5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

26 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Responses above. Thank you for the compliment.

You beat an average-below average Whitehouse team by 20 in 2017. 20 point victories are good but doesn't yell we would compete with Aledo on a yearly basis.

They have struggled with Jax before, why are you questioning that? Beat em by 4 in 2009, lost to them in 2012, couple of 2 possession wins over them....you loss to Mahomes twice (not once)...Nac numerous times (not once) and several close wins over Nac. Battles with Marshall.....playing up has not been easy on Carthage...and that's just ETX 5As. You expect me to believe they can compete with Aledo and the best of both 5A divisions most years? Nah. 

And I don't want to hear any excuses about the Hallsville loss. That's the thing about playing up in class and you're a truly good program, no matter what you loss the year before, you can't come out and lose to a team like Hallsville and expect to be taken serious about what you would do in the 5AD2 and 5AD1 classes on a yearly basis. Aledo loses players all the time due to graduation....you won't ever see them pull a 6-6 with a loss to a Hallsville. Reload. 

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You beat an average-below average Whitehouse team by 20 in 2017. 20 point victories are good but doesn't yell we would compete with Aledo on a yearly basis.

They have struggled with Jax before, why are you questioning that? Beat em by 4 in 2009, lost to them in 2012, couple of 2 possession wins over them....you loss to Mahomes twice (not once)...Nac numerous times (not once) and several close wins over Nac. Battles with Marshall.....playing up has not been easy on Carthage...and that's just ETX 5As. You expect me to believe they can compete with Aledo and the best of both 5A divisions most years? Nah. 

And I don't want to hear any excuses about the Hallsville loss. That's the thing about playing up in class and you're a truly good program, no matter what you loss the year before, you can't come out and lose to a team like Hallsville and expect to be taken serious about what you would do in the 5AD2 and 5AD1 classes on a yearly basis. Aledo loses players all the time due to graduation....you won't ever see them pull a 6-6 with a loss to a Hallsville. Reload. 

Beating them by 20 means nothing. That is totally Surratt’s M.O. in the way he plays ball. Very rarely do we embarrass teams. He would’ve had his starters out playing the backups in the 3rd quarter.

Carthage has never been an Argyle, and tries to score as many points as possible.

Ok, so Carthage lost twice to an eventual Super Bowl champion and the QB many say is currently the best QB in the world?? Is this part of your argument?

And we have one off year where you can grab a couple of games to use as a major basis to your argument.  2013 to 2014 we literally lost almost all of our offensive starters, including all of the major contributors. 

Again, I have never said they can win 5A-D1, but I have said CHS can win 5A-D2. Also, I did not say we can win it every year.

So are you saying Carthage isn’t a truly good program? That was insinuated.

Carthage typically does reload, you know that, but you’re going to dig your spurs in and hold on tight to that one bad season. 
Carthage has had two of the longest winning streaks in the state over recent years.

Carthage had a 40 game win streak broken in the 2018 semifinals, and is currently on a 30 game win streak. CHS has won 5 of the last 8 state championships in one of the 4A divisions and 8 of the last 13.

Is that good or is that not good enough to be considered a truly good program, because it was 4A?

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You want to call struggling with the Patrick Mahomes Whitehouse struggling? 
That Nac game back in ‘08 was the beginning of the season and SS’s second year. Carthage was still growing as a program at that time. 
The year Carthage beat Marshall by about a touchdown they were ranked #10 at the time and went on to lose in quarterfinals or something like that. It was Marshall’s best team in years, and again it was the beginning of the season.

You just trying to pick and choose the worst games for Carthage over the last 13 years proves you’re grasping at straws.

I’ve grown to understand why your name is ANTI. Anti anything I say.

He calls that cherry picking, moving goal posts and being a casual fan.  Which is starting to show what he really is himself.  Both usernames

38 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ok, so Carthage lost twice to an eventual Super Bowl champion and the QB many say is currently the best QB in the world?? Is this part of your argument?

I'm talking about HS. I don't care what Mahomes did after HS...

While Mahomes was good, those Whitehouse teams were nothing like Aledo...and you couldnt win.

If you want me to believe there are multiple years where Carthage beats Aledo, or wins 5AD2....you have to start by dominating ETX 5As on a consistent and yearly basis first.

I havent seen that yet.

Now like I said, y'all would've beaten all of the ETX 5A teams this year except 3 (LV/LP/THigh). And even if you want to argue that Carthage would've beaten THigh, I highly doubt that it would've been lopsided...which is what Aledo would've done to THigh.

Man I'm not even interested in talking about Aledo anymore....Ennis by a lot.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

If going up is near impossible, why can’t Longview dominate going down?

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

What years were these battles Carthage has had against Marshall, in the last 40 years ? 

17 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

What years were these battles Carthage has had against Marshall, in the last 40 years ? 

Carthage had one close one against Marshall, the other was more lopsided... since 2008 (the time frame in discussion). 

Neither performance points to Carthage walking through 5AD2.

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Beating them by 20 means nothing. That is totally Surratt’s M.O. in the way he plays ball. Very rarely do we embarrass teams. He would’ve had his starters out playing the backups in the 3rd quarter.

Carthage has never been an Argyle, and tries to score as many points as possible.

And we have one off year where you can grab a couple of games to use as a major basis to your argument.  2013 to 2014 we literally lost almost all of our offensive starters, including all of the major contributors. 

Again, I have never said they can win 5A-D1, but I have said CHS can win 5A-D2. Also, I did not say we can win it every year.

So are you saying Carthage isn’t a truly good program? That was insinuated.

