Open Coaching Jobs per Dave Campbell

lionpride08

19 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I dont think there's anything going on....Rogers has been around a while and had been at Denison nine years..sometimes change is needed for both parties, the message gets stale etc.....he still had two years left on his contract I just think he felt like it was a good opportunity for a change and to do it early enough to give Denison time to get a quality coach in

Any updates on the Wylie East job?

13 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I dont think there's anything going on....Rogers has been around a while and had been at Denison nine years..sometimes change is needed for both parties, the message gets stale etc.....he still had two years left on his contract I just think he felt like it was a good opportunity for a change and to do it early enough to give Denison time to get a quality coach in

This might be true but I just figured he could have landed himself a better job than the worst 2a team in the state of Texas. Guess he could be looking for a cushy job with no pressure to sail off into his retirement maybe.

7 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

This might be true but I just figured he could have landed himself a better job than the worst 2a team in the state of Texas. Guess he could be looking for a cushy job with no pressure to sail off into his retirement maybe.

I'm sure where he lives probably had something to do with it too, not having to pack up the house and make life crazy is always a plus.  Along with that, doing it to the tune of the same salary is always a good thing.

46 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Rogers is from that area originally and is parents are much, much older....I am sure not moving and being close to them had a lot to do with it....I think sometimes we only look at football and forget they are humans with lives outside of the game and just like anyone family obligations etc play a role in things

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Just seen where Joe Lepsis resigned from New Braunfels Canyon could be returning to Wylie East?

You know maybe its not as crazy as I originally thought considering the principal who hired him at Canyon and who was his OC at Wylie East is back in Wylie ISD as asst. supt....I do know Wylie ISD is pretty far along in their process however

5 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

You know maybe its not as crazy as I originally thought considering the principal who hired him at Canyon and who was his OC at Wylie East is back in Wylie ISD as asst. supt....I do know Wylie ISD is pretty far along in their process however

Ok I know that he was pretty successful at Wylie East you would think he would have another job lined up if he's resigning after going 11-2 this year.

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Maybe Wylie East is far along but not feeling a winner. It's possible they called him. But, I have ZERO info just saying crazier stuff has happened. 

• 2 months later...