Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

2 hours ago, CMat79 said:

So what positions are yet to be filled other than D Coord and O line?

Rhoades is pretty much cleaning house.  I understand that a coach from Westlake could be hired as the DC.   As far as O line coach position I haven’t heard anything yet there.  I know the O line coach last season was the athletic trainer when Rhoades was here previously.   He had absolutely no previous experience coaching prior being given a coaching job 2 seasons ago. 
I saw where the trainer job is posted to be filled on the CISD website. 
There has been a lot of sour faces around the school district.  That’s  what happens when you become complacent and think it’s your job until you decide it time to leave it. 
So stay tuned.  

16 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Rhoades is pretty much cleaning house.  I understand that a coach from Westlake could be hired as the DC.   As far as O line coach position I haven’t heard anything yet there.  I know the O line coach last season was the athletic trainer when Rhoades was here previously.   He had absolutely no previous experience coaching prior being given a coaching job 2 seasons ago. 
I saw where the trainer job is posted to be filled on the CISD website. 
There has been a lot of sour faces around the school district.  That’s  what happens when you become complacent and think it’s your job until you decide it time to leave it. 
So stay tuned.  

I thought Zeinert may stay on but looks like he may be moving on. Is his son going to be a senior next season?

5 hours ago, CMat79 said:

I thought Zeinert may stay on but looks like he may be moving on. Is his son going to be a senior next season?

Zeinert’s son will be a senior next season.  He is already enrolled at Rosebud/Lott. 
I understand dad will be coaching at Rosebud. 
Zeinert was also in the process of building a new home in Cameron when this all went down.  Looks like he’ll be commuting back and forth. 

56 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Zeinert’s son will be a senior next season.  He is already enrolled at Rosebud/Lott. 
I understand dad will be coaching at Rosebud. 
Zeinert was also in the process of building a new home in Cameron when this all went down.  Looks like he’ll be commuting back and forth. 

I understand some football  position coaches are jumping off the ship without even being pushed.

Keep a eye on the varsity baseball coach to see if he stays put.

The special teams coordinator will stay most likely.

On the girls side of the coaching staff even hear some  are voluntarily leaving.

Most Yoe fans knew the Coach Tommy hiring was suspect but some of  the football hires he made during his  tenure  were  confusing  to say the least.

This hold staff must have been a disaster, a reboot will be more difficult than most Yoe fans thought.

The home town boy hires in Cameron will not bring you any State championships  it has been proven, both tried and both failed.

2 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

I understand some football  position coaches are jumping off the ship without even being pushed.

Keep a eye on the varsity baseball coach to see if he stays put.

The special teams coordinator will stay most likely.

On the girls side of the coaching staff even hear some  are voluntarily leaving.

Most Yoe fans knew the Coach Tommy hiring was suspect but some of  the football hires he made during his  tenure  were  confusing  to say the least.

This hold staff must have been a disaster, a reboot will be more difficult than most Yoe fans thought.

The home town boy hires in Cameron will not bring you any State championships  it has been proven, both tried and both failed.

The special team coach I’m understanding is going to strictly coach golf. 
The head volleyball coaching position is posted on the CISD site. 
It’s interesting times at Yoe High. 

On 3/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, yoenation79 said:

What is the chance of the principal coming back to coach on Rhoades staff as DL coach ?

Are they anticipating a couple of player  transfers coming in from Marlin and Temple? 

On 3/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, yoenation79 said:

Do you know if Luna will stay on as he used to play for Rhoades?

10 hours ago, CMat79 said:

I understand Luna will be back. 
One of the few coaches from Brashear’s past hirings.   It was Luna’s inaugural season in 2020 if I recollect correctly. 
What everyone needs to understand is Rhoades came back to Cameron to win and to bring this program back to where it was when he left after the 2015 season.  

