State school standards banish lessons about World War I, II, Holocaust, Civil War: New priorities include 'awareness' of LGBTA+ community, 'systemic racism'

RETIREDFAN1

32 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Apparently the Minnesota Dept of Education believes the school systems job is to indoctrinate rather than to educate.

As do a vast majority of our States financed Universities.   I understand why blue states do it, but why Universities in Texas are allowed to do it is beyond me.   I know conservative students at Lamar are restricted on writing their opinions (if they want to pass).   No doubt UT is just as bad or worse.  My tax money at work.

30 minutes ago, Hagar said:

As do a vast majority of our States financed Universities.   I understand why blue states do it, but why Universities in Texas are allowed to do it is beyond me.   I know conservative students at Lamar are restricted on writing their opinions (if they want to pass).   No doubt UT is just as bad or worse.  My tax money at work.

And then people wonder why the education system has such a poor reputation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.  Old Rod knew where the Left was heading.  That describes PC to a T.

Here's another. "To Serve Man". The phrase itself has a double-meaning in the episode. The aliens "serve" (help) man, and then later, serve (as in, for dinner) man...

8 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Here's another. "To Serve Man". The phrase itself has a double-meaning in the episode. The aliens "serve" (help) man, and then later, serve (as in, for dinner) man...

When I was a young feller I read Sci-Fi books.   Had one full of short stories and this was one of them.   Read it before TZ was on TV.  Remember seeing it on TZ the first time.  I remember being thrilled that I knew the ending.   Lol, seems funny now.  Great story - in the book & on Twilight Zone.