The Great Texas Blizzard of 2021

Stoney

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I already have over 6" accumulation and it's still snowing like crazy ...

I wonder what the record is.  I just tried to look it up :  https://www.kltv.com/story/11991468/a-look-at-last-weeks-historical-snow/ .  I remember the 1985 snowfall, but it didn't seem like it was 6 inches.  It was more like three.  They don't even list the 1978 snowfall and it beat the 82 and 83 snow they have listed.  I have photos of that snow, and my mom measured it with a ruler and it was 8 inches at my house.  I didn't realize the 2010 snow was so much, but I was in Birmingham, AL and we only got about 3 inches of snow there.  

It is not as much as 78 or 83 yet here. I have about 6 or 7 and still snowing. I’ve had to clean the satellite dish out twice so far. I think Longview is probably at about 8 from last report from friends that live off of  300

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

We lucked out. A couple inches. The roads weren’t bad at all. 

I went "snowmobiling" all over the woods and trails with my 4x4 mule. Felt like I was back in Alaska. Shot a couple of hogs rooting their way through the deep snow. Fun stuff right there ....

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

That’s that Ol’ Global Warming Al Gore warned us about...🌧❄️☃️

Just as we had snowstorms like this every now and then in the past I'm not buying any global warming.  As I've stated I check historical highs  and lows and still see high temperatures in the early 1900's.  

• Like 1