Tennessee Vols and McDonalds

Stoney

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

SEC blocking schools from hiring Hugh Freeze?

I think when Hugh said he was going to stay at Liberty he gave them a reason to quit looking at him...  I think he wants to win (or knows he will win) again next year before making that jump again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think when Hugh said he was going to stay at Liberty he gave them a reason to quit looking at him...  I think he wants to win (or knows he will win) again next year before making that jump again.

And considering what a train wreck Tennessee is right now, he might be of the mindset that his dream job would be more of a nightmare. With a potential mass exodus of the best remaining players through the transfer portal and the possibility of sanctions, be they self-imposed or ncaa, the customary 3 years might not be long enough to turn things around. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Tennessee is in the Matt Luke stage right now. Come in and be the HC while getting your butt kicked during the punishment phase. We’ll pay you for it but you’re gone as soon as the punishment is over.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

And considering what a train wreck Tennessee is right now, he might be of the mindset that his dream job would be more of a nightmare. With a potential mass exodus of the best remaining players through the transfer portal and the possibility of sanctions, be they self-imposed or ncaa, the customary 3 years might not be long enough to turn things around. 

Rumors that one of the reasons Wanya Morris chose OU over A&M was the possibility of SEC punishment if he transferred within conference. Big12 was totally fine.

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Tennessee is in the Matt Luke stage right now. Come in and be the HC while getting your butt kicked during the punishment phase. We’ll pay you for it but you’re gone as soon as the punishment is over.

Will they though? 

They don’t want to pay Pruitt.

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

If I'm Hugh Freeze and Tenny is my "dream job," then I stay at Liberty and play the part of the upstart until the Vols bottom out. 

Then, once expectations are at a perfect nadir (and any possible penalties have been paid), you can waltz in as the savior. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Tennessee gave themselves the death penalty to avoid paying Pruitt.

That’s exactly what this is sounding like. Whether they kept him, fired him and paid him, or did what they did, they still aren’t winning much over the next three years. 

2 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Some folks may say it's getting worse, I say it's getting funnier..... 😂🤣

Tennessee will owe Kevin Steele $1 million for two weeks of not really work https://t.co/2EWwS7aYAd

$1m for two weeks? That’s 1,000,000 double cheeseburgers off the McDonald’s $1 menu. What a sweet gig.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1