On 3/12/2021 at 8:32 PM, ANTI said:

@LoboFan07 @kingwolf

We're blowing out the competition. And yes, Jalen Hale has wheels. That's something we already knew but to see it on the track is pure beauty.  

I am trying not to be to excited but it really seems like the pieces offensively have fallen into place.  The talent level is sickening with their size and speed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dagreatflyatx said:

Homer pick but i almost want to put WE in that 3, maybe 2 for freshmen. Their freshmen are coming off 2 straight undefeated middle school years where they played the middle schools in both Allen, Lovejoy, and Rockwall. I know that doesnt mean much but Ive watched and there are athletes there.

Yeah, I knew you all had a good group of 9th graders coming in this fall.

I know both Longview and HP have solid classes coming in, had to give them 1 and 2. Tyler High does as well but as 99 was saying, they may not have a 9th team this fall which would move Wylie East up to #3.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:15 AM, ANTI said:

Longview 2022 (SR) QB Josh Thomas (6'1.5 195) at Gunslinger QB Academy yesterday. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMTkV7bhFfp/?igshid=11fi3ximbw5zy 

I really hope they settle into a strong favorite starting QB in the spring.  They need to let that QB develop timing and trust with the WR group this summer.  Then the future QB of the program needs to settle in on the JV or be the primary backup with dedicated playing time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ANTI said:

Y'all know that I like discussing future talent. 

We all know Longview has a rich tradition and history of good RBs. But the future of the Longview Lobo RBs is about to be fun.

You all have heard or should be familiar with 2024 RB Taylor Tatum by now, who should be taking over RB1 for Longview as a sophomore this fall. Future major recruit. Fellow classmate Willie Nelson is also a stud but could be FS long term.

Well, coming right behind them is 2025 Kelvin Washington, who will be in 9th this fall. Judson product...crazy talented. He just ran an 100m in the 11 range this week in the MS meet.

The 2027 group (incoming 7th) is looking like another one of 'those' groups. Several coaches sons involved in this group, including at the QB position. Then there's 2027 RB/ATH Kaidon Graves. A name to certainly remember for the future. Not only a star on the football field but in track and baseball as well.

ever since you put me onto these guys a couple of years ago I have been watching and waiting.  If they bring Washington up as a sophomore to varsity, they have the potential to be the best 1-2 punch this school has ever seen...that is even better than Vondrell and Ivory....

28 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

ever since you put me onto these guys a couple of years ago I have been watching and waiting.  If they bring Washington up as a sophomore to varsity, they have the potential to be the best 1-2 punch this school has ever seen...that is even better than Vondrell and Ivory....

Agreed. And that was a RB-FB combo. Like Keilyn Williams-Jessie Anderson. This would be a RB-RB combo....in which case their biggest competition would probably be Tyler McCray-Dacedric Hunt. They could be far better than those two were.

Man, I could write a novel on what the '24 and '25 classes will bring to the Longview backfield, RB and FB.

Not just depth but quality depth. FB Alijah Johnson is really nice in that '24 group. They're already having to move Willie Nelson to FS in that grade group....and Nelson was electrifying with the ball in his hands. I think they're doing that not because of Taylor Tatum, but because of what's coming to the Lobo Den this fall.

'25 is bringing in RB Kelvin Washington, and thats not all. RB Horton and FB Odum out of Foster were also a deadly combo. Odum is a big, physical specimen.

Wylie East 2021 Schedule

8/13 - @ Garland Naaman Forest (scrimmage),  6:30 PM

8/19 - vs Kaufman (scrimmage),  6:30 PM

Week 1  8/26 - vs Mt. Pleasant,  7:30 PM

Week 2  9/3 - vs Irving Nimitz (HC),  7:30 PM

Week 3  9/10 - @ Royse City,  7:30 PM

Week 4  OPEN

Week 5  9/24 - vs Sherman, 7:30 PM

Week 6  10/1 - @ Longview, 7:30 PM

Week 7  10/8 - vs McKinney North, 7:30 PM

Week 8  10/15 - @ Tyler, 7:30 PM

Week 9  10/21 - vs West Mesquite (Senior Night), 7:30 PM

Week 10 10/28 - @ Paris, 7 PM

Week 11  11/5 - @ Highland Park, 7:30 PM

• Like 1

Plenty of players in the district that have been busy this offseason, I wouldnt be shocked if Tyler 2023 WR/DB Tyreke Jones has been the busiest. 

Lot of camp invites and 7v7 activity for Jones this offseason.

Will be interesting to see where he's placed this fall. You'd think that he starts somewhere on the field for CUJO.

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

Plenty of players in the district that have been busy this offseason, I wouldnt be shocked if Tyler 2023 WR/DB Tyreke Jones has been the busiest. 

Lot of camp invites and 7v7 activity for Jones this offseason.

Will be interesting to see where he's placed this fall. You'd think that he starts somewhere on the field for CUJO.

no doubt.  He got snaps last yr.  Returned lots of kicks. He will be on the field.   Likely on both sides.

They have lots of DB, WR, RBs in the program...but low on lineman, especially on the defensive side. Kinda one of the main reasons they switched to 3-4. 

• Like 1