Shelbyville

Crow2254

7 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Since Buddy Pierce left has anyone stayed over 3-4 years at Sville? Just seems like a revolving door there. Any idea what board or admin is looking for....Its been going on for literally over 25 yrs

Ole Rusty 

8 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

There hasn't been much stability but this next hire is about to change that. 

I'm not 100% sure but fairly certain who it will be, and if so it will be the best hire as AD in the schools history. 

what makes you think that

9 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

There hasn't been much stability but this next hire is about to change that. 

That's funny right there!  I don't care who you are!

But seriously, when do places that have been open every 3-5 years realize that it just can't be that "they didn't have the right kinda guy there"?  Maybe the next one will be "the right guy" but looking at the past couple of decades Shelby County's record of going through head football coaches I'll give him 4 years.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, welluknow said:

what makes you think that

Too early to call but the right guy is on the list. He will be good for all sports because he cares and he knows how to evaluate people. He will make good hires and maximize the talents of everybody. 

He will also be a bridge from youth sports to school ball. Something Shelbyville has sorely lacked for the better part of two decades. 

The kids coming up right now have won in everything. They may not just dominate everybody but they have a great chance to be good in everything. Girls too. 

13 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

If the guy I'm talking about gets the job we will see who is laughing in about 3 or 4 years. Next year will be OK, but there will be a few building years. 

Remember, a successful AD is not just all about one sport. The kids coming up have been taught right and have excelled in everything. 

4 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

If the guy I'm talking about gets the job we will see who is laughing in about 3 or 4 years. Next year will be OK, but there will be a few building years. 

Remember, a successful AD is not just all about one sport. The kids coming up have been taught right and have excelled in everything. 

And I see this every time a new AD is hired.  "Boy! Jim Dangle is the right guy for the job!  He cares about the OVERALL program...not just football!  We knocked it out of the park with this one!"

For the kid's sake, I hope you're right.  I've been to games in Shelbyville and as far as I'm concerned a good portion of the fans aren't there to support the kids but rather themselves.

As far as me laughing?  Don't hold your breath.  I have no dog in this fight.  I find it extremely comical and pathetic whenever a place opens, again, after 3 years and the chivalrous people of the community come out of the woodworks saying things like "last guy wasn't a good fit" or "this is the right guy this time, I swear!". 

You may find Shelbyville a paradise in Shelby County, but to me it's no different than another other small town in Texas that can't get out of it's own way to help the kids grow into better adults and continues to perpetuate mediocrity in their population.  I know this because I'm from a small town and the same self-righteous idiots that were bred in my community are the same self-righteous idiots that are continuing to breed.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

But seriously, when do places that have been open every 3-5 years realize that it just can't be that "they didn't have the right kinda guy there"?  Maybe the next one will be "the right guy" but looking at the past couple of decades Shelby County's record of going through head football coaches I'll give him 4 years.

Correct. There is one AD/ HFC in Shelby County that has been at his job more than 5 years. The guy he replaced had been there 13 years. Timpson’s guy is next in line and they made an outstanding hire in 2016. Tenaha has had sustained success in spite of the revolving door. Center and Shelbyville are both riddled with politics and can’t seem to put it aside to rise above mediocrity. 

• Like 2

Too early to call but the right guy is on the list. He will be good for all sports because he cares and he knows how to evaluate people. He will make good hires and maximize the talents of everybody. 

He will also be a bridge from youth sports to school ball. Something Shelbyville has sorely lacked for the better part of two decades. 

The kids coming up right now have won in everything. They may not just dominate everybody but they have a great chance to be good in everything. Girls too. 

Well I hope you are right, would be nice to see them be good in everything they do and be consistent. 

Did the last or all of the AD's before not make good hires and maximize the talents of everyone or did they do all they could with what they had?

• Like 1

That's good to know that they have excelled in everything maybe it will carry over and they will keep getting better. That's also good that they have been taught right, so hopefully they are very disciplined kids.  

I heard that SVille should be pretty good in football if they don't lose anyone to grades or injury as they are returning a lot from last years football team as well as the entire starting offensive line.  Im only speaking of football because the AD is typically the football head coach, but they will mostly be seniors next year.  Basketball and baseball Im not sure about.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, welluknow said:

That's good to know that they have excelled in everything maybe it will carry over and they will keep getting better. That's also good that they have been taught right, so hopefully they are very disciplined kids.  

I heard that SVille should be pretty good in football if they don't lose anyone to grades or injury as they are returning a lot from last years football team as well as the entire starting offensive line.  Im only speaking of football because the AD is typically the football head coach, but they will mostly be seniors next year.  Basketball and baseball Im not sure about.  

True about football next year but the other sports might have a few lean years. To include football after next year but there is definitely some good kids coming up. 

A lot of people invested a lot of quality time with them. 

