Texas Gov. Abbott: Vetting of National Guard the ‘Most Offensive Thing I’ve Ever Heard’

RETIREDFAN1

Question: 

What is more important--A person's political affiliation or their oath the US Constitution? 

By checking the backgrounds of 25,000 national guardsmen--the incoming president has decided that political affiliation is more important than a person's oath the US Constitution-(to uphold/protect/defend it). Personally--If were a soldier in this military--that would be something that would cause me to leave the service--Whether I am a registers Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or independent--it has NO bearing on whether or not I will keep my oath to the US Constitution--to uphold/protect/defend it. No matter who was being elected to the presidency. 

• Like 1

Just now, DannyZuco said:

Question: 

What is more important--A person's political affiliation or their oath the US Constitution? 

By checking the backgrounds of 25,000 national guardsmen--the incoming president has decided that political affiliation is more important than a person's oath the US Constitution-(to uphold/protect/defend it). Personally--If were a soldier in this military--that would be something that would cause me to leave the service--Whether I am a registers Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or independent--it has NO bearing on whether or not I will keep my oath to the US Constitution--to uphold/protect/defend it. No matter who was being elected to the presidency. 

I don't believe for a minute that they checked their political party, but instead their affiliations. All bets are off on hanging out with fringe groups, if you are there to serve and protect. 

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't believe for a minute that they checked their political party, but instead their affiliations. All bets are off on hanging out with fringe groups, if you are there to serve and protect. 

fascist.......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am glad that you don't think for a minute, but that is an opinion.....

Isn't a political party and affiliation? Meaning if they are checking affiliations, they are checking political parties--IMO--but like I said yesterday--opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one. I am betting not a single BLM or Black Panther or LULAC or Antifa affiliated soldier was keep from being there today. 

But Barry, I hope your are correct and they only looked at out of the ordinary affiliations, just no way to prove it. 

9 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The most offensive thing he’s ever heard? You gotta wonder where “grab ‘em by the ——-“ ranks on Greg’s list. 

Must have grabbed yours.  You bring it up enough.  I have a feeling Abbott thought it was a few rungs below fascism, but that is just a guess.

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Must have grabbed yours.  You bring it up enough.  I have a feeling Abbott thought it was a few rungs below fascism, but that is just a guess.

You seem kind of hung up, maybe even fascinated by the thought of transgender or homosexual or feminine other people. Are you holding women hostage in your basement, so that you can make a human skin suit one day??? 🤣

14 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You seem kind of hung up, maybe even fascinated by the thought of transgender or homosexual or feminine other people. Are you holding women hostage in your basement, so that you can make a human skin suit one day??? 🤣

Come on Barry--how many people in Texas actually have basements? He's probably holding them on his compound, in the Big Thicket. LOL. 

11 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Question: 

Biden doesn’t trust the military.  He knows if a civil war broke out, they wouldn’t be on his side.  Roll your eyes if you agree

• LOL! 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

20 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Biden doesn’t trust the military.  He knows if a civil war broke out, they wouldn’t be on his side

I don't think that is so for a moment. A reminder of their oath: I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ...

29 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't think that is so for a moment. A reminder of their oath: I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ...

Why are they having to screen/vet them now?  Things work both ways.

53 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Why are they having to screen/vet them now?  Things work both ways.

You hear about that thing on January 6th? There were clearly some inside influences at work. And there has been knowledge of white supremacy memberships among military and law enforcement for a long time. That's not okay. 

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You hear about that thing on January 6th? There were clearly some inside influences at work. And there has been knowledge of white supremacy memberships among military and law enforcement for a long time. That's not okay. 

You just said they took an oath!!!!!  But now you’re saying not to trust the oath!!!  Which is it Barry???

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Biden doesn’t trust the military.  He knows if a civil war broke out, they wouldn’t be on his side.  Roll your eyes if you agree

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You just said they took an oath!!!!!  But now you’re saying not to trust the oath!!!  Which is it Barry???

You said that and I refuted you...did you get confused? 

14 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You said that and I refuted you...did you get confused? 

Actually you said the oath was a reason to trust them.  Then turned right around and gave a reason to vet/screen them.  Which is it?  Trust the oath or not?  You’re the one that must be confused

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Slow down, less caffeine. You said the military would take up arms for a rebellion, and I said no, they wouldn't, because they had taken an oath. There are some that have lost their way, but definitely no more than a minuscule amount. You doubt that? 

Do you think that every person that took that oath would fight for that side?  I don’t.  I believe it’d be split, most would prolly fight for the rebellion especially if they know the country is being stolen out from under them.  

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

The National Guard is a "fringe group"? ... Plugs and the treasonous dimocrat party are the REAL fringe group we need to be worried about, not the loyal men and women in our military  ...

11 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Just another fake news liberal media manufactured story ....

41 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

NPR compiled a list of individuals facing federal or District of Columbia charges in connection with the events of Jan. 6. Of more than 140 charged so far, a review of military records, social media accounts, court documents and news reports indicate at least 27 of those charged, or nearly 20 percent, have served or are currently serving in the U.S. military. To put that number in perspective, only seven percent of all American adults are military veterans, according to the Census Bureau.

Can see that - they took an oath to the Constitution when they enlisted