Cedar Hill vs Katy 6AD2 SC

Hagar

Crazy, but the 6a Div.2 champ will have a much higher enrollment than the Div.1 Champ.

Katy:3466

Westlake:2833

SLC:2786

I guess to be fair, if Westlake and SLC were in Div.2 playoffs, they probably be playing each other for championship anyway.   Not sure if Katy went Div.1 they would beat N.Shore, but wouldn't be shocked if they did.

19 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Crazy, but the 6a Div.2 champ will have a much higher enrollment than the Div.1 Champ.

Katy:3466

Westlake:2833

SLC:2786

I guess to be fair, if Westlake and SLC were in Div.2 playoffs, they probably be playing each other for championship anyway.   Not sure if Katy went Div.1 they would beat N.Shore, but wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Not the first time it's happened, won't be the last with the way things are currently set up.

On Katy beating North Shore this season, obviously we don't know. But I think we've seen a pretty good example of their past meetings with North Shore in the playoffs to know. Also Katy's only loss this season came to Topkins, by 5. And North Shore rolled over Tompkins, 47-22, to end their season.

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Not the first time it's happened, won't be the last with the way things are currently set up.

On Katy beating North Shore this season, obviously we don't know. But I think we've seen a pretty good example of their past meetings with North Shore in the playoffs to know. Also Katy's only loss this season came to Topkins, by 5. And North Shore rolled over Tompkins, 47-22, to end their season.

no doubt. It happens alot. I just wonder if it will ever change.  Maybe it doesn't need to.   It seems to be once a school has over 2000 students, the playing field is more even with larger schools when compared to a school with 400 kids playing a school with 1300 kids. 

Still seems crazy that D-2 schools can outnumber a D-1 school by almost 1000 students.  I'm not sure if UIL meant for it to be that lopsided. But, then again, we are talking about the UIL.

• Like 1