Shelbyville

Crow2254

8 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

In typical Shelbyville fashion they let the best candidate walk. This time though the push back will be different. You can't just keep doing what the people don't want. 

No further comment. I'm out. 

Could be right but why do you think they should have hired the round ball coach. I like him though and have nothing against him, just curious as to why community wanted him so bad. 

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Well as most have probably heard by now I didn't get hired for the Sville job.......I promised the board I would beat Joaquin in every sport and even swore I'd give each board member a dish of my granny's nanner pudding..... Still didn't get the job....Well damm!

The nanner Puddin would have closed the deal for me. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

So is there an announcement coming soon? Do they have their guy?

The AD position was on the agenda for last night as a “consideration” item, so I don’t think they could vote on it. They had a special called meeting for this afternoon to “interview candidates”, but it was canceled at the last minute. Maybe the board found out that OL’ GreasedLightning had his name in the hat and decided to step back and reconsider. 

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The AD position was on the agenda for last night as a “consideration” item, so I don’t think they could vote on it. They had a special called meeting for this afternoon to “interview candidates”, but it was canceled at the last minute. Maybe the board found out that OL’ GreasedLightning had his name in the hat and decided to step back and reconsider. 

Small town stuff.. the board conducting interviews is really not their place( not sure on law but i have always heard that this is actually not supposed to happen). its there job to vote on the candidates put forth by the Sup ,hear what they have to say, and the committee or principals then decide. 

• Like 2

After the other night this thread has went rogue... Silence..... Figured the big announcement of next Dragon leader would have made headlines already.....The way Sville changes guys they’ll have someone else before they announce this guy

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

After the other night this thread has went rogue... Silence..... Figured the big announcement of next Dragon leader would have made headlines already.....The way Sville changes guys they’ll have someone else before they announce this guy

I’m still thinking about nanner puddin. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, GreaseLightning said:

From what I hear Wallace got the job. Don't know too much about him but I have been wondering why the coaches from Carthage, Allen, Waskom, etc that apparently applied didn't even get an interview.....

10 hours ago, firebreathingreptilian said:

From what I hear Wallace got the job. Don't know too much about him but I have been wondering why the coaches from Carthage, Allen, Waskom, etc that apparently applied didn't even get an interview.....

Small town man. Either didn't know the right people, or the people questioned why (the Carthage and Allen) they are applying anyway.Another thought is the knew they couldn't afford them. 

12 hours ago, firebreathingreptilian said:

You will be happy with this hire.  Great coach and even better man!  This hire will also add a spark to some existing and old rivalries!  Should be fun!

5 hours ago, TheWolf said:

I actually think he will be just fine and succeed in SV.  He was at West Sabine during their good years as an assistant and inherited the program after graduating a bunch of extordinarily good 2A level players.  He has not had any dominant athletes since his promotion to AD/HFC but has still managed winning records and/or playoff appearances.  I think he has done very well for a guy with 25 average or below average players (athletically speaking).  He had been a part of making these average players better by instilling a toughness factor.  Those were good kids just not the level athletically as those the years before them but they played hard and were much better because of it.  Imagine what he can do with the athletes in SV once he instills that mentality there.....

Disclaimer:  in no way am I picking on the kids at WS.  They are a tough bunch.  Personally, I would rather have a kid with a killer mentality and the desire to be good versus a kid with good talent that knows it!

22 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

I actually think he will be just fine and succeed in SV.  He was at West Sabine during their good years as an assistant and inherited the program after graduating a bunch of extordinarily good 2A level players.  He has not had any dominant athletes since his promotion to AD/HFC but has still managed winning records and/or playoff appearances.  I think he has done very well for a guy with 25 average or below average players (athletically speaking).  He had been a part of making these average players better by instilling a toughness factor.  Those were good kids just not the level athletically as those the years before them but they played hard and were much better because of it.  Imagine what he can do with the athletes in SV once he instills that mentality there.....

Disclaimer:  in no way am I picking on the kids at WS.  They are a tough bunch.  Personally, I would rather have a kid with a killer mentality and the desire to be good versus a kid with good talent that knows it!

Only one person I know of has somewhat succeeded at Shelbyville.  No one ever does that. 

22 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

Also part of his winning tradition has been in terrible districts and then went to D2 last year.  Most teams like West Sabine have 25-35 players and make due with what they have.  He may be a great guy, but i think Benbow was a lot better than Wallace and Shelbyville will be in the predicament 4 years from now.  

29 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Also part of his winning tradition has been in terrible districts and then went to D2 last year.  Most teams like West Sabine have 25-35 players and make due with what they have.  He may be a great guy, but i think Benbow was a lot better than Wallace and Shelbyville will be in the predicament 4 years from now.  

Those districts that you are referencing had schools very similar in size to WS.  Talent wise and number wise they were where they needed to be.  

At any rate, I believe that IF he has the community support he will succeed.

Regardless of what either of us believes it is now up to Wallace and Shelbyville to prove one of us right and the other wrong!

2 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

Those districts that you are referencing had schools very similar in size to WS.  Talent wise and number wise they were where they needed to be.  

At any rate, I believe that IF he has the community support he will succeed.

Regardless of what either of us believes it is now up to Wallace and Shelbyville to prove one of us right and the other wrong!

The schools in those districts are still historically bad. But, correct, but I will bet he will follow the trend of the past 30 years.  

Who was coach when Sville played Mart several years ago? Ferguson was successful when he was there and no knock on him but my wife could’ve coached those guys and won....Super talented group. Buddy Pierce was relatively successful but 2 of my 4 varsity teams had losing records 

39 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Who was coach when Sville played Mart several years ago? Ferguson was successful when he was there and no knock on him but my wife could’ve coached those guys and won....Super talented group. Buddy Pierce was relatively successful but 2 of my 4 varsity teams had losing records 

Have they played mart? I don’t think they ever made it to the playoffs when Mart was in the region. I could be wrong though