Hee Haw

Stoney

8 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You can still watch it on RFD....DirecTv channel 345........

It’s on The Circle when I get home I. The afternoon. The old ones with Buck and Roy. Then at night it’s the newer 80s. That’s the ones I used to watch at my grandparents. I forgot about the million dollar band. Roy Clark, Johnny Gimble, Jethro, Chet Atkins, Floyd Cramer; Boots Randolph. Those guys could pick and grin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

My parents always had it on after they had watched The Lawrence Welk Show.  I had a huge crush on Misty Rowe she was also on Happy Days the first season.  I still use "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me" after a Cowboys loss.   

My family on my father's side are "country".  All of my uncles and great-uncles played some sort of instrument from a saw, spoons, fiddle, banjo, guitar, jug, you name it and the played it.  Two of my uncles did a great "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me" skit.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:19 PM, Hookemhorns88 said:

My family on my father's side are "country".  All of my uncles and great-uncles played some sort of instrument from a saw, spoons, fiddle, banjo, guitar, jug, you name it and the played it.  Two of my uncles did a great "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me" skit.

As many know on here many of my relatives lived in the Kelsey, Latch, Harmony, and Gilmer area so I think that's why they liked it.  I had an Uncle who was once a member of the Light Crust Dough Boys in the 40's during their transition years.  He wasn't with them very long though.  I didn't even know there was a Light Crust Doughboys Hall of Fame Museum in Quitman.  I doubt that he's among it's members since he only played in the band for a few months.  That makes me want to go there, and see if he's in it.  

• Like 1