Tyler 2024 (soph) RB Derrick McFall (5'11 175) just ran a 10.91 100m in Lancaster....once again barely missing first place.

Teammate 2023 (JR) WR Montrell Wade (6'2 180) came in 3rd with an 11.11.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Tyler 2024 (soph) RB Derrick McFall (5'11 175) just ran a 10.91 100m in Lancaster....once again barely missing first place.

Teammate 2023 (JR) WR Montrell Wade (6'2 180) came in 3rd with an 11.11.

actually McFall is a Freshman and Wade is soph.

55 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

actually McFall is a Freshman and Wade is soph.

2024, meaning he'll be a sophomore in the fall.

That's how I've formatted athletes throughout this thread, graduation class followed by the grade level that they'll be this fall.

Just like Jalen Hale below.

Several players in the district are set to be at the Under Armour All American Camp Sunday....including Wylie East 2023 (JR) DE Anthony James II, Highland Park 2022 (SR) DE/TE Jack Curtis, Longview 2023 (JR) WR Jalen Hale and Longview 2024 (Soph) RB Taylor Tatum.

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

2024, meaning he'll be a sophomore in the fall.

That's how I've formatted athletes throughout this thread, graduation class followed by the grade level that they'll be this fall.

Just like Jalen Hale below.

I see.  But I guess it can be a little misleading for ongoing spring sports. 

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

@LoboFan07 @kingwolf

We're blowing out the competition. And yes, Jalen Hale has wheels. That's something we already knew but to see it on the track is pure beauty.  

Was talking with a few people that were there last night and they said the same thing you said. Blow out.

Fun to see.

Projected subvarsity rankings this fall:

JV

1. Longview

2. Highland Park

3. McKinney North

4. Tyler

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West Mesquite

9th

1. Longview

2. Highland Park

3. Tyler

4. Wylie East

5. Sherman

6. McKinney North

7. West Mesquite

Y'all know that I like discussing future talent. 

We all know Longview has a rich tradition and history of good RBs. But the future of the Longview Lobo RBs is about to be fun.

You all have heard or should be familiar with 2024 RB Taylor Tatum by now, who should be taking over RB1 for Longview as a sophomore this fall. Future major recruit. Fellow classmate Willie Nelson is also a stud but could be FS long term.

Well, coming right behind them is 2025 Kelvin Washington, who will be in 9th this fall. Judson product...crazy talented. He just ran an 100m in the 11 range this week in the MS meet.

The 2027 group (incoming 7th) is looking like another one of 'those' groups. Several coaches sons involved in this group, including at the QB position. Then there's 2027 RB/ATH Kaidon Graves. A name to certainly remember for the future. Not only a star on the football field but in track and baseball as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Interested in hearing from the Tyler folks how Drummer compares to McFall. They both look like future P5 players.

They are both very talented young players.  Given how Coach Holmes like to move young kids up, I wouldn't be shocked to see him on Varsity next yr.  The QB from Boulter is really good too. His last name is Crawford. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

JV

1. Longview

2. Highland Park

3. McKinney North

4. Tyler

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West Mesquite

9th

1. Longview

2. Highland Park

3. Tyler

4. Wylie East

5. Sherman

6. McKinney North

7. West Mesquite

I would put asterick by Tyler. Not sure if they will have 2 teams.  I'm sure alot of the JV kids will be on varsity, especially many of those Freshman.  I guess we will see.  Some good players from Boulter, hopefully the numbers improve.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

JV

1. Longview

2. Highland Park

3. McKinney North

4. Tyler

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West Mesquite

9th

1. Longview

2. Highland Park

3. Tyler

4. Wylie East

5. Sherman

6. McKinney North

7. West Mesquite

Homer pick but i almost want to put WE in that 3, maybe 2 for freshmen. Their freshmen are coming off 2 straight undefeated middle school years where they played the middle schools in both Allen, Lovejoy, and Rockwall. I know that doesnt mean much but Ive watched and there are athletes there.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I would put asterick by Tyler. Not sure if they will have 2 teams.  I'm sure alot of the JV kids will be on varsity, especially many of those Freshman.  I guess we will see.  Some good players from Boulter, hopefully the numbers improve.

My hope as well! Yes Tyler high definitely has some potentially good kids coming up in the program 

• Like 1