Pence Was In Danger From Rioters

BarryLaverty

6 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So what you are saying is you have no idea if he was in real danger and OSU does not either, HOWEVER, what we see in the court motions show something else and they have the real evidence. 

So this guy is truly an idiot. There is no arguing against that but here is the court document. Pence had left before he was there. He was uncooperative with the Capitol Police and then he ran up to the desk to get people to take a selfie for him  -  He an idiot no doubt but no Pence was not in Danger in my opinion. Below is from your court document - Washing Post should have printed this with a header of What an Idiot on top 

Robishaw and other officers calmed the protestors somewhat and directed them to leave the area from the same way they had entered. Most protestors complied, but Chansley disobeyed the order and instead began heading up a different stairwell towards the Senate floor. Officer Robishaw, alone with more than 25 rioters in the Senate Chamber, attempted to engage with Chansley and asked for his assistance to use the bullhorn to get the protestors out of the Chamber. Instead of doing so, Chansley ran up on the dais where Vice President Pence had been presiding just minutes before, and begin posing on the dais for other rioters to document and photograph, and wrote a note to Vice President PenceOn

January 7, 2021, Chansley called the Washington Field Office of the FBI and requested to speak with law enforcement. Chansley confessed that he was the man photographed at Vice President Pence’s chair on the Senate dais, face painted, carrying the spear and wearing a horned helmet. He said that he was able to get into the United States Senate in D.C. “by the grace of God.” Chansley said that he was glad he sat in the Vice President’s chair because Vice President Pence is a child-trafficking traitor. However, Chansley said he did not mean his note to Vice President Pence—“it's only a matter of time, justice is coming”—as a threat. Chansley also expressed his interest in returning to Washington D.C. for the inauguration, later telling the FBI: “I’ll still go, you better believe it. For sure I’d want to be there, as a protestor, as a protestor, in’ a.”

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, osup116 said:

We really don't know. His body guard would not let that happen as they should have. I am not going to say there was not a nut job in there. I willing to bet 99.9% are people just like you and me. House, Kids, Mortgage. They didn't come there to kill. They came to have their voices heard. There is a lot of evidence that is coming out that is showing that this may have been instigated.  

https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2021/01/14/well-known-antifa-rioter-arrested-and-charged-with-rioting-in-capitol-confesses-in-interview-with-fbi-n310082

Now I am not defending the people that went into the Capitol. They should have known better. I am saying there is more to the story CNN is reporting 

Have seen reports that ongoing investigations involving possible coordination between the "bad actor" protesters and the Capitol Police to allow protestors in unobstructed ... i believe the worst of this sorry episode was anything but instigated by President Trump  ....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, osup116 said:

Their Job is to always take the safe route - I commend them for it. Washington Post however needs to stick with the facts. Which is Pence was close to the protesters

I don't think he was in any danger, because he was never in eyesight of any of them to be in danger.  This article is simply making it sound like there was more than what actually was.  I read that AOC also felt that her life was in danger.  How can that be when they were nowhere near to even being discovered and they evidently weren't.  If they were in such grave danger why were the Capitol Police so inept, and actually compliant with allowing many of them in ?  There were only two deaths that were caused by the riot.  The shooting of the Air Force Veteran, and one of the Capitol Police officers that was injured when they were breaching the gates.  The other three were medical deaths from other factors.  As I have stated in the past once they breached the first gate they should have been shot on sight.  

6 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Yes they had them outgunned, but you seem to think he was in no danger. If he was in no danger what would have happened had he just walked out to them? You want to avoid the fact that there were people who wanted to do bad things to him and members of congress. 

There are people that want to assassinate many politicians on a daily basis.  Their lives are always in danger.  The only weapon I saw at the Capitol was the Buffalo headdress who had a spear.  I don't count pepper spray as a weapon, because it's only an irritant.  I did hear that some had pipe bombs, but none exploded.  Another thing why do they keep calling a headdress a horned furry hat ?    

6 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Trying to make this the same as Oregon or Seattle is just stupid and ridiculous. 

Exactly the damage that was done there was far worse.  Yet many are acting like several Representatives and Senators were killed or shot, and that the Capitol was burned to the ground as it nearly was in the 1814 Burning of D.C..  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BoHogg said:

GOP Senator Ben Sasse seems to understand, maybe agree with the post assessment as to their intent.....

All they had were zip ties and no weapons to get to the Representatives.  How were they going to subdue the police and accomplish this feat ?  I realize that they're going to charge them with everything they can that is on the books, but how many counts that they are found guilty of remains to be seen.  With the videos that I have seen and what I have read I can only find them guilty of interrupting Government Business, inciting violence, and several with destruction  of Government property.  This could have all been avoided if the Capitol Police would have done their jobs instead of retreating, and then allowing many of the rioters to enter the Capitol as if they were on a tour of it.  

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

My wife saw a campaign sticker on the back of some MAGA's truck with a black line through Pence's name. Think Trumpites might have just shrugged were he harmed by the response on here and lack of respect for his situation. 

You saw a bumper sticker and drew a conclusion?  Amazing!!

17 hours ago, BoHogg said:

GOP Senator Ben Sasse seems to understand, maybe agree with the post assessment as to their intent.....

I think he does not have the evidence and is Gas Lighting 

DOJ Official: No ‘Direct Evidence’ of Plot to Kidnap, Kill Lawmakers in Capitol Riot

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 06: A protester is seen hanging from the balcony in the Senate Chamber on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. Congress held a joint session today to ratify President-elect Joe Biden's 306-232 Electoral College win over President Donald Trump. Pro-Trump protesters have entered the U.S. Capitol …
Win McNamee/Getty Images
JOSHUA CAPLAN
2:09

Michael Sherwin, Acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, said Friday that there is no “direct evidence” to suggest rioters planned to capture or assassinate lawmakers during last week’s deadly siege of the U.S. Capitol.

