Clarksville basketball

BigMacMan

2 minutes ago, BigMacMan said:

In my opinion, they have the talent. They are the most athletic team in the district and have good shooters. The problem has to be something else.

Of course they do!! I'm so shocked that "something else" is to blame!! LOLOLOL!!! Just fire the "something else" and let a little dribbler parent take over...I'm sure they would win state!! LOLOL!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, BigMacMan said:

In my opinion, they have the talent. They are the most athletic team in the district and have good shooters. The problem has to be something else.

A culture of apathy and entitlement. Not saying it is the coaching, but the make up of the kids and the admin.

• Like 2

Maud and Bowie are both improved but Clarksville is still really down compared to normal.   They graduated a good group of seniors last year.   They seem to have a lot of kids with limited time on varsity, and a lot of young kids.   I didn’t think they were poorly coached when I watched them play if that’s what your implying.   Also I would say Rivercrest and McLeod have the best teams they’ve had in a while.  LK also has a good group of seniors and are playing well. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Of course they do!! I'm so shocked that "something else" is to blame!! LOLOLOL!!! Just fire the "something else" and let a little dribbler parent take over...I'm sure they would win state!! LOLOL!!!

Not implying anything about the coach, leaning more toward it being the lack of experience they have. Either way, it's just odd seeing Clarksville lose this much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigMacMan said:

Clarksville is doing a lot more losing in basketball this season than we've seen in years. This is the first time they've lost to Maud and James Bowie in decades, and Rivercrest beat them 96-50.

Rivercrest is pretty dang good. Probably could have been more than 96. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRiverRush said:

Don't think they will be back anytime soon. Talent pool is shrinking as the student count drops. There is now such a legacy of undisciplined play and actions.

I don't look for Clarksville to be relevant in any sports anytime soon.

Sad to hear. Hoping for things to change.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, RedRiverRush said:

Don't think they will be back anytime soon. Talent pool is shrinking as the student count drops.

Yup.

This season is bringing to an end a streak of something like 33 or 34 straight trips to the playoffs, and most of those were district titles, and obviously some of those teams were necessarily led by underclassmen; you can't be "old" every year for that long. Talent has been declining and as you say the pool it's drawn from keeps getting smaller.

It happens. Hell of a run though.