It's been 25 years

I think they will, but it will take a different owner to bring Dallas back to greatness.  I've had inklings of hope at the start of seasons that it could be a potential Super Bowl run only to see them dashed time, and time again by inept play or players performing as if they deserved the victory simply because they had a star on the side of their helmet.  With the way the team played this year we are miles away from another Super Bowl.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doomer said:

It has been over 1/4 of a century since the Cowboys have been great and had multiple successes in the playoffs during the same year. Will Dallas be good again like KC, Green Bay and New England again?

I look for them to run the table next season with Carrot Top under center and Jerruh calling the plays .....

• LOL! 4

I was 12 years old the last time Dallas won a Super Bowl. 2/3 of my life has been a wasteland of Jerry Jones pitiful excuse of running a football team. I feel pretty confident I’ll spend another 25 years in misery. 

• LOL! 3

I defended Jerry Jones for a long time because I honestly believed that winning was his only goal. Guess Im a little slow...but I finally realized that the one thing he wants more than to win is to be in charge. Players come and go...coaches come and go...but Jerry is the one constant. 25 years...and counting...of mediocrity.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:50 PM, Stoney said:

I was 12 years old the last time Dallas won a Super Bowl. 2/3 of my life has been a wasteland of Jerry Jones pitiful excuse of running a football team. I feel pretty confident I’ll spend another 25 years in misery. 

By the time I was 12 they had won two Super Bowls and been in 5. They had been in 8 NFC Championship Games, and were to be in the next two NFC Championship Games.  By the time I was 25 the Cowboys had already won 3 Super Bowls, and by the time I turned 28 they had won two more.  So I've been waiting almost half my life for them to win another.  In my first 25 years of living the Cowboys were in the playoffs 19 times having only missed in 1975, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, and 1990. In the last 25 years the Cowboys have only been in the playoffs 10 times and only have 4 wins in the playoffs.  In two years it will be officially have my life since the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl. 

That proves how far the Cowboys have fallen from greatness in my lifetime to mediocrity now.  I know I was blessed to watch Coach Tom Landry walk the sidelines and achieve the greatness that he did on the field.  Think about this in those first 25 years the Cowboys only missed the playoffs 5 times under Coach Tom Landry.  The longest drought for not being in the playoffs was only 5 years,  in the first 16 years of my life they only missed the playoffs twice.  The longest drought between Super Bowl Championships was 16 years, and then 3 in a span of 4 years.  I was spoiled.  

As long as they keep looking to hire LOSER coaches like Dan Quinn (Blew a 20+point lead in the SB!), then they will never win a championship. Go out and try to get coaches that know how to win and give them the freedom to go get some talent to win!!!! EVERY player on the team should be competing to win their job. This team needs the Jimmy Johnson treatment where if you are not 100% committed 100% of the time, you will be cut. Zeke and all of the others that have signed big $$$ contracts on cruise control ain't going to cut it. Do you think Zeke would play with a separated shoulder like Emmitt? I don't think so!! I'm 54 years old. I've been a fan all of my life but the last 25 years have sucked. The Cowboys being a relevant team ended after SB XXX. It really ended the day JJ & JJ parted ways. The Dallas Cowboys are not supposed to be satisfied with JUST making the playoffs. That's all we heard when ROMO was there. It is a disgrace to watch this team play. No urgency and no guts when it comes down to just win one game to be in the playoffs. It should not be coming down to that. It is nice to watch GB, KC, TB, and even the BILLS play. They will do whatever it takes to win. 

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

By the time I was 12 they had won two Super Bowls and been in 5. They had been in 8 NFC Championship Games, and were to be in the next two NFC Championship Games.  By the time I was 25 the Cowboys had already won 3 Super Bowls, and by the time I turned 28 they had won two more.  So I've been waiting almost half my life for them to win another.  In my first 25 years of living the Cowboys were in the playoffs 19 times having only missed in 1975, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, and 1990. In the last 25 years the Cowboys have only been in the playoffs 10 times and only have 4 wins in the playoffs.  In two years it will be officially have my life since the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl. 

That proves how far the Cowboys have fallen from greatness in my lifetime to mediocrity now.  I know I was blessed to watch Coach Tom Landry walk the sidelines and achieve the greatness that he did on the field.  Think about this in those first 25 years the Cowboys only missed the playoffs 5 times under Coach Tom Landry.  The longest drought for not being in the playoffs was only 5 years,  in the first 16 years of my life they only missed the playoffs twice.  The longest drought between Super Bowl Championships was 16 years, and then 3 in a span of 4 years.  I was spoiled.  

Looking back now, knowing what I know now, I wish I had been older during that 90s run to have enjoyed it more. 

34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Looking back now, knowing what I know now, I wish I had been older during that 90s run to have enjoyed it more. 

I was between 26 & 30 during those awesome years. It was a fun time to be a Cowboy fan. My wife at the time, made a Dallas Cowboy cake while family and friends came over to watch SB XXVII.

• Like 1