The US Now Has Its First 'Abortion-Free' State

RETIREDFAN1

As someone that believes that life begins at conception and is vehemently opposed to abortion I think this is great. With that said, I also think that if the hard right really wants to end abortion they need to become actually pro-life and not just anti-abortion...because those are two different things. Many of the same people that (rightfully) want to end abortion would also gleefully gut our (already minimal) economic safety nets...when financial insecurity is one of the top reasons women give for terminating a pregnancy. It is not "pro life" to tell a scared, unmarried, pregnant 18 year old that she needs to pull herself up by her boot straps.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, EnjoyLife said:

It is not "pro life" to tell a scared, unmarried, pregnant 18 year old that she needs to pull herself up by her boot straps.

But that is the problem with most "pro-lifers" is that they DO use those types of words and phrases. Instead of providing them with other options, instead of abortion. 

On 1/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, EnjoyLife said:

As someone that believes that life begins at conception and is vehemently opposed to abortion I think this is great. With that said, I also think that if the hard right really wants to end abortion they need to become actually pro-life and not just anti-abortion...because those are two different things. Many of the same people that (rightfully) want to end abortion would also gleefully gut our (already minimal) economic safety nets...when financial insecurity is one of the top reasons women give for terminating a pregnancy. It is not "pro life" to tell a scared, unmarried, pregnant 18 year old that she needs to pull herself up by her boot straps.

She didn't need a safety net to get pregnant.  I'm not talking about cases of rape and incest either.  Most abortions occur as a matter of convenience.  It's all about personal responsibility.  My first child was unplanned.  I took responsibility for my actions and did the right thing.