Carthage typically does reload, you know that, but you’re going to dig your spurs in and hold on tight to that one bad season. 
Carthage has had two of the longest winning streaks in the state over recent years.

Carthage had a 40 game win streak broken in the 2018 semifinals, and is currently on a 30 game win streak. CHS has won 5 of the last 8 state championships in one of the 4A divisions and 8 of the last 13.

Is that good or is that not good enough to be considered a truly good program, because it was 4A?

He is a textbook troll. No need wasting breath or keyboard strokes on that joker anymore. No matter how much sense and good reason you make, he will not accept that Carthage could even so much as compete.  

Aledo fanboy is worried that one day they won’t have the most championships any more. Plain and simple. Clear as day. 

31 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Carthage had one close one against Marshall, the other was more lopsided... since 2008 (the time frame in discussion). 

Neither performance points to Carthage walking through 5AD2.

I get your shtick now.  You are like the CNN of smoaky. Got it.  

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

I'm talking about HS. I don't care what Mahomes did after HS...

While Mahomes was good, those Whitehouse teams were nothing like Aledo...and you couldnt win.

If you want me to believe there are multiple years where Carthage beats Aledo, or wins 5AD2....you have to start by dominating ETX 5As on a consistent and yearly basis first.

I havent seen that yet.

Now like I said, y'all would've beaten all of the ETX 5A teams this year except 3 (LV/LP/THigh). And even if you want to argue that Carthage would've beaten THigh, I highly doubt that it would've been lopsided...which is what Aledo would've done to THigh.

Man I'm not even interested in talking about Aledo anymore....Ennis by a lot.

T High man here on SDC has already posted he believes there’s zero chance T High would’ve beaten Carthage this season. 
Alright, maybe we’ll talk about it again later. 

32 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I get your shtick now.  You are like the CNN of smoaky. Got it.  

Is CNN what you Don The Con lovers like to refer as "fake news"?

If so....I dont get the comparison.

I speak nothing but facts. Sometimes, the cold hard truth hurts.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Is CNN what you Don The Con lovers like to refer as "fake news"?

If so....I dont get the comparison.

I speak nothing but facts. Sometimes, the cold hard truth hurts.

Your reply hear explains everything. Lol. I’m sorry for you. Carry on and good luck with life.

I’m not getting in this too deep, but all those early season losses and close games with 5a teams for Carthage is a thing of the past (If people want to call a 22 point win against WH in 2017 a close game, then I don’t know what to tell you). The program has taken another step since the earlier years (2007 - 2015). Carthage basically does not lose anymore. So bringing loses or close games from those years has nothing to do with where Carthage’s program is right now. Carthage is 73-3 since 2016. None of those losses are to 5a teams. Since then they are 7-0 against teams that were 5a when Carthage played them. Since Carthage didn’t play any teams this year in that classification, you have to go back to 2019 where Carthage beat Marshall 38-6 and Jax 48-0. Marshall won their district that year.

Granted we are talking ETX 5a DII which is not saying a whole lot. So hard to say how Carthage would do against other 5a DII teams around the state. 

I think both sides here are off base. Carthage would do just fine in 5a DII. That’s as far as they could go up without it being a problem. But anybody that thinks Carthage could not compete at a very high level in 5a DII is just not wanting to give Carthage any credit for whatever reason. And anybody saying Carthage goes undefeated and wins a state championship 3 out of 4 years in 5a DII is the same amount crazy, just on the other end of the spectrum. 

IMO Carthage could’ve competed THIS year in that 5a DII state title game I saw on FSSW. I don’t know who would win, same as everybody else. Nobody knows for a fact. But the eye test tells me that Aledo was not head and shoulders better than Carthage.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I’m not getting in this too deep, but all those early season losses and close games with 5a teams for Carthage is a thing of the past (If people want to call a 22 point win against WH in 2017 a close game, then I don’t know what to tell you). The program has taken another step since the earlier years (2007 - 2015). Carthage basically does not lose anymore. So bringing loses or close games from those years has nothing to do with where Carthage’s program is right now. Carthage is 73-3 since 2016. None of those losses are to 5a teams. Since then they are 7-0 against teams that were 5a when Carthage played them. Since Carthage didn’t play any teams this year in that classification, you have to go back to 2019 where Carthage beat Marshall 38-6 and Jax 48-0. Marshall won their district that year.

Granted we are talking ETX 5a DII which is not saying a whole lot. So hard to say how Carthage would do against other 5a DII teams around the state. 

I think both sides here are off base. Carthage would do just fine in 5a DII. That’s as far as they could go up without it being a problem. But anybody that thinks Carthage could not compete at a very high level in 5a DII is just not wanting to give Carthage any credit for whatever reason. And anybody saying Carthage goes undefeated and wins a state championship 3 out of 4 years in 5a DII is the same amount crazy, just on the other end of the spectrum. 

IMO Carthage could’ve competed THIS year in that 5a DII state title game I saw on FSSW. I don’t know who would win, same as everybody else. Nobody knows for a fact. But the eye test tells me that Aledo was not head and shoulders better than Carthage.

This was a sentence in one of my posts today and something I have always maintained people just don’t want to admit it for whatever:

Again, I have never said they can win 5A-D1, but I have said CHS can win 5A-D2. Also, I did not say we can win it every year.

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

He is a textbook troll. No need wasting breath or keyboard strokes on that joker anymore. No matter how much sense and good reason you make, he will not accept that Carthage could even so much as compete.  

Aledo fanboy is worried that one day they won’t have the most championships any more. Plain and simple. Clear as day. 

He’s got a username he uses in the college forums too.  It’s much of the same there as well.