2020 3A D1 Overachievers/Underachievers

FootballETX95

On 1/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, Tiger03lb said:

It really depends on the qb play and o-line with GW this upcoming season. If you can't get Allen the ball, it won't matter. GW defense has always been the same, imo. 

We won't have a problem at QB despite Holmes graduating. Getting Allen the ball will depend on the abilities of our other upcoming WR's and if our RB's will be successful. Losing a talent like Carter does hurt. Despite him being underused (some of that his doing), the kid was a weapon and was dangerous when he was in games. We will also have to replace some really good OL & DL players and a kicker. I sure hate losing our kicker. Going for 2 every score can many times put a team in a hole quickly. I still think not having our kicker lost us the Center game. 

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

We won't have a problem at QB despite Holmes graduating. Getting Allen the ball will depend on the abilities of our other upcoming WR's and if our RB's will be successful. Losing a talent like Carter does hurt. Despite him being underused (some of that his doing), the kid was a weapon and was dangerous when he was in games. We will also have to replace some really good OL & DL players and a kicker. I sure hate losing our kicker. Going for 2 every score can many times put a team in a hole quickly. I still think not having our kicker lost us the Center game. 

Losing Carter will hurt a lot less than y’all think. 

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Losing Carter will hurt a lot less than y’all think. 

Oh I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who believes what I said anyway. I still say, under the right circumstances, having a talent like Carter is better than not having him.

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Yeah Carter definitely seemed to peek as a sophomore.

Guest Tiger03lb
51 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Oh I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who believes what I said anyway. I still say, under the right circumstances, having a talent like Carter is better than not having him.

Everything you said I agree with. Yes, Carter was a threat but with the other 2 rbs that I saw and I believe the FB is coming back, correct? I really don't see an issue there. The o-line and qb gotta have to make everything run. Who will be taking over the helm under center?

19 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Everything you said I agree with. Yes, Carter was a threat but with the other 2 rbs that I saw and I believe the FB is coming back, correct? I really don't see an issue there. The o-line and qb gotta have to make everything run. Who will be taking over the helm under center?

A better question would be who the GW fans want to hire as HC?

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

I never said there was an issue. Just commenting I'd rather have his talent than not.

I would say Lewis, who played WR last year.

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Tatum never went through two in a month. 

Yeah I’m sure Gladewater is the first program ever to have a Interim head coach and then hire from outside. I sure hope you guys come with some new material this year because it’s getting boring hearing about how Tatum is going to win district and beat GW just to get beat down by GW year after year. 

• LOL! 1

GW will be just fine. The juniors coming back have been the heart of the team. Lewis will take over at Qb and he will present a big running threat to help ease the loss of Carter. We will need to fill in some gaps at OL but we never seem to lack for replacements there. The defense will be the big question again. We will score on anyone but we’ve got to get better on the defensive side or we will have a problems in the playoffs again. As far as district goes I still think we are the favorites until Tatum proves otherwise. Tatum has a lot coming back but the same group coming back has never beaten the group we have coming back. Should be a fun district again.