15 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

STRAIGHT facts! One of the biggest reasons Tyler high can't compete with the major 5A teams  is the lack oline and dline players across the board. Holmes and coaches are trying to put something together, because this team, if the transfer works out, can be competitive. 

it looks like the Lions will have quite the talent this year.  If they don't have more turnout or depth, I don't think they go far.

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

it looks like the Lions will have quite the talent this year.  If they don't have more turnout or depth, I don't think they go far.

I think they'll be their biggest downfall, again, this coming season.

Obviously Tyler should be competing for a playoff spot again, but the depth will decide how their season will go.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It's a big one today for Jalen!

I am sure this may sound stupid, but this offer as a sophomore validates that this young man can be the best to ever come out of Longview....if we can get him the ball.......

• Like 2

I am sure this may sound stupid, but this offer as a sophomore validates that this young man can be the best to ever come out of Longview....if we can get him the ball.......

It also means that we should gameplan around the fact that every opposing coach and every defender is gonna be keying on him every play.

Just putting that out there.  itVh4AY.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LOL said:

It also means that we should gameplan around the fact that every opposing coach and every defender is gonna be keying on him every play.

Just putting that out there.  itVh4AY.gif

Good thing that there will be others.

Wait until people see fellow 2023 standouts WR JT Wright (6'4 190) and Amarian Hamilton.

Forest Park and Judson products....Hale was out of Foster.

Those that remember Lufkin standouts like Ralph Thomas or Keke Coutee....Hamilton is cut from that cloth and was actually utilized in Longview's gameplan regularly in '20 before he injured his ankle against West Brook.

Wright was also on varsity as a sophomore last year...and I think as soon as scouts lay eyes on him...he too will began to see his recruitment take off. This dude has very rare high pointing ability to go with plenty of other qualities.

Honestly whoever ends up being QB1, they have no excuses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Lot of rare players coming up in those '23 and '24 classes. Some heat coming in '25 too.

We don't really talk about it enough but Taylor Tatum had multiple varsity carries in '20....as a freshman.

Not even Vondrell or Fred received varsity carries as freshmen.

4 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think Miller at Legacy just got an offer from Bama too.  Looking forward to seeing both of these dudes at the next level.

Out of all of the Legacy running backs over the last 10-15 years, I really believe Miller has the highest ceiling... you could tell that he was a different level of talent...isn't he coming back??  If Legacy can put some talent and better game plan around him, he will have a breakout year.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I think Miller at Legacy just got an offer from Bama too.  Looking forward to seeing both of these dudes at the next level.

Out of all of the Legacy running backs over the last 10-15 years, I really believe Miller has the highest ceiling... you could tell that he was a different level of talent...isn't he coming back??  If Legacy can put some talent and better game plan around him, he will have a breakout year.

Dada and Tyrone Ross were godly against us.

But yeah, he's a baller.

He's part of the reason that I was saying Legacy should be better this year.

Their SR class is solid.

Yea, he is pretty good. I'm still a little bitter because he should be wearing blue and white..but that's on TISD for rezoning...lol.   Its crazy to have two rb's at the same time with this many div.1 offers. And they are both returning next yr for the raiders.

5 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Yea, he is pretty good. I'm still a little bitter because he should be wearing blue and white..but that's on TISD for rezoning...lol.   Its crazy to have two rb's at the same time with this many div.1 offers. And they are both returning next yr for the raiders.

Me too. Not only did we lose those 2 key kids, Tyler high lose nearly 30% of their players out the middle school system overnight when the rezoning happened 😑! It's been extremely difficult on our overall team depth 🤦🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Legacy needs to find defense.

I feel like they've actually had some decent offenses the past decade but they've been terrible defensively since Owens left.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 2:30 PM, JTFAN99 said:

You talking about the Langston kid.  He is around. I believe he is running track too.  Woods little brother (who started at CB this yr as a freshman) is on Varsity track too. He has been finishing in the top 5 in the 200. 

Sill positions are there....but not deep at OLine or D-line (although I think the Sanford kid will be pretty good)  and lots of other issues with depth  Really like to see who will be QB.  I wouldn't be shocked if Lacy gets a shot at it..but thinking the transfer will likely be the starter if he is there in the fall. 

Who is this transfer?

I mean Manor still finished 2-6 with him, and one of those wins was a forfeit. I wouldn’t automatically say Tyler is a top 3 team just with him.

Definitely gives them a better chance to be though. 

As said earlier, I think almost every single team minus maybe West will improve this next season. 

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Dada and Tyrone Ross were godly against us.

But yeah, he's a baller.

He's part of the reason that I was saying Legacy should be better this year.

Their SR class is solid.

Dada was very good.  I think Miller's size gives him the edge if he continues to develop.

I didn't go back far enough to include Tyrone Ross.  That dude will always be their best RB in my eyes.  He was a machine and incredibly versatile.

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean Manor still finished 2-6 with him, and one of those wins was a forfeit. I wouldn’t automatically say Tyler is a top 3 team just with him.

As said earlier, I think almost every single team minus maybe West will improve this next season. 

I think that will be the interesting part.  It looked like they were in most of their games.  He should definitely bring a more accurate passing game to Tyler giving them some options in the playbook....but I agree, only time will tell how successful they are.

9 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

True but was that 2-6 more of the team or the QB could be a lack of skill players. But by the looks of it they were in winning range of most of the losses they have outside of state finalist cedar park which is understandable and Hendrickson who was a decent team. So we will see what he got, at this point he is better than anything we got, hell y’all need to give us a QB y’all being stingy over there taking up all the good QBs LOL. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I think that will be the interesting part.  It looked like they were in most of their games.  He should definitely bring a more accurate passing game to Tyler giving them some options in the playbook....but I agree, only time will tell how successful they are.

We will actually have a chance at throwing the ball downfield! 🙌🏽

• Like 1