19 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Boot camp----  Luna-----Flores ---Rhoades. Indications Luna may be retained. Say the Yoe insiders. Yoe looking for a good OL coach and a top notch volleyball coach. Yoe may already retained  the OL coach , but you got to dig deep before the insiders will release a name. They actually got a talented  transfer in Coach  Florez  daughter. Insiders they they got talent, just need decent volleyball   coach.  Yoe fans  have  a off season with plenty to   talk about,  now they are waiting to see if any football transfers arrive.  Good luck Yoe fans, parents and athletes you deserve some good times  after five years of wasted talent. It is good to be relevant again  Yoe.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on ex-Yoemen HC Brashear.  He had his name thrown in for a few HC/AD jobs in the central Tx area.  Nothing doing for Brashear in his HC search.   Brashear ended up accepting an assistant principal/AD job in a small elementary/junior high school in Westphalia Tx.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

Update on ex-Yoemen HC Brashear.  He had his name thrown in for a few HC/AD jobs in the central Tx area.  Nothing doing for Brashear in his HC search.   Brashear ended up accepting an assistant principal/AD job in a small elementary/junior high school in Westphalia Tx.  

Feeder school for Rosebud Lott for most part.   Great job for Coach Brashear. 

Yoe ex who recently became  superintendent  at Westphalia  gave him the inside  position.

Rhoades in a position at Yoe where fans have great expectations.  I am sure he can handle it.

Yoe insiders tell me to watch the girls program at Yoe.  Volleyball coach and  Girls  Basketball open. See what Rhoades will do.  He tried to go big time Coach in Volleyball at Yoe in his last coaching stint at Yoe.  Did not work out.

5 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Feeder school for Rosebud Lott for most part.   Great job for Coach Brashear. 

Yoe ex who recently became  superintendent  at Westphalia  gave him the inside  position.

Rhoades in a position at Yoe where fans have great expectations.  I am sure he can handle it.

Yoe insiders tell me to watch the girls program at Yoe.  Volleyball coach and  Girls  Basketball open. See what Rhoades will do.  He tried to go big time Coach in Volleyball at Yoe in his last coaching stint at Yoe.  Did not work out.

Westphalia’s junior high plays 6 man.  Westphalia as far as I know are not sanctioned with the UIL.  They also participate in other sports during the school year. Westphalia competes against schools that they can schedule.   They have some good athletes.  They have a choice of high schools in the area to attend. 
I believe Tommy Brashear has found a job where he can exhale a little and not worry about the pressures that he carried the last 5 seasons coaching the Yoemen. 

The pressure involved with Westphalia should not be comparable to Cameron.  The Cameron AD/HFC is a challenging job, and it certainly takes the right person to handle the pressure involved with that position.  

As far as volleyball goes, I think there may be someone with head coaching experience that was previously in Cameron's district that might be in play.  

21 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Westphalia’s junior high plays 6 man.  Westphalia as far as I know are not sanctioned with the UIL.  They also participate in other sports during the school year. Westphalia competes against schools that they can schedule.   They have some good athletes.  They have a choice of high schools in the area to attend. 
I believe Tommy Brashear has found a job where he can exhale a little and not worry about the pressures that he carried the last 5 seasons coaching the Yoemen. 

Rosebud Lott can use those good athletes.  

Coach Tommy had  five years to put his  mark on the program.

He could not take Yoe to a title game.

He was some what like Tom Ed Gooden  a  decent coach but could not deliver the title.

If Coach Tommy was under intense pressure, he brought it upon himself, with some of his hiring practices at Yoe.

The Brashear hire by previous superintendent is still under  a lot of scrutiny by the Yoe fan base. 

The  Board and Administration said Brashear  coached with Rhoades and he was just as talented a coach as Rhoades.  That opinion turned out to be totally false.

The home boy hires at Yoe have never delivered a state title in football to my knowledge,  hope for sake of  fans --parents and athletes they continue   they look outside when they need a coach.

I wish Coach Tommy the best of luck in his future  endeavors. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

The pressure involved with Westphalia should not be comparable to Cameron.  The Cameron AD/HFC is a challenging job, and it certainly takes the right person to handle the pressure involved with that position.  

As far as volleyball goes, I think there may be someone with head coaching experience that was previously in Cameron's district that might be in play.  

I understand the ex Yoe student athlete who  was to be hired as the girls basketball coach may have turned the  opportunity to coach at Yoe down.

Volley ball coaches at Yoe  have been a revolving door for years. I sure Rhoades will try his best to stabilize the situation since they have talent, the same can be said about girls basketball.

Rhoades can and will handle the stress. To my  knowledge he  plays the best athletes regardless of their economic status within the Cameron community.

I wish Coach Rhoades success in   his efforts to build first class programs  in  girls and boys athletics at Yoe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Rosebud Lott can use those good athletes.  

Coach Tommy had  five years to put his  mark on the program.

