$15/hr not enough....

gamewatcher63

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

Then who will do that job? My guess would be the college students with busy schedules who have lil time and vote Democrat 

1 minute ago, JETT said:

Guess they're other choice would be to go out of business 

Absolutely!  Or raise their wages to compete, but to artificially raise wages through government policy just makes the cost of everyone's hamburger go up. 0 winners

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

Then who will do that job? My guess would be the college students with busy schedules who have lil time and vote Democrat 

Here's the thing, though: How many jobs in this country actually pay minimum wage? And of those, how many are worked by non-teenagers?

As to hard workers, that's true. Especially in retail or food service. Trust me, I know. All you have to do is work a little bit harder than your other co-workers, and you can get raises and promotions. Happened to me when I worked food service. All told, I worked in food service about 4.5 years, but I did at one point work my way up to an assistant manager role. I have a cousin who has been working in foodservice for a while, too, and he's a store manager right now.

minimum wage is set for entre level employees. High School kids. The problem is there are not that many manufacturing jobs left because of robotics and Government regulations. 

Only going to get worse in the days ahead 

6 hours ago, JETT said:

I'll do like Don The Con and find the loopholes and donate money to charities and get it all back at the end of the year 😉

Shouldn’t that go in the democrats hypocrisy thread?  Because you were one of the vocal ones saying trump didn’t pay his fair share of taxes.  Lol, you just can’t stop can you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Shouldn’t that go in the democrats hypocrisy thread?  Because you were one of the vocal ones saying trump didn’t pay his fair share of taxes.  Lol, you just can’t stop can you

I dont make millions either

6 hours ago, JETT said:

I think more like $12 an hour or so..... 

Some companies profits are ridiculous to only pay $7.25 an hour....

What do you pay now?  Asking for a friend that’s unemployed.  He’s moving here from California where they had shutdowns.  He’s looking for a job 

• LOL! 1

Just now, DB2point0 said:

What do you pay now?  Asking for a friend that’s unemployed.  He’s moving here from California where they had shutdowns.  He’s looking for a job 

I've answered that on here already tell your friend to learn to read and search b4 he looks for a job

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JETT said:

Na no max, some ppl work harder and more experienced they should be paid more than the average joe 

Surely if the minimum wage goes up, the better more hard working employees should get a raise out of the deal too right?  Say a guy drives a poop truck for 10 years and is a good hand, he’s making $20/hr compared to the entry level guy making $12/hr.  The entry gets bumps $3/hr to the new minimum wage so shouldn’t the top hand get a $3/hr raise too.  Raising the minimum wage is kinda resetting the entire market

Surely if the minimum wage goes up, the better more hard working employees should get a raise out of the deal too right?  Say a guy drives a poop truck for 10 years and is a good hand, he’s making $20/hr compared to the entry level guy making $12/hr.  The entry gets bumps $3/hr to the new minimum wage so shouldn’t the top hand get a $3/hr raise too.  Raising the minimum wage is kinda resetting the entire market

Not necessarily, not many ppl get $3 an hour raises... $7.25 is ridiculously low

5 hours ago, JETT said:

Ppl can not make it on $7.25 an hr, that's why so many purchase China products off the internet cause they just can't afford American made...  7.25 is nothing, america the greatest place to live and all we can offer is 7.25 and gas is $2 a gallon, I think it needs to be raised slightly JMO, even $10 is a start

I also think it needs raised, but wages should match the work too.  A burger flipper at whataburger shouldn’t make the same as a welder’s helper.  I think $10/hr is appropriate.  If you want more, go find a job that pays more.  But then your subject to other things like drug tests and background checks.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I also think it needs raised, but wages should match the work too.  A burger flipper at whataburger shouldn’t make the same as a welder’s helper.  I think $10/hr is appropriate.  If you want more, go find a job that pays more.  But then your subject to other things like drug tests and background checks.  

👍

5 hours ago, JETT said:

Yes to the college kids, but not the ones that voted D.  They’ll be out picketing for loan forgiveness and higher wages.  They don’t have time to work part time.  It’ll be the college kids wanting to work to pay their own way.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JETT said:

I've answered that on here already tell your friend to learn to read and search b4 he looks for a job

Can he call the number on this sign?  Are you hiring?  Funny you won’t post what your company pays.  A proud liberal business owner is ashamed to tell what he pays his hands?!  Surely it isn’t something to be ashamed of.  I bet your drivers make a lot of money, especially since you champion fair markets and equality here.  

CDADC20E-E0EF-40E2-BA31-E3D08D3DF92B.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

I pay taxes, and quite a bit... and I don't mind either cause if I ever need a loan I have proof

But you chastised trump for using the “loopholes”, or tax deductions as the irs calls them.  But you turn around and do the same thing yourself.  Funny

Can he call the number on this sign?  Are you hiring?  Funny you won’t post what your company pays.  A proud liberal business owner is ashamed to tell what he pays his hands?!  Surely it isn’t something to be ashamed of.  I bet your drivers make a lot of money, especially since you champion fair markets and equality here.  

CDADC20E-E0EF-40E2-BA31-E3D08D3DF92B.jpeg

I've posted already on here what they make, @DannyZuco already asked and I broke it down for him