osup116

Defiant NJ Gym Has Bank Account Wiped by Democratic Governor

Leah Barkoukis
|
|
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 8:14 AM

Defiant NJ Gym Has Bank Account Wiped by Democratic Governor

Source: AP Photo/Seth Wenig

Atilis Gym co-owner Ian Smith has made a name for himself for standing up to New Jersey’s COVID-19 restrictions on businesses, despite Governor Phil Murphy’s repeated attempts to shut him down through citations, fines, arrests, having their business license stripped, and their doors locked and barricaded. 

This week, Murphy escalated the fight.

“As of this morning, without warning, and without permission, and in the middle of litigation, Governor Murphy took it upon himself to empty our bank account entirely, to the tune of $165,000,” explained Smith on a video posted to social media. 

He said it still wouldn’t stop him. 

“We will continue to fight this fight because we know, based upon what is outlined in the Constitution, that when we get to the right courts and in front of a judge who respects the Constitution, we will win this case,” he continued. “And we will make sure that no governor, or no government official, will ever wield these powers ever again."

Smith then detailed the legal battles they’re fighting. 

“We are now in our eighth-month of a very nasty, long and drawn out legal battle against Governor Philip Murphy and Judith Persichilli at the Health Department here in New Jersey,” he said. “We also have ongoing litigation against the eighty municipal and criminal charges against us; ongoing litigation in the case of the revocation of our business license without due process; and the unconstitutional health department shut-down that was placed upon us in the first place.”

The business faces a fine of $15,497.76 each day it stays open. 

In December, Smith said the only time Murphy will be successful in stopping him is when he's dead. 

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Some please explain where a Governor has these powers to even Touch someone’s bank account surreptitiously....🤬🤬🤬

I was with you til the last word.  Then I got confused 😂.  But I agree.  How does he have that power?

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I was with you til the last word.  Then I got confused 😂.  But I agree.  How does he have that power?

sur·rep·ti·tious·ly
/ˌsərəpˈtiSHəslē/

adverb
  1. in a way that attempts to avoid notice or attention; secretively.
    "Mary surreptitiously slipped from the room"

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:
sur·rep·ti·tious·ly
/ˌsərəpˈtiSHəslē/

adverb
  1. in a way that attempts to avoid notice or attention; secretively.
    "Mary surreptitiously slipped from the room"

You post internet links like old people **** 😂

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Older than Hot Wheels, “Gilligan’s Island”, “I Dream of Jeanie”,  I can still remember where I was when JFK was Assassinated; Yeah... THAT old.🙄

I can still remember when Mr. Pete Williams, The local RCA Victor Television Repairman would actually make house calls in the middle of the night to replace a bad vacuum tube so we could watch television again... THAT OLD... Who can top that? Hagar?!? Kirt?🤔

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Some please explain where a Governor has these powers to even Touch someone’s bank account surreptitiously....🤬🤬🤬

They do it all the time  to those suspected and not convicted of drug trafficking or dealing.  If you're carrying one penny over $10,000 they can confiscate it, and it is extremely hard to get it back.  I think in cases such as that and the one in the article should never happen, and I hope he wins his court case.  

• Like 1