had.  

It doesn't have to be the best team Aledo has had.

I mean Katy's worst team would still blowout 95% of the state...so what you said doesn't really mean a whole lot. 

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I mean Katy's worst team would still blowout 95% of the state...so what you said doesn't really mean a whole lot. 

It dang sure better be one of their best ones.

Aledo can’t run out an average Bearcat team against an elite Carthage team and win. 
Aledo won state, but for them this was one of their lesser title winning teams.

Carthage went undefeated and won state in 2009, but that is one of the lesser title winning teams Carthage has produced.

See what I mean?

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Aledo can’t run out an average Bearcat team against an elite Carthage team and win. 

Carthage went undefeated and won state in 2009, but that is one of the lesser title winning teams Carthage has produced.

See what I mean?

No he doesn’t.  His casual understanding won’t let him see it.  

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Again, I didn't say it had to be the best team Aledo has had.  

I can tell when it's someone who hasn't been paying attention or done their research commenting.  I believe anyone who can look at something objectively, from an outside perspective would not just immediately write off and assume that  this year's Aledo would "slap" this year's Carthage.  People get way too caught up in the classifications and just assume the bigger school would dominate.  And while by happenstance that often is the case, Carthage is the type of program that defies conventional expectations and limitations of the Class/Division.  Much like Aledo I'd say.  I am confident if these two teams played 10 times it would be 50/50 or better for Carthage. 

And as someone else pointed out, Liberty Hill moved up and made it to semifinals running a slot-t.  What would Carthage do with Surrat, an offense that can do anything and strike from anywhere and a defense that was dominant from wire to wire?  The same or better.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why laugh at the post, ANTI?

Because I laugh at things that are funny.

That post was....funny.

For starters..."Aledo doesn't use TEs" is not only false, they have a better TE than Smith. Jason Llewellyn has offers from the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC. And its not even just the offers...eye test straight up tells me he's better. 

Aledo OL > Carthage OL

There isn't a Jojo Earle anywhere on Carthage's roster. I know all about Montrel Hatten....he was in Longview at Spring Hill MS before he went to Carthage...promising future he has but he was no Jojo Earle this year. 

As for defense...this is why we have to take into account who played who. Because from a talent standpoint, how can you say Carthage had a better defense than Aledo...who held Cedar Hill to 27?

Chris Wright, DeMarco Roberts, Kyle Thompson, Ryan Williams...Safety Bryan Allen Jr who is committed to LSU....etc

There is nothing on the football field this year that suggest Carthage would have beaten Aledo...or even an Ennis.

Aledo by a lot. 

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

And as someone else pointed out, Liberty Hill moved up and made it to semifinals running a slot-t.  What would Carthage do with Surrat, an offense that can do anything and strike from anywhere and a defense that was dominant from wire to wire?  The same or better.  

It's clear that you do not understand the landscape of TXHSFB...at all.

What Region was Liberty Hill in?

A Valley team in 6A/5AD1, who wouldn't beat Tyler Legacy, or Carthage for that matter, gets a free ride to the quarters every single year because Region 4 is not strong. Same applies here. 

You put LH in Region 2 with Aledo/Ennis/Timberview/Frisco/SOC....ouch. LH was maybe a 4th place team in Aledo's district alone. I'll even be nice and say they beat Everman, but they weren't beating Timberview. 

44 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

See what I mean?

Even your best Carthage teams, 2017 for example, was out here beating 6-5 average to below average 5A teams like Whitehouse by only 20.

How many times has Carthage struggled with Nac or Marshall since the first one in 2008?

Aledo is a whole different animal.

45 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Because I laugh at things that are funny.

That post was....funny.

For starters..."Aledo doesn't use TEs" is not only false, they have a better TE than Smith. Jason Llewellyn has offers from the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC. And its not even just the offers...eye test straight up tells me he's better. Where was he then? That’s right, they don’t have a quarterback who can get him the ball...

Aledo OL > Carthage OL  Yeah, why?

There isn't a Jojo Earle anywhere on Carthage's roster. I know all about Montrel Hatten....he was in Longview at Spring Hill MS before he went to Carthage...promising future he has but he was no Jojo Earle this year. Yes, Hatten is good. You’re forgetting about Braden Wade among others. I’d still take the CHS receiving corp over Aledo’s.

As for defense...this is why we have to take into account who played who. Because from a talent standpoint, how can you say Carthage had a better defense than Aledo...who held Cedar Hill to 27?

I’ve already posted twice the schedules Carthage and Aledo had in ‘20. Aledo’s schedule doesn’t scare me. Aledo gave up over 200 more points on defense than Carthage did in 2020. Over 200!! If you think that Aledo QB could’ve operated against the ‘20 CHS defense you’re nuts.

Chris Wright, DeMarco Roberts, Kyle Thompson, Ryan Williams...Safety Bryan Allen Jr who is committed to LSU....etc

There is nothing on the football field this year that suggest Carthage would have beaten Aledo...or even an Ennis.

Aledo by a lot. 

You’re just a hater, you talk about eye test and refuse to watch and acknowledge the one we’re talking about. You see that Carthage C and immediately see red in more ways than one.

