Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

About 3 years late on this one. Nice guy, good DC but not so hot in the HFC position. Also saw that Rhoades is leaving Gregory-Portland. Could we see a return of Rhoades to Yoe Nation?

Whoever it is, I hope that they bring discipline and respect back to our sports programs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoYegue said:

About 3 years late on this one. Nice guy, good DC but not so hot in the HFC position. Also saw that Rhoades is leaving Gregory-Portland. Could we see a return of Rhoades to Yoe Nation?

Whoever it is, I hope that they bring discipline and respect back to our sports programs. 

You are absolutely correct this is 3 years too late.  Anywhere else Brashear would of been released.  He’s a good guy but just isn’t a HC.  The only coach on this staff that should be retained  would be the OC Zeinert. He would be a decent offensive line coach. 
The DC Balch has been a disappointments and at times  an embarrassment since he was named to that position in 2016. 
Rhoades is resigning not retiring from the HC job down in Gregory Portland.  Rumor is that he and his wife are wanting to get back to central Texas.  I would believe the job would be his if he wanted it. 
Let’s all hope so. 

21 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

You are absolutely correct this is 3 years too late.  Anywhere else Brashear would of been released.  He’s a good guy but just isn’t a HC.  The only coach on this staff that should be retained  would be the OC Zeinert. He would be a decent offensive line coach. 
The DC Balch has been a disappointments and at times  an embarrassment since he was named to that position in 2016. 
Rhoades is resigning not retiring from the HC job down in Gregory Portland.  Rumor is that he and his wife are wanting to get back to central Texas.  I would believe the job would be his if he wanted it. 
Let’s all hope so. 

That would be interesting if he came back

Guest SouthTexasBaller

What about a former Yoe coach who is now a head man down in Jackson County?  Bet he would be interested 

5 minutes ago, Guest SouthTexasBaller said:

What about a former Yoe coach who is now a head man down in Jackson County?  Bet he would be interested 

I spoke with the "former Yoe coach" (Rick Rhoades) who is retiring at Gregory-Portland after the school year. And, when I asked if there was coaching on his radar, he said, "I want to retire and I plan on retiring on June 1st." And, Rhoades knew about the rumblings about Coach Brashear being out at Yoe. We'll see, stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/DavidSmoak/status/1350123060020580352?s=20

41 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

I spoke with the "former Yoe coach" (Rick Rhoades) who is retiring at Gregory-Portland after the school year. And, when I asked if there was coaching on his radar, he said, "I want to retire and I plan on retiring on June 1st." And, Rhoades knew about the rumblings about Coach Brashear being out at Yoe. We'll see, stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/DavidSmoak/status/1350123060020580352?s=20

Coach Rhoades came back to Cameron for Traion Smith’s memorial and funeral.  He was welcomed back with open arms at that time. 
I understand what Rhoades told you but let’s say there were other discussions about the retirement plans.  

I say sit back and stay tuned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

Coach Rhoades came back to Cameron for Traion Smith’s memorial and funeral.  He was welcomed back with open arms at that time. 
I understand what Rhoades told you but let’s say there were other discussions about the retirement plans.  

I say sit back and stay tuned.

My opinion is most Yoe fans want a fair hiring process unlike the previous Yoe head coach search. Hire the best Coach for the job.

Coach Tommy had a 49 win 11 loss record at Yoe. He couldn't  take them to the state title game and the fan base  recognized that.

I am sure there  are internal issues within the program  and   the fan base will never be given that information.

I will say the movers and shakers in Cameron who stated Rhoades had no discipline in his program may want to retract their statement after observing the Brashear tenure as Head Coach at Yoe.

Good luck to Coach Tommy in his endeavors within the Cameron ISD or else where. 

Interesting  times at Yoe. 

8 hours ago, RoYegue said:

Who’s going to have thick enough skin to work for that supt? He’s the supt of a small school in central Texas but acts like he’s king of the world. He might be a decent supt, but he had a dazzling 8-32 record as a head football coach (if that means anything)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UnclePigg said:

Who’s going to have thick enough skin to work for that supt? He’s the supt of a small school in central Texas but acts like he’s king of the world. He might be a decent supt, but he had a dazzling 8-32 record as a head football coach (if that means anything)

Where did he coach at?