He could not take Yoe to a title game.

He was some what like Tom Ed Gooden  a  decent coach but could not deliver the title.

If Coach Tommy was under intense pressure, he brought it upon himself, with some of his hiring practices at Yoe.

The Brashear hire by previous superintendent is still under  a lot of scrutiny by the Yoe fan base. 

The  Board and Administration said Brashear  coached with Rhoades and he was just as talented a coach as Rhoades.  That opinion turned out to be totally false.

The home boy hires at Yoe have never delivered a state title in football to my knowledge,  hope for sake of  fans --parents and athletes they continue   they look outside when they need a coach.

I wish Coach Tommy the best of luck in his future  endeavors. 

Again, not arguing about Coach Brashear's staff hires having an affect on his performance and evaluation, but that wasn't the only source of pressure.

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Again, not arguing about Coach Brashear's staff hires having an affect on his performance and evaluation, but that wasn't the only source of pressure.

Maybe Brashear should have  resigned  earlier in his tenure if the pressure was so intense from various factions.

I suspect Brashear did not want to be reassigned and that he thought he and his staff were untouchable.

That may have been the case under the old super, but with the new guy it did not play.

Just because you are a Cameron boy does not mean you have a life time position.

I tend to agree with you 88 there  were  issues that the fan base will never be made aware of.

Rhoades may or may not win a state title, but I suspect he and his staff will come a lot closer than Brashear.

Football means the world to folks in Cameron and I suspect Rhoades is quite aware of what he is stepping back into pressure and all.

I wish Brashear luck in Westphalia, it is a non- pressure situation with good people within the community

On 4/6/2021 at 6:57 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Maybe Brashear should have  resigned  earlier in his tenure if the pressure was so intense from various factions.

I suspect Brashear did not want to be reassigned and that he thought he and his staff were untouchable.

That may have been the case under the old super, but with the new guy it did not play.

Just because you are a Cameron boy does not mean you have a life time position.

I tend to agree with you 88 there  were  issues that the fan base will never be made aware of.

Rhoades may or may not win a state title, but I suspect he and his staff will come a lot closer than Brashear.

Football means the world to folks in Cameron and I suspect Rhoades is quite aware of what he is stepping back into pressure and all.

I wish Brashear luck in Westphalia, it is a non- pressure situation with good people within the community

It's kind of funny you put it that way, because my understanding is that the circumstances that most fans will never be aware of contributed to some of the fans ending up being part of the problem.

And nah, knowing Tommy I doubt he would've given up on his alma mater until something like what happened - That he knew he was turning the program over to a situation with great chance for improvement.

As long as Rhoades is Rhoades and runs his program the way he wants to and the administration doesn't try to keep him under their thumb the way they seemed to have Brashear, I believe good things will come all around.

Really don't know the pressure Brashear was under from Sapp administration  or the new Superintendent. Or as you call it under their thumb.

In my opinion Brashear made some peculiar hires during  the Sapp administration, maybe there was some pressure to hire I don't know.

As far as fan base they will sometimes run interference  in the effort to hire a coach just as they  did in the Brashear hire by taking talking points and communicating all over the community.  As for as a coach being influenced by fans on players to play, if a coach let's that happen he will lose. 

With  numerous opinions by individuals on this forum on why Brashear was reassigned the point is you really don't know what happened internally between  Brashear and the administration sometimes it is not just about football wins or losses.

Great expectations and high pressure in Yoe  Land and I suspect Rhoades is the man to handle it,  if he fails I am sure he will be criticized thoroughly on this forum just as Brashear.  That what the forum is far mostly opinion.

I sincerely wish Brashear the best of luck as he continues his service in  education.

On 4/15/2021 at 2:58 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Rhoades loading up that staff son in law on board.  Is that a good move Yoe insiders?

Was he coaching in Rockdale?

And again - I'm just going on what I was told by people involved in and with the administration.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, 88YoePride said:

Was he coaching in Rockdale?

And again - I'm just going on what I was told by people involved in and with the administration.

Giddings I believe  was last stop for son in law.

I assume Rhoades has just about finished his football staff.

09 and 79 Yoe insiders have been quiet so I assume he filled the OL coach  slot satisfactorily.

7 on 7 right around the corner Drake and Muniz will  battled it out for the QB spot.

Cameron folks say Yoe loaded with talent just need some coaching up.

I guess we will see.