5A D2 STATE FINAL Aledo vs. Crosby

dme1111

Just now, ANTI said:

Have they won a title yet due to coaching?

Not yet but they are trying.  The coaches haven’t gotten scared and puckered up yet.  Give it all you got and lose, I can live with that.  I hate seeing a coach leave a bunch out there and cheat their boys out of a chance.  I must say the coaches here don’t do that.  They’ve got a lot of fire to them 

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Has yours? 

Yep.

2nd year on campus...went from 3-7 to 7-5....which then turned into 10-4.

The rest is history. Program #'s/talent are what they are today in big part because of him.

But I take it the answer to that question was a no for your guy. Not surprising...he hasn't checked a single box yet.

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I’m not getting in this too deep, but all those early season losses and close games with 5a teams for Carthage is a thing of the past (If people want to call a 22 point win against WH in 2017 a close game, then I don’t know what to tell you). The program has taken another step since the earlier years (2007 - 2015). Carthage basically does not lose anymore. So bringing loses or close games from those years has nothing to do with where Carthage’s program is right now. Carthage is 73-3 since 2016. None of those losses are to 5a teams. Since then they are 7-0 against teams that were 5a when Carthage played them. Since Carthage didn’t play any teams this year in that classification, you have to go back to 2019 where Carthage beat Marshall 38-6 and Jax 48-0. Marshall won their district that year.

Granted we are talking ETX 5a DII which is not saying a whole lot. So hard to say how Carthage would do against other 5a DII teams around the state. 

I think both sides here are off base. Carthage would do just fine in 5a DII. That’s as far as they could go up without it being a problem. But anybody that thinks Carthage could not compete at a very high level in 5a DII is just not wanting to give Carthage any credit for whatever reason. And anybody saying Carthage goes undefeated and wins a state championship 3 out of 4 years in 5a DII is the same amount crazy, just on the other end of the spectrum. 

IMO Carthage could’ve competed THIS year in that 5a DII state title game I saw on FSSW. I don’t know who would win, same as everybody else. Nobody knows for a fact. But the eye test tells me that Aledo was not head and shoulders better than Carthage.

Excellent post.  

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Carthage had one close one against Marshall, the other was more lopsided... since 2008 (the time frame in discussion). 

Neither performance points to Carthage walking through 5AD2.

Oh, okay.  I thought battle was one and battles meant more than one.  Guess I learned something today. 

Ive seen Carthage play this year. Sorry folks they wouldnt beat Aledo, not this year. Carthage Oline big but slow and unathletic. Not near as big as Tview....We see 300lbs across the board more weeks than not. Carthage didnt play anyone near the caliber of Aledo. Gilmer was trash this year. They wouldve been lucky to beat Canadian.  Facts

• Stinks 2

6 hours ago, SSwami said:

Ive seen Carthage play this year. Sorry folks they wouldnt beat Aledo, not this year. Carthage Oline big but slow and unathletic. Not near as big as Tview....We see 300lbs across the board more weeks than not. Carthage didnt play anyone near the caliber of Aledo. Gilmer was trash this year. They wouldve been lucky to beat Canadian.  Facts

Yeah right, many times Aledo wouldn’t even keep their QB on the field on 3rd and 4th downs deciding wildcat to Earle or Roberts with the defense now knowing with 95% certainty it was running plays was a better chance to pick up the first down than running the traditional offense with Earle at receiver. Aledo did this multiple times against Lovejoy, that won’t fly against Carthage.

You and ANTI can talk big about that CA transfer QB. He ain’t all that and his own coaches think the same thing, obviously or he’d touch the ball on every play, especially crucial plays where they’re trying to pick up a first down.

You watch the Lovejoy game and see what they do with the QB. Short out routes to the flat, maybe a pass to Roberts or Earle out of the backfield. Maybe two times a game do they actually throw the ball downfield to stretch the defense and you’re telling us an offense like that is going to succeed against Carthage. Pffttt. 

Aledo would’ve been eaten alive by the Carthage defense. And the Aledo defense was 100% trash if you want to bring up trash.

Lovejoy threw on and ran past that Bearcat defense all night with receivers who aren’t nearly as fast as the Carthage receivers and their QB was the dude picking up most of the rushing yards and looking good doing it. That QB doesn’t run as well as Courtney with our OL blowing holes for him. We’ll get to the OL in a moment..
More trash was Lovejoy’s schedule. You talk about weak yet they took Aledo to the brink and were up by two scores for a good portion of that semifinal game.

Lovejoy gave Aledo that game with a blocked punt returned for a TD and a kickoff returned for a TD both late in the game.

That isn’t happening against Carthage for two reasons. 
First, Aledo’s defense never would’ve forced Carthage into a punt.

Second, SS isn’t dumb enough to kick the ball to Earle or Roberts deep on a kickoff. 
Aledo should’ve lost the week before state to an upstart Lovejoy team.

Now:

Our OL is not athletically challenged. You realize our offensive line is big so since you know you can’t say they’re small the reason they’re not so good is now they’re unathletic. Give me a break. If I can I’ll show you some highlights of the guy you’re undoubtedly calling fat and unathletic, #74. He’s a stud with some excess tummy lard, haha! Hold please. 

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Dang I been so wrapped up in the political forum with the new fake president I missed all this excitement over here. 🍿

Dude, one Aledo guy got things started and I went off, ANTI and I got to going back and forth.

We’ve had a great time! Go look up that Aledo v Lovejoy game.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dude, one Aledo guy got things started and I went off, ANTI and I got to going back and forth.

Lol,  I noticed.  I didn't get to watch the aledo title game so I'm gonna stay mum.  In general though,  I agree with you.  The Dawgs could compete at a higher level,  in some years,  win them.

26 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Lol,  I noticed.  I didn't get to watch the aledo title game so I'm gonna stay mum.  In general though,  I agree with you.  The Dawgs could compete at a higher level,  in some years,  win them.

This is exactly what I have always said yet people act like Carthage fans say we can win it every year, it being 5A-D2. 
We have never said that, but folks are mad we say we could ever win 5A-D2, ever. 

My opinion is we could always compete well and sometimes win it. 
There are years we did win state where I’d concede we would not have won 5A-D2. Perfect example was our undefeated 2009 team. 

Good Lawd..someone wrote me a novel....too much....Lmao....Aledo would win the LOS on both sides of the ball vs Carthage...Aledo - too many athletes. As far as the coulda shoulda woulda vs Lovejoy...Lol..if yer aunt had nutz she woulda been your uncle....Aledo rolls Carthage...not even close....bwahahaha

• Stinks 1