Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

13 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Is he already on staff? Rhoades  bringing in a previous Yoe offensive coordinator from his prior tenure?

I guess Coach  Florez prior staff .But hey you know Rhoades likes hiring them home town guys.

The DC is going to be the interesting choice for Rhoades, maybe a big surprise for Yoe  fans.

8 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

I guess Coach  Florez prior staff .But hey you know Rhoades likes hiring them home town guys.

The DC is going to be the interesting choice for Rhoades, maybe a big surprise for Yoe  fans.

As long it’s not the DC from the past 5 seasons.  
Rhoades prior DC in Cameron was Brashear.   Everybody knew who ran and made game time adjustments defensively  was Rhoades.  

On 2/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, yoenation79 said:

Is he already on staff? Rhoades  bringing in a previous Yoe offensive coordinator from his prior tenure?

I hear Zeinert to Rosebud as OC.

Lupe Florez to Yoe as OC.

Brashear to Rosebud also.

DC looking to jump ship also.

Offensive line coach to Yoe, maybe a Rhoades staffer from the past.

All just a guess. Will know soon Yoe fans say.

29 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

Rosebud was 3-6 last year under Coach Hicks. 
If they can hire Coach Zeinert that’s a win for the Cougars. 
Zeinert’s son will be a senior this upcoming season.  Both will be an upgrade for that Cougar program. 
As far as Brashear and Balch if either goes over to Rosebud, that hire would not bring much impact to that program. 

7 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

I've heard from a couple sources in the community that a former position coach still in CISD may return to the coaching ranks. I noticed he seemed to be enjoying participating in Dede's football camp in 2019, and everyone was glad to see him back on the field.

Again - We'll just have to see...

7 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I've heard from a couple sources in the community that a former position coach still in CISD may return to the coaching ranks. I noticed he seemed to be enjoying participating in Dede's football camp in 2019, and everyone was glad to see him back on the field.

Again - We'll just have to see...

Anything is possible I guess. The man is making too much money to leave the administration part of the ISD  and go back to coaching as a DC. Unless that DC job pays a bunch. Hey who knows you may be right.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Anything is possible I guess. The man is making too much money to leave the administration part of the ISD  and go back to coaching as a DC. Unless that DC job pays a bunch. Hey who knows you may be right.

The Yoemen have their OC in Flores and what I have been hearing a Coach is coming in from Westlake to be the DC.  Not Jack. 
Former DC Balch I hear is headed to La Vega.  

• Like 1

I can understand the moves by Rhoades.  

You want to place people you trust around you.

Don't want any shady business going on behind  your  back  that may derail your efforts to have a great season.

I have been told  the  majority of the Yoe fans and parents are very happy with the Rhoades arrival.

Best of luck Coach Rhoades.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Hey, like I said - Those are the rumors. Again, we'll see...

All I know for sure right now is they have better some semblance of an act together by week 3.

2 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Is Bennett a position Coach?  Offensive line? Zeinert was the Offensive line Coach, who fills that position in Cameron?

Zeinert was the OC last season. 
Marak was the offensive line coach.  Marak was the trainer  during Rhoades first tenure. 
Brashear turned over the offensive line coaching duties over to him.  

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Zeinert was the OC last season. 
Marak was the offensive line coach.  Marak was the trainer  during Rhoades first tenure. 
Brashear turned over the offensive line coaching duties over to him.  

What are the chances Marak retains the offensive line  coaching position? Would Yoe fans consider the offensive line last season technically sound  and well coached or does a  junior high assignment await the Coach/Trainer?

6 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Is Bennett a position Coach?  Offensive line? Zeinert was the Offensive line Coach, who fills that position in Cameron?

Bennett was a position coach under Rhoades. A tad more of a disciplinarian than they've had the last few years.

2 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

What are the chances Marak retains the offensive line  coaching position? Would Yoe fans consider the offensive line last season technically sound  and well coached or does a  junior high assignment await the Coach/Trainer?

There is no chance that Marak will be the line coach.  That line last season was poor at best.

If Marak wants to stay around he’ll have to return as trainer once again.  I don’t think the existing trainer will be back next season.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, yoenation79 said:

Bennett is the HC/AD of the Ganado Indians. 

Wow I hear Rhoades may be  really cleaning house with the  Athletic Department  Coaching Staff at Yoe.

I guess the Superintendent and Rhoades  are all business. No good ole  boy  positions. That will be new  for Cameron.

I been told a tiny percentage  of the town folks are pouting about Rhoades coming back to Yoe. Go figure 5 State title appearances during his  tenure and a UIL Lone Star Cup   and they are complaining. I bet the silent majority are jumping for joy.

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

Wow I hear Rhoades may be  really cleaning house with the  Athletic Department  Coaching Staff at Yoe.

I guess the Superintendent and Rhoades  are all business. No good ole  boy  positions. That will be new  for Cameron.

I been told a tiny percentage  of the town folks are pouting about Rhoades coming back to Yoe. Go figure 5 State title appearances during his  tenure and a UIL Lone Star Cup   and they are complaining. I bet the silent majority are jumping for joy.

I'm sure Buckholts has a few opens seats.  

On 3/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, Yoe09 said:

I'm sure Buckholts has a few opens seats.  

Buckholts may be a landing spot for some of the ex Yoe Coaches. I guess the unhappy fans can follow them.

It is a tough business to be sure, you got to love it to be a coach. 

On 3/8/2021 at 2:32 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Winning and respectability restored in the district will make the unhappy Yoe fans, happy once again. 

54 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

Winning and respectability restored in the district will make the unhappy Yoe fans, happy once again. 

Those same folks who are pouting now will be the same ones slapping Rhoades on the back once he gets the Yoemen back on track. 

Those same folks need to go take a walk thru those granite monuments there by the front gate.  I believe Rhoades name is on each one except the 1981 State Championship. 
Rhoades is back in Cameron to win state championships.  He is not satisfied with going just a couple rounds deep in the playoffs every other year.  

29 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Those same folks who are pouting now will be the same ones slapping Rhoades on the back once he gets the Yoemen back on track. 

Those same folks need to go take a walk thru those granite monuments there by the front gate.  I believe Rhoades name is on each one except the 1981 State Championship. 
Rhoades is back in Cameron to win state championships.  He is not satisfied with going just a couple rounds deep in the playoffs every other year.  

I agree with you, the silent majority is always reluctant to speak up, but they are very happy to have a  creditable athletic program back at Yoe.