Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I'm not sayin' everybody - if anybody - on said committee has... "ulterior motives", or whatever. Just sayin' everybody in Yoe Nation and their dog and their dog's favorite flea knows that it happened last time. 

I'm sure this committee will put politics aside and do what is best for the kids. That's what normally happens in small towns.

• LOL! 2

13 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

If you don’t know where the interest in the Midway coach came from, then your not very in touch as you think you are.  This particular coach was hired by Midway in 2016.  He would have his top 5 yr. salary when it come time for retirement. 
It’s possible he could be looking for an AD/HC job in a very talented athletic school where it’s easier to win an state title then in 6a. 
I honestly believe this administration will make the right hire this time around.  

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

If you don’t know where the interest in the Midway coach came from, then your not very in touch as you think you are.  This particular coach was hired by Midway in 2016.  He would have his top 5 yr. salary when it come time for retirement. 
It’s possible he could be looking for an AD/HC job in a very talented athletic school where it’s easier to win an state title then in 6a. 
I honestly believe this administration will make the right hire this time around.  

I know about the coach. Might not know that much about the money. But if talkin' down to me makes you feel better. Just because I don't know everything doesn't mean anyone else does. I know a lot of guys on this site apparently need to feel like they do. I'm not one of them. But I do know what I do know. And I judge situations by experience. And I've never seen anyone in hear ever say that the last coach-hiring process in Cameron wasn't at least a tad questionable. And everyone else seems to be even more disappointed than I have been in the results. So I'm going to follow common sense based on prior experience and not just take it for granted that everything's been "fixed" and there's no way it's going to happen again. We've all heard it - "Fool me once..."

That being said - Far as I can tell, Hulme is a decent coach. Guy certsinly doesn't have an impressive record and far as I can tell not many, if any, of his players have ever put up eye-catching stats. Got one team to a state semi. Yes, he's done fairly respectably in a district with Duncanville, DeSoto, and Cedar Hill. If I'm not mistaken, his daughter's graduating this year, so that could play into his willingness to leave Midway. 

Like I said the last time - I'd be interested to know who else is on "the list." And why this guy just seemed to jump to the top of it for no outstanding reason.

I have 2 things to say even though I have no dog in the hunt. With that being said, I’ve coached over 30 years, know a lot of coaches and if Jeff Hulme applied the process should be over and hire him yesterday. Helluva ball coach. His offense that he ran in Mansfield would have AAA DC’s heads spinning with all the formations and movements. Mic drop.

#2, supes use committees most all the time because they have no balls. If a coach is hired and unsuccessful who does the community and supe blame it on? Same as your last hire, THE COMMITTEE GOT IT WRONG. A good supe hires on his own.

These are my 2 opinions and doesn’t mean anything but it’s my thoughts on this job.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

This administration has gotten right this time. 

I am  no insider within the  Yoe Nation so I am just going to guess.

Rick Rhoades returns to  Cameron Yoe with his son Jack on staff.

I certainly welcome all the  fans to make their prediction  and we will see who is right Monday.

That is if anyone really cares, Yoe has become pretty irrelevant over the past years.

Also going to guess Coach Brashear gets back into the coaching business soon.

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

I am  no insider within the  Yoe Nation so I am just going to guess.

Rick Rhoades returns to  Cameron Yoe with his son Jack on staff.

I certainly welcome all the  fans to make their prediction  and we will see who is right Monday.

That is if anyone really cares, Yoe has become pretty irrelevant over the past years.

Also going to guess Coach Brashear gets back into the coaching business soon.

Tommy Brashear will be the Cameron Junior High Athletics Coordinator.   So yes he’ll be in the coaching business. 

55 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Rhoades if they will name his son HC in waiting is what I hear and I also have heard he’s already accepted the job. They’re just going through the process to make it look “good”. 

Don't know about the head coach  in  waiting for Jack. I bet a bunch of Yoe fans don't want to hear that. Rhoades may have to win 2 or 3 more  state championships to pull that  off.

My guess is Rhoades and his son Jack on staff. I guess we will see Monday. If Rhoades gets the job life may just got very serious for some of the assistant coaches at Yoe.