15 hours ago, UnclePigg said:

Are Kevin and Keith Sprinkles the same person? 

Who says the program wasn't disciplined under Rhoades?

I will say this: I talked to Coach Brashear on more than one occasion. As AD, he told me once that they were having a hard time finding coaches and even teachers because people would rather take private sector jobs where they got paid more and didn't have to tolerate kids they couldn't discipline.

So as far as the discipline goes, that might not be a "coach" problem, and might be a "parents complaining about their kids being disciplined" issue.

Word is that Sprinkles gave Brashear three days to turn in his resignation. Despite the W-L record, Tommy is maroon-blooded through-and-through, an upstanding Christian person, and exemplified the tradition of school spirit while exhibiting genuine care for the kids in his programs. I get the impression Yoe fans are not happy with the way this was handled.

That being said - Yes, there are many in Yoe Nation who seem to be very aware that the 2016 interviews for the position included a few more-qualified candidates, and the general consensus is that Brashear got the job because the school board and certain members of the "country club" crowd knew they could get him cheaper and keep him under their thumb when they were so inclined.

Regarding Zeinart, rumor was when he was hired that he might be next in line for HC. However, like others here, I have noticed that Rick Rhoades seems to show back up in Cameron every chance he gets. But if he is truly retiring... He's not the only Rhoades who has occasionally expressed an interest in getting his family back to a smaller town... The question raised there is, coming off a state title as an assistant under another former Yoe coach, could he be persuaded, and how much would he cost?

• Like 1

This is a great opportunity for someone to win as the talent is there.   

I envision this going to a highly-qualified candidate that has a proven track record of winning.....much like when Rhoades was hired in 2009.  

17 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

I envision this going to a highly-qualified candidate that has a proven track record of winning.....much like when Rhoades was hired in 2009.  

Most Yoe fans just want a fair hiring practice I have been told. No more  home boy hires. Yoe fans have been through that process and  neither guy made to the State title game.

I remember  when Coach Tommy was hired he had a lot of supporters. Where are they now?

Good luck in the hiring process administration    Maybe you will hit a homerun. Don't be like Rockdale and think small time. It seems Yoe has a Superintendent who is  going to try to make a splash.

19 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

This next hire will be someone with a resume of winning titles. 
Cameron Yoe High and it fans were very patient with Coach Brashear.  He and his staff set a few records during his tenure and none of them were good. He had the talent but  not the staff to prepare the Yoemen to get over that 11 win mark.  Too much inconsistency.  Coach Brashear had every opportunity. 

5 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Most Yoe fans just want a fair hiring practice I have been told. No more  home boy hires. Yoe fans have been through that process and  neither guy made to the State title game.

I remember  when Coach Tommy was hired he had a lot of supporters. Where are they now?

Good luck in the hiring process administration    Maybe you will hit a homerun. Don't be like Rockdale and think small time. It seems Yoe has a Superintendent who is  going to try to make a splash.

Most members of Yoe Nation are aware that the coaches aren't solely responsible for the issues in the foitball program. Again, that's what we're pretty sure was one of the reasons Brashear was hired for - Because he would be more... "compliant." I've had brief discussions with more than one coach in recent years wherein I was informed that one of the biggest drawbacks is an inability to discipline players...

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Most members of Yoe Nation are aware that the coaches aren't solely responsible for the issues in the foitball program. Again, that's what we're pretty sure was one of the reasons Brashear was hired for - Because he would be more... "compliant." I've had brief discussions with more than one coach in recent years wherein I was informed that one of the biggest drawbacks is an inability to discipline players...

Stop taking up for Brashear I told you yoe nation win Rhoades left and you hired this guy it would be a big swing and a miss.........Discipline aside he had the talent to keep doing what rhoades left off and he wasnt the guy for the job! Hopefully yall do the right thing this time and make a great hire because everyone besides i guess you knew this was a huge mistake! The entire state of Texas in 3A D1 was excited when rhoades left and yall hire him and that should tell you everything you need to know about the hire. Thank you for hiring him so yall would be down and teams like Malakoff, Grandview could shine lol. Hell Teague even beat yall and we could never get over the hump when yall was under Rhoades