GOP Rep. Stefanik: ‘I Am Not Worried About the Future of the Republican Party’ — GOP Is ‘Energized’ at a Local Level

RETIREDFAN1

27 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest. That would mean vote splitting, which would mean more Democrats in office...at least for a bit.

If there is a RINO, there is no difference......time to split it up and get rid of the libturds who run under an "R".........

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Saw where trump was trying to create a "patriot party"

There was talk of it. But like other 3rd party groups--it will never amount to much, because they only want the "Big Piece of Pie" in the Presidency. 

A true new political party would start out trying to win every local election it could, prove they were worthy of sustaining growth. Then start taking HOR and Senate seats to end political domination by the 2 major parties. Then it could shoot for the big prize. But unfortunately they can't do that--they go for a job that if they even win, they really don't win because they still have to appease the dems and GOP in the Congress. And nothing gets done. Which is not unusual in Washington DC. LOL

21 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

There was talk of it. But like other 3rd party groups--it will never amount to much, because they only want the "Big Piece of Pie" in the Presidency. 

A true new political party would start out trying to win every local election it could, prove they were worthy of sustaining growth. Then start taking HOR and Senate seats to end political domination by the 2 major parties. Then it could shoot for the big prize. But unfortunately they can't do that--they go for a job that if they even win, they really don't win because they still have to appease the dems and GOP in the Congress. And nothing gets done. Which is not unusual in Washington DC. LOL

The Alliance Party: https://www.theallianceparty.com/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Interesting, but looking at the cover page it really does not emphasize that they are going all local to begin with, but trying to find people who are not corrupt--well that is hard to do. But good luck to them. 

True. But starting with local people who aren't corrupt would be a step in the right direction, wouldn't it? I mean, what if we had a few state-level people from this party? Then maybe a couple of elections later, a few in the U.S. House or Senate?

15 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

True. But starting with local people who aren't corrupt would be a step in the right direction, wouldn't it? I mean, what if we had a few state-level people from this party? Then maybe a couple of elections later, a few in the U.S. House or Senate?

That is what needs to happen, but the 2 major parties are not going down without a fight. So you can bet they come up with wonderful lies about someone from the Alliance party. I mean if they can get 1/2 of a country to buy into a "Russian Collusion" story for 3 years, just imagine what they can do to a local guy. 

There aren't two major parties......they are both the same with only a few minor discrepancies..........I've been saying this same thing for over a decade now.......PRESIDENT TRUMP was a wonderful break from the republicrats.......now we are back to all the whores of the Rothschilds getting their way once again.......

49 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Interesting, but looking at the cover page it really does not emphasize that they are going all local to begin with, but trying to find people who are not corrupt--well that is hard to do. But good luck to them. 

At the grassroots level, a lot of these politicians are not corrupted.  They start invigorated by their platform, get in office, then meet Pelosi, Mitch, McCain, etc and get bullied into signing off on a bill that they don't have enough time to read or corrupted into "long-term investments" with alliances to please their constituency with pork-filled bills.  There are so many hidden items in our legislative bills that we literally have no clue what our government spends money on. 

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

At the grassroots level, a lot of these politicians are not corrupted.  They start invigorated by their platform, get in office, then meet Pelosi, Mitch, McCain, etc and get bullied into signing off on a bill that they don't have enough time to read or corrupted into "long-term investments" with alliances to please their constituency with pork-filled bills.  There are so many hidden items in our legislative bills that we literally have no clue what our government spends money on. 

Not sure it could be done, but I saw something once where someone proposed two things:

1. Any bill presented to Congress must stay "on topic" (i.e. no adding pork to it)

2. Any bill presented to Congress must not be longer than the Constitution if it were typed up and printed out (including Amendments).

Part of the problem is the sheer size (in pages) of some of these bills, compared to when they need to be voted on.

Consider the U.S. Tax Code. A 2008 report estimated that the tax code was 3.7 million words. One typewritten (I assume 12 point Times New Roman) page is about 500 words, with 1 inch margins. That, in and of itself is 7,400 pages. Some estimate the tax code to be as high as 70,000 pages. If the average person can read 250 words per minute, that's 1 page every 2 minutes. That document would take you 150 days to read, non-stop.

Now consider that the latest COVID relief package was 5,500 pages, and that the ACA was 2,200 pages. Then look at the amount of time they had, and tell me that they read those bills.

• Like 1