On 2/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, randomuser said:

#2, supes use committees most all the time because they have no balls. If a coach is hired and unsuccessful who does the community and supe blame it on? Same as your last hire, THE COMMITTEE GOT IT WRONG. A good supe hires on his own.

These are my 2 opinions and doesn’t mean anything but it’s my thoughts on this job.

This is just for cover. They already have their guy(s) and this is just to show, "We're doing everything on the up and up." 

I'd be willing to bet a $1 cheeseburger from Burger Queen, based on information that I've heard hither and dither, that it's Rhoades and his son Jack. Everything else is just for show. 

On 2/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, randomuser said:

I have 2 things to say even though I have no dog in the hunt. With that being said, I’ve coached over 30 years, know a lot of coaches and if Jeff Hulme applied the process should be over and hire him yesterday. Helluva ball coach. His offense that he ran in Mansfield would have AAA DC’s heads spinning with all the formations and movements. Mic drop.

I agree that it is time for a change in Cameron, but do you think someone like Brasher could go elsewhere and be more successful? I would imagine its very hard NOT to get caught up in the politics and the people pleasing, being that you are head coach in the town you grew up in.

BTW - Rhoades hasn't been the most successful coach in the last 5 years at GP. Why? 

All I'm saying is sometimes a coach may not be a good fit in one place but can find success in another. 

2 hours ago, CMat79 said:

I agree that it is time for a change in Cameron, but do you think someone like Brasher could go elsewhere and be more successful? I would imagine its very hard NOT to get caught up in the politics and the people pleasing, being that you are head coach in the town you grew up in.

BTW - Rhoades hasn't been the most successful coach in the last 5 years at GP. Why? 

All I'm saying is sometimes a coach may not be a good fit in one place but can find success in another. 

Rhoades did not have the talent at GP to run the spread offense he wanted to run. 
When he took over at GP they had been running the flex bone /slot t offense for many years. 
He never could come up with the right QB.  When he did have a talented kid to run the offense, the kid would transfer out.  One went to Refugio and another went to one of the Corpus schools for various reasons. 
Cameron has the talent.  The right coach has to be able to get the most out of that talent. 
Some can and some can’t. 

I was just now looking at this thread and let me make this very clear. Yoe ISD contacted Midway's Jeff Hulme, but there was never, not once any discussion or an interview or an offer and/or visa-versa interest from Coach Hulme. I don't know how this all started, but then again I do because of the connection between the superintendent and Coach Hulme, Texas Tech connections, etc. But, this was never going to happen and suggesting Jeff Hulme would leave Midway for Yoe, despite their amazing history and tradition was way off base.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2021 at 10:59 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Don't know about the head coach  in  waiting for Jack. I bet a bunch of Yoe fans don't want to hear that. Rhoades may have to win 2 or 3 more  state championships to pull that  off.

My guess is Rhoades and his son Jack on staff. I guess we will see Monday. If Rhoades gets the job life may just got very serious for some of the assistant coaches at Yoe.

Jack would be coming in as the son of the coach who led Yoe to five state title games, a former Yoe All-State QB, and now a state championship assistant coach under another former Yoe coach who has had a little success of his own. Pretty sure Yoemen fans wouldn't have an issue with him.

2 hours ago, Smoaky said:

I was just now looking at this thread and let me make this very clear. Yoe ISD contacted Midway's Jeff Hulme, but there was never, not once any discussion or an interview or an offer and/or visa-versa interest from Coach Hulme. I don't know how this all started, but then again I do because of the connection between the superintendent and Coach Hulme, Texas Tech connections, etc. But, this was never going to happen and suggesting Jeff Hulme would leave Midway for Yoe, despite their amazing history and tradition was way off base.

Thank you - That's all I was wondering about. I figured there had to be some reason Coach Hulme's name popped up.

2 hours ago, Smoaky said:

I wouldn’t expect any other comment then what you reported. 

32 minutes ago, RoYegue said:

It's official, Coach Rhoades is back in Cameron. Board voted unanimously to hire. I am stoked for this! I know it will take a couple of seasons or three to rebuild this team but hot dang, I'm ready!

Do you have a web site ot anything for proof... Im glad he is back if so