Center

dillonpanthers

• 3 weeks later...

Because it hasn't been officially announced yet plus whoever posts in here claiming to know could always be wrong. There's no reason to put someone's name out there until it's official. Kids and communities read this site and majority of them don't pick up on the hints posted on here. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, Stickstick said:

Because it hasn't been officially announced yet plus whoever posts in here claiming to know could always be wrong. There's no reason to put someone's name out there until it's official. Kids and communities read this site and majority of them don't pick up on the hints posted on here. 

45 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

Kinda like the 4 different jobs that Baca has already gotten this spring?? 

1 hour ago, bootleg11 said:

That's a ludicrous reason.   If that's the worry then why insinuate at all?   I picked up on it, what if I'm from Alto?  I'm not, but I live 2 states away and figured it out.  You think someone from Alto couldn't figure that out? 

The idea that by using code you guys are saving face or doing coaches/school districts a favor is pretty silly.   You're still making assumptions with peoples lives and schools programs.  

In reality the people on here that are constantly talking in code about coaching hires are just wanting to be insiders and want to be mysterious about it.  And thats fine, nothing wrong with that.  But let's call it like it is.  You're seeking attention and discussion (which is what message boards are for), not trying to protect anybody. 

This is way too long of a response for me to read.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bootleg11 said:

That's a ludicrous reason.   If that's the worry then why insinuate at all?   I picked up on it, what if I'm from Alto?  I'm not, but I live 2 states away and figured it out.  You think someone from Alto couldn't figure that out? 

The idea that by using code you guys are saving face or doing coaches/school districts a favor is pretty silly.   You're still making assumptions with peoples lives and schools programs.  

In reality the people on here that are constantly talking in code about coaching hires are just wanting to be insiders and want to be mysterious about it.  And thats fine, nothing wrong with that.  But let's call it like it is.  You're seeking attention and discussion (which is what message boards are for), not trying to protect anybody. 

If you're upset by coaching hire rumors on an East Texas sports forum, I imagine you're a real cool person. 

Official press release:

Center ISD names new AD/ head football coach

From Joyce Permenter, CISD Superintendent, Secretary

Center Independent School District is proud to announce our newest members of the Roughrider family. Coach Ricky Meeks will be our new Athletic Director and Head Football Coach. Coach Meeks will be joined by his wife, Laci and their sons Blake, Beckett, Sloane and their daughter Emmie Jo.

Currently Coach Meeks is the Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at Alto ISD, but will be joining the Roughrider family on March 1st. Coach Meeks has 14 years of coaching experience, with the last 3 as the Athletic Director / Head Football Coach in Alto. He has state championship experience as an assistant coach for his dad, the legendary Dickey Meeks, in 2010 at Henderson ISD. Coach Meeks brings a 21-13 head coaching record. In 2019, Coach Meeks led Alto to a district championship, which earned him the 2019 District Coach of the Year. Coach Meeks played college football at Northwestern State from 2004-2006. He and his wife, Laci, are both Louisiana natives and both alumni of Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, LA.

Coach Ricky Meeks comes from a coaching family. His dad is the late Dickey Meeks. The elder Meeks has been elected into the East Texas Coaches Hall of Fame in 2018. He was also a coach in the state of Texas for over 30 years, amassing over 250 wins to go along with two state championships, Chapel Hill (1989) and Henderson (2010).