UIL Top 100

Eagleborn

40 minutes ago, VonG said:

JT has 3 players on the 100 list. I don't believe any other school in Texas can say that. Alot of talent has walked the halls of JT. 

We came close with 2 (Bobby Taylor and Trent Williams). Could argue at least Haynes King could've been a 3rd since he has the 2nd most passing yardage in top classification game history but I know QB is a deep position. 

Was also looking at the programs that had multiple coaches on this list.

Longview, SLC, Yates, Aledo, Highland Park, North Shore, Plano, Plano East, Tatum, Abilene, Temple, Barbers Hill, Newton, Westlake, Permian are a few of the ones I noticed. 

On 1/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, VonG said:

JT has 3 players on the 100 list. I don't believe any other school in Texas can say that. Alot of talent has walked the halls of JT. 

I think Marc Broyles should have been on this list.  Also, good to see Coach Wilson was on the list as well.

I think a game that gets overlooked was JT vs Denton Guyer in 2012.   Three Onside kicks to take the lead back.  Should have been on the games list. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, ANTI said:

We came close with 2 (Bobby Taylor and Trent Williams). Could argue at least Haynes King could've been a 3rd since he has the 2nd most passing yardage in top classification game history but I know QB is a deep position. 

Was also looking at the programs that had multiple coaches on this list.

Longview, SLC, Yates, Aledo, Highland Park, North Shore, Plano, Plano East, Tatum, Abilene, Temple, Barbers Hill, Newton, Westlake, Permian are a few of the ones I noticed. 

Big Sandy had 2 as well. WOS had 2 or 3

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think Marc Broyles should have been on this list.  Also, good to see Coach Wilson was on the list as well.

I think a game that gets overlooked was JT vs Denton Guyer in 2012.   Three Onside kicks to take the lead back.  Should have been on the games list. 

I would have chosen Marc over Aaron. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:55 AM, VonG said:

I would have chosen Marc over Aaron. 

I agree. And that is no knock against Ross. He is one of the best high school corners I ever saw.  I think he allowed like 3 or 4 catches against him the entire season.   But Broyles was a monster on both sides of the ball. 

22 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I agree. And that is no knock against Ross. He is one of the best high school corners I ever saw.  I think he allowed like 3 or 4 catches against him the entire season.   But Broyles was a monster on both sides of the ball. 

I don’t think Ross is top 100 material. They went off his success at the pro and college level in being part of championship teams. He was a great player. I just don't think he is one of the top 100 players in uil history. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I don’t think Ross is top 100 material. They went off his success at the pro and college level in being part of championship teams. He was a great player. I just don't think he is one of the top 100 players in uil history. 

hmmm. Ok, by using that, I can see why Broyles wasn't on it.    

Ross was a really good.  I don't have problem with him being on the list, but I wouldn't be mad if was off the list either.   I still think he is one of the best high school corners I ever seen and he won the Jim Thorpe award for best DB in college.  He was also the staring CB on two super bowl winning teams.  I think he had a very good pro career, but he wasn't at top CB like he was in High school and college.   I think with the criteria they made, he deserves to be on the list.