Center

dillonpanthers

On 1/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, Crow2254 said:

Wonder if any Shelby County natives with HC experience would like to come back "home".....

The kneeling issue is a tough one. No win situation. 

Any front runners? 

They just had a Shelby County native that had a ring as a HC. It appears that that guy got fed up with the politics and left. From 2011-2013 they had a very energetic Center native that connected with the kids, he won a lot of games, and he put a product on the field that was “fun to watch”, because that matters in Center. That guy got fed up and left. Maybe the problem isn’t the coaches. 

• Like 5

On 1/23/2021 at 8:51 AM, trueblue82 said:

They just had a Shelby County native that had a ring as a HC. It appears that that guy got fed up with the politics and left. From 2011-2013 they had a very energetic Center native that connected with the kids, he won a lot of games, and he put a product on the field that was “fun to watch”, because that matters in Center. That guy got fed up and left. Maybe the problem isn’t the coaches. 

Truer words may have never before been spoken... sometimes politics and my cousins cousins cousins kid isn't playing and I'm a prominent member in the community that has pull with board member A and B. Not hard to get 2 more with promises of future compromises. Happens way too often.

• Like 1

And the nail head has been hit!

In a place like Center you're not going to make both sides happy...bottom line.

They may have some success bringing in a coordinator from a metropolitan area but after year 3 he needs to get out of there.

It happened 15 miles North of there a few years back....same scenario.

If the Good Townsfolk out at the Country club would work on the thier short game, instead of trying to control what happens at the school house it would be a lot better off. 

• Like 1

Can someone give me the Cliffs Notes on Center?

As an outsider, it seems like the kind of rural "county seat" type community should be able to put together a rather solid program. Lord knows there's plenty of talent in Shelby County. 

What gives?

19 hours ago, LOL said:

As an outsider, it seems like the kind of rural "county seat" type community should be able to put together a rather solid program. Lord knows there's plenty of talent in Shelby County. 

What gives?

Politics. Country club types like to try and pull strings. Mix in some REALLY low socioeconomic areas and you have a big ol fat mess. Half of the bleachers in MAGA hats and half of the kids kneeling for the anthem. 

Half of the town wants one thing and the other half wants a program that is completely different. Just a mess over there right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, CDubya936 said:

Politics. Country club types like to try and pull strings. Mix in some REALLY low socioeconomic areas and you have a big ol fat mess. Half of the bleachers in MAGA hats and half of the kids kneeling for the anthem. 

Half of the town wants one thing and the other half wants a program that is completely different. Just a mess over there right now. 

Not saying there is anything wrong with either political point of view, Momma always said it was impolite to discuss such things. Just saying, one football program and two COMPLETELY different views of how things should go. In football and in the world, I guess. 

20 hours ago, LOL said:

What gives?

Similiar to Henderson, a lot of kids transferring out when it comes to football.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

Sounds like Center is a microcosm of our country.  Hope they find a good coach ,winning will unite all those different attitudes.

• Like 1

Coaches are not stupid for the most part. Sometimes they really are held back by factors that they do not control.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 12:32 AM, randomuser said:

What has me laughing out loud is using the words Country Club people in the same sentence as Shelby county.🤷🏼‍♂️ That has to be the biggest oxymoron ever used in this forum!!

I know right! They do have a pretty nice nine hole course over there.