“We don’t have any direct evidence of kill capture teams,” Sherwin told reporters during a press briefing.

Reuters notes:

The comments by Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin appeared to be an effort to walk back claims federal prosecutors in Arizona had made in a court filing late on Thursday, in which they alleged there was evidence that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.” […] [F]ederal prosecutors had made sweeping claims about the ongoing investigation in a filing as they asked a judge to detain Jacob Chansley, an Arizona man and QAnon conspiracy theorist photographed wearing horns as he stood at the desk of Vice President Mike Pence in the chamber of the U.S. Senate.

As of Friday, 98 criminal prosecutions have been made in connection to the riot, while 275 people are under investigation, according to Sherwin.

During another part of the news conference, FBI official Steven D’Antuono called on suspects linked to the riot to immediately turn themselves in to law enforcement.

“To those of you who took part in the violence, here’s something you should know: Every FBI field office in the country is looking for you,” D’Antuono stated. “As a matter of fact, even your friends and family are tipping us off.”

Earlier Friday, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) called on “every American” to reflect on reports that the rioters intended to kidnap or kill lawmakers.

“That’s wrong. Every American needs to understand what the Department of Justice has just made public: Investigators have strong evidence to suggest that some of the rioters who stormed the United States Capitol planned to kidnap and possibly assassinate the Vice President,” Sasse said in a statement obtained by The Hill.

Sasse has yet to weigh in on Sherwin’s statement.

1 hour ago, osup116 said:

I think he does not have the evidence and is Gas Lighting 

DOJ Official: No ‘Direct Evidence’ of Plot to Kidnap, Kill Lawmakers in Capitol Riot

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 06: A protester is seen hanging from the balcony in the Senate Chamber on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. Congress held a joint session today to ratify President-elect Joe Biden's 306-232 Electoral College win over President Donald Trump. Pro-Trump protesters have entered the U.S. Capitol …
Win McNamee/Getty Images
JOSHUA CAPLAN
2:09

Michael Sherwin, Acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, said Friday that there is no “direct evidence” to suggest rioters planned to capture or assassinate lawmakers during last week’s deadly siege of the U.S. Capitol.

“We don’t have any direct evidence of kill capture teams,” Sherwin told reporters during a press briefing.

Reuters notes:

The comments by Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin appeared to be an effort to walk back claims federal prosecutors in Arizona had made in a court filing late on Thursday, in which they alleged there was evidence that rioters intended “to capture and assassinate elected officials.” […] [F]ederal prosecutors had made sweeping claims about the ongoing investigation in a filing as they asked a judge to detain Jacob Chansley, an Arizona man and QAnon conspiracy theorist photographed wearing horns as he stood at the desk of Vice President Mike Pence in the chamber of the U.S. Senate.

As of Friday, 98 criminal prosecutions have been made in connection to the riot, while 275 people are under investigation, according to Sherwin.

During another part of the news conference, FBI official Steven D’Antuono called on suspects linked to the riot to immediately turn themselves in to law enforcement.

“To those of you who took part in the violence, here’s something you should know: Every FBI field office in the country is looking for you,” D’Antuono stated. “As a matter of fact, even your friends and family are tipping us off.”

Earlier Friday, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) called on “every American” to reflect on reports that the rioters intended to kidnap or kill lawmakers.

“That’s wrong. Every American needs to understand what the Department of Justice has just made public: Investigators have strong evidence to suggest that some of the rioters who stormed the United States Capitol planned to kidnap and possibly assassinate the Vice President,” Sasse said in a statement obtained by The Hill.

Sasse has yet to weigh in on Sherwin’s statement.

What administration is this guy still working for? 

9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What administration is this guy still working for? 

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/01/15/feds-capitol-riot-investigation-459726?__twitter_impression=true

Feds back away from claim that Capitol rioters were looking to capture and assassinate officials

Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin told reporters Friday that prosecutors don’t have concrete proof of such an effort.

5 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

I have seen numerous videos. Seen that, seen them breaking windows, seen them trying to shove police, seen them throwing stuff at police. And yet your contention is capitol police just all let them in? The ones who did will be fired. 

As well they should be; They violated their Oath by failing to do their jobs. I believe their acts should be called Treasonous...

34 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/01/15/feds-capitol-riot-investigation-459726?__twitter_impression=true

Feds back away from claim that Capitol rioters were looking to capture and assassinate officials

Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin told reporters Friday that prosecutors don’t have concrete proof of such an effort.

You missed my point, I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoHogg said:

If I’m sitting on the jury, you are not convincing me that possession of the zip ties were there to play ring around the rosey with. Those ties had one intended purpose. 

Just posting what the DOJ is saying - As old49er would say - They have more information than you 

20 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

My wife saw a campaign sticker on the back of some MAGA's truck with a black line through Pence's name. Think Trumpites might have just shrugged were he harmed by the response on here and lack of respect for his situation. 

Nope most of the left simply buys into one story hook, line, and sinker then don't wait for the rest of the truth to come out.  https://www.aol.com/feds-capitol-mob-aimed-assassinate-165505021-230611318.html .  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

No idea just know what was reported. I am sure most on here will claim it is fake. 
And I am sure you mean the air force vet who ignored an officers repeated warnings and broke thru a barricade 

Also, I wonder did she have drugs in her system. She was arrested on multiple drug charges in the past.

Deflection in 3 2 1.......