Responses to your post are above.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Even your best Carthage teams, 2017 for example, was out here beating 6-5 average to below average 5A teams like Whitehouse by only 20.

How many times has Carthage struggled with Nac or Marshall since the first one in 2008?

Aledo is a whole different animal.

You want to call struggling with the Patrick Mahomes Whitehouse struggling? 
That Nac game back in ‘08 was the beginning of the season and SS’s second year. Carthage was still growing as a program at that time. 
The year Carthage beat Marshall by about a touchdown they were ranked #10 at the time and went on to lose in quarterfinals or something like that. It was Marshall’s best team in years, and again it was the beginning of the season.

You just trying to pick and choose the worst games for Carthage over the last 13 years proves you’re grasping at straws.

I’ve grown to understand why your name is ANTI. Anti anything I say.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ANTI said:

It's clear that you do not understand the landscape of TXHSFB...at all.

What Region was Liberty Hill in?

A Valley team in 6A/5AD1, who wouldn't beat Tyler Legacy, or Carthage for that matter, gets a free ride to the quarters every single year because Region 4 is not strong. Same applies here. 

You put LH in Region 2 with Aledo/Ennis/Timberview/Frisco/SOC....ouch. LH was maybe a 4th place team in Aledo's district alone. I'll even be nice and say they beat Everman, but they weren't beating Timberview. 

I agree with this post. 

• Like 1

You can call me a hater just as easily as I can call you a homer. @HearEmaGrowlin

And borderline casual. First you said "Aledo doesn't use TEs" (when they do)...now you're saying they had no QB to get him the ball...

JR Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi at 6'3 200+ transferred in from Cali and if you weren't hiding under a rock, you'd know that it was a pretty big deal coming into the season because numerous FBS are in contact. Aledo hardly ever lacks at the QB position....but yeah..."they had no QB". 

TEs do a lot more than just catch the ball. Also, I can tell you only watched Aledo in the state game. Because they've used him a lot in the passing game all year. Maybe the staff didn't have to use him a lot against Crosby.

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You can call me a hater just as easily as I can call you a homer. @HearEmaGrowlin

And borderline casual. First you said "Aledo doesn't use TEs" (when they do)...now you're saying they had no QB to get him the ball...

JR Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi at 6'3 200+ transferred in from Cali and if you weren't hiding under a rock, you'd know that it was a pretty big deal coming into the season because numerous FBS are in contact. Aledo hardly ever lacks at the QB position....but yeah..."they had no QB". 

TEs do a lot more than just catch the ball. Also, I can tell you only watched Aledo in the state game. Because they've used him a lot in the passing game all year. Maybe the staff didn't have to use him a lot against Crosby.

The transfer QB from CA is way overhyped. He is not what you wish he were in order to favor your position in this discussion. He still needs lots of improvement.   Horton by far > Aledo QB.

Of course I didn’t mean they literally don’t use TE’s and yes they do more than catch passes, but Smith does both. Aledo TE made zero impact to the game outside of blocking.

Yes, I only watched Aledo in the state title game this year, you are correct. I have seen Aledo plenty in the past and recent past and know pretty well what they do, how they play. I did not have to watch Aledo all season to make a prediction on a hypothetical 2020 Aledo versus 2020 Carthage game. 

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You want to call struggling with the Patrick Mahomes Whitehouse struggling? 

I said 2017.

Mahomes was not at Whitehouse in 2017. But man when he was there, he put it on Carthage. A state championship winning Carthage team at that. 

Struggled with Nac/Marshall over the years....some close ones with Jax and Whitehouse...I think y'all even lost to Hallsville one year. Forgot all about that. Damn. 

You should calm down with the Carthage would beat the entire 5AD2 and over half of 5AD1 stuff. Great 4A program, decorated trophy case. Surratt is one of the great coaches in this state.

But playing up in opponent hasn't been a cakewalk for Carthage...especially if the opposite team had any type of pulse. 

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I said 2017.  Exactly, we struggled with no one in 2017

Mahomes was not at Whitehouse in 2017. But man when he was there, he put it on Carthage. A state championship winning Carthage team at that. We had them down at half and had three turnovers in the 2nd half. That wasn’t all Pat M putting it on us. That was a lot of self inflicted negative plays, but they did capitalize and won.

Struggled with Nac/Marshall over the years....some close ones with Jax and Whitehouse...I think y'all even lost to Hallsville one year. Forgot all about that. Damn. Struggled with Jax? You accidentally made that up. Lost one to Mahomes, one to Nac in ‘08 and lost to Hallsville in that terrible 2014 6-6 season after having lost almost all of our offensive production from 2013.

You should calm down with the Carthage would beat the entire 5AD2 and over half of 5AD1 stuff.

Why? All I have ever said is in certain years, which is now more often than not, Carthage can compete in and win 5A-D2 and can defeat half of 5A-D1. Why does that upset you so much?

Great 4A program, decorated trophy case. Surratt is one of the great coaches in this state. Thank you sir!

But playing up in opponent hasn't been a cakewalk for Carthage...especially if the opposite team had any type of pulse.
This is something you have built up in your head, because you do not want to admit Carthage is better than standard 4A. For some reason it makes you mad like CHS is invading 5A territory and needs to get back in its lane.

Responses above. Thank you for the compliment.