$15/hr not enough....

gamewatcher63

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/california-democrat-23-minimum-wage

Why not $25/hr? Why not $30/hr?  Heck why not make everyone just make the same no matter what job you have....NIRVANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll quit my job where I'm subject too random drug and alcohol testing and federal prison if I'm found negligent in my actions and I will just sit at home and live off my baby mamma's Gov. checks.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Why not $25/hr? Why not $30/hr?  Heck why not make everyone just make the same no matter what job you have....NIRVANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll quit my job where I'm subject too random drug and alcohol testing and federal prison if I'm found negligent in my actions and I will just sit at home and live off my baby mamma's Gov. checks.

Sounds fun

14 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Paying everyone the exact same “wage” de-incentivizes people from striving to excel at their work; I mean, why should one worker put more into their job than their peers when there is no benefit to expending the “ Sweat Equity” it takes to go “above & beyond” only to receive exactly the same compensation as the shiftless layabouts in their crew?

Taking a page from DaveTV here & letting a song speak to what is going on in America in 2021...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Paying everyone the exact same “wage” de-incentivizes people from striving to excel at their work; I mean, why should one worker put more into their job than their peers when there is no benefit to expending the “ Sweat Equity” it takes to go “above & beyond only to receive exactly the same compensation as the shiftless layabouts in their crew?

Demo's in bold....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Minimum wage is straight up communism........the MARKET should decide wages......

It's funny to me that when you study minimum wage the people most hurt by it are the ones fighting the hardest for it. Thomas Sowell explains it pretty well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, trashyhound said:

It's funny to me that when you study minimum wage the people most hurt by it are the ones fighting the hardest for it. Thomas Sowell explains it pretty well. 

Yep.  They’ll get $15 to make that #2 whatameal, but they’ll have to pay $20.56 for it on their break

• Like 4

9 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

You have a great point. I put in 80 hrs a week easily on salary. Have no home life. What is the point if I can flip burgers at 15 an hour. 

Warehouse workers make around 16 an hour. How many of them are going to quit working in the heat and go to McDonalds. Target and Walmart going to have to up  their game to get people to work for them. What to you think is going to happen to the price of goods at that point? 1500.00 for a ps5. 15 dollars for a cup of coffee 

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I mean, why should one worker put more into their job than their peers when there is no benefit to expending the “ Sweat Equity” it takes to go “above & beyond only to receive exactly the same compensation as the shiftless layabouts in their crew?

Saw something once where a 20-something who worked at a noodle restaurant was complaining because he thought that the employees should have as much say (or more) than the owner of the restaurant. Even though the owner is the one who took the risk, etc. I'll have to see if I can find it, because it's a few years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

All the guys working your poop trucks will get a raise.  On top of that you’ll be paying more in taxes each year too.  

I'll do like Don The Con and find the loopholes and donate money to charities and get it all back at the end of the year 😉

Just now, JETT said:

Na no max, some ppl work harder and more experienced they should be paid more than the average joe 

"At some point, you've made enough money." -- President Obama

There are people who believe this, though. I believe there was a 1:12 initiative (or something like that) in Switzerland. It was basically a proposition that said that CEOs of companies could not, by law, make more than 12x the lowest paid employee. It failed, miserably. I think something like 67% of the people who voted did so against it.

Consider that, if you will. They were trying (I think) to increase wages for their lower-wage workers, and reduce wages for the higher wage workers.

Also consider: Wal-Mart's CEO makes almost $24 million per year. Under this paradigm, the "lowest paid" employee at Wal-Mart would make almost $2 million per year.

And even if you reduced the Wal-Mart CEO's salary down to $1 million, that would make the lowest paid employee have a yearly wage of just over $83,000 per year.

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

"At some point, you've made enough money." -- President Obama

There are people who believe this, though. I believe there was a 1:12 initiative (or something like that) in Switzerland. It was basically a proposition that said that CEOs of companies could not, by law, make more than 12x the lowest paid employee. It failed, miserably. I think something like 67% of the people who voted did so against it.

Consider that, if you will. They were trying (I think) to increase wages for their lower-wage workers, and reduce wages for the higher wage workers.

Also consider: Wal-Mart's CEO makes almost $24 million per year. Under this paradigm, the "lowest paid" employee at Wal-Mart would make almost $2 million per year.

And even if you reduced the Wal-Mart CEO's salary down to $1 million, that would make the lowest paid employee have a yearly wage of just over $83,000 per year.

SMH, that's ridiculous.... 

17 minutes ago, JETT said:

Na no max, some ppl work harder and more experienced they should be paid more than the average joe 

Harder workers on the lower end too.  Government shouldn't dictate winners and losers.  Minimum wage hurts the hard worker and promotes mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Harder workers on the lower end too.  Government shouldn't dictate winners and losers.  Minimum wage hurts the hard worker and promotes mediocrity.

Ppl can not make it on $7.25 an hr, that's why so many purchase China products off the internet cause they just can't afford American made...  7.25 is nothing, america the greatest place to live and all we can offer is 7.25 and gas is $2 a gallon, I think it needs to be raised slightly JMO, even $10 is a start