3 hours ago, welluknow said:

Well I hope you are right, would be nice to see them be good in everything they do and be consistent. 

Did the last or all of the AD's before not make good hires and maximize the talents of everyone or did they do all they could with what they had?

The previous AD's didn't scratch the surface on what they had and there were some terrible hires as well. 

8 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

And I see this every time a new AD is hired.  "Boy! Jim Dangle is the right guy for the job!  He cares about the OVERALL program...not just football!  We knocked it out of the park with this one!"

For the kid's sake, I hope you're right.  I've been to games in Shelbyville and as far as I'm concerned a good portion of the fans aren't there to support the kids but rather themselves.

As far as me laughing?  Don't hold your breath.  I have no dog in this fight.  I find it extremely comical and pathetic whenever a place opens, again, after 3 years and the chivalrous people of the community come out of the woodworks saying things like "last guy wasn't a good fit" or "this is the right guy this time, I swear!". 

You may find Shelbyville a paradise in Shelby County, but to me it's no different than another other small town in Texas that can't get out of it's own way to help the kids grow into better adults and continues to perpetuate mediocrity in their population.  I know this because I'm from a small town and the same self-righteous idiots that were bred in my community are the same self-righteous idiots that are continuing to breed.

Well said. Spot on! 

The guy I'm praying for has been extremely successful and he understands the community. 

43 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

The previous AD's didn't scratch the surface on what they had and there were some terrible hires as well. 

well I hate to hear that the school is full of terrible hires, doesn’t sound good for this new guy unless he cleans house. Could be an opportunity for you and those people that put quality time with them in youth sports to come make the program right. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Well said. Spot on! 

The guy I'm praying for has been extremely successful and he understands the community. 

Any time someone says "understands the community" I hear "the program is going to suffer" because there's going to be too many chefs.

Again, I'm pulling for your mystery candidate to be the right guy.  At this point I'm willing to bet you're the guy you're praying for.

Shelbyville ISD School Board Agenda

Posted today at 3:04pm by Shelbyville ISD

Notice of Regular Meeting 

Board of Trustees 

Shelbyville Independent School District 

March, 2021

A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Shelbyville Independent School District will be held on Monday, March 8, 2021, beginning at 6:00 p.m., in the Board Room of the Shelbyville Independent School District at 5322 Hwy 87 S, Shelbyville, Texas.

The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.

1. Call to order
  2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
  3. Open forum
  4. Consent agenda
  1. Minutes of the February 18, 2021; March 1, 2021; and March 3, 2021 meetings of the board
  2. Monthly financial reports
  1. Consider for approval
  1. School Board Election Judge and Alternate Judge
  2. Application for Staff Development Waiver
  3. Change in April School Board Meeting Date
  1. Principal’s Reports
  1. Campus events
  2. Recognition of Staff and/or Students
  1. Superintendent’s Reports
  1. Region 7 Board Election
  2. Articles of Interest
  3. General Updates
  1. Executive Session
  1. Consider Athletic Director/Head Football Coach Position
  2. Consider Elementary Principal Position
  3. Resignations/Employment
  4. Personnel
  1. Open Session
  2. Adjournment

If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act. 

No action item is on the agenda concerning personnel of any sort. 

2 hours ago, welluknow said:

well I hate to hear that the school is full of terrible hires, doesn’t sound good for this new guy unless he cleans house. Could be an opportunity for you and those people that put quality time with them in youth sports to come make the program right. 

All the hires are not bad, and I would love to work with the young kids under the guidance of an AD that cares and has direction. 

1 hour ago, nationalpastime said:

Any time someone says "understands the community" I hear "the program is going to suffer" because there's going to be too many chefs.

Again, I'm pulling for your mystery candidate to be the right guy.  At this point I'm willing to bet you're the guy you're praying for.

Whatever.  Chefs? We don't have a cooking team 😂

I wouldn't do the job for a million dollars! I would help and support though. 

Maybe tonight I can elaborate more. They are interviewing right now. 

Well as most have probably heard by now I didn't get hired for the Sville job.......I promised the board I would beat Joaquin in every sport and even swore I'd give each board member a dish of my granny's nanner pudding..... Still didn't get the job....Well damm!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

7 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

In typical Shelbyville fashion they let the best candidate walk. This time though the push back will be different. You can't just keep doing what the people don't want. 

No further comment. I'm out. 

That's extremely petty if you really are a community member in Shelbyville.  That epitomizes the small town stereotype that your name carries weight and if you don't get your way you take your toys, go home, and then try to find a way to sabotage the new staff coming in.

Again, that's if you really are a community member.  I haven't seen a whole lot of good whenever schools bring in multiple candidates to interview in front of the school board on a scheduled night and offer the job while there's a group of candidates...if that's what Shelbyville did.