On 3/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, ANTI said:

Rivals just released their top 100 2023 rankings.

Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale is ranked the #8 overall player in the nation, #1 player in TX and #2 WR in the nation.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals250/2023

247 also just released their 2023 player rankings.

Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale, who got offer #25 from Oklahoma State yesterday, is ranked the #2 player in TX, #1 WR in TX and #2 WR in the nation. 

Wylie East 2023 DE Anthony James is ranked the #5 player in TX, #2 DE in TX and #5 strongside DE in the nation. 

https://247sports.com/Article/college-football-recruiting-rankings-Top247-Texas-2023-Anthony-Hill-Jalen-Hale-Rueben-Owens-David-Hicks-Anthony-James-163371139/

18 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Tyler High has a new BBall coach.

I thought they go with a coach with some head coaching experience and a good record...kinda like Coach Pinson when he got hired at JT.  But the community is excited about this hire. I hope he does well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I thought they go with a coach with some head coaching experience and a good record...kinda like Coach Pinson when he got hired at JT.  But the community is excited about this hire. I hope he does well.

Cujonation83 and I was just talking about this yesterday. Congratulations to Coach Johnson. But it seems that Tisd doesn't do a thorough job search when it comes to hiring coaches for JT. Hire alumni and be done with it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VonG said:

Cujonation83 and I was just talking about this yesterday. Congratulations to Coach Johnson. But it seems that Tisd doesn't do a thorough job search when it comes to hiring coaches for JT. Hire alumni and be done with it. 

Exactly, but Justin Johnson is SOLID in alot of areas and is popular in the community. I'm optimistic that he can make something shake.

12 hours ago, VonG said:

Yep. I agree. 

20 hours ago, VonG said:

So, I’m guessing that he is a alum of TH?

21 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

You would think so, but sometimes the up and comers can turn thing around, also.

Wylie East 2023 QB TJ Washington receives invite to ESPN Elite Underclassmen Camp in Houston later this month.

Washington is a big reason why I think East takes a leap forward in 2021. Holds Akron offer so far.

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Wylie East 2023 QB TJ Washington receives invite to ESPN Elite Underclassmen Camp in Houston later this month.

Washington is a big reason why I think East takes a leap forward in 2021. Holds Akron offer so far.

Is he the same QB as this past season?

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Is he the same QB as this past season?

Yep. I know he had at least one TD on us.

Was one of four 2023 QBs in the district to start last season.

This season, the entire district, outside of Tyler High, will have 2023 QBs. (Maybe Longview too depending on if we go with Allen again or not...I'm sure we will)

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, ANTI said:

I've noticed that Eli Holt has been pretty busy with route demons 7v7, playing with a few of his CUJO teammates.

Sounds like a player that certainly has a shot at starting to me. Not to mention he had a better year than Sanchez last year with probably less talent around him.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, ANTI said:

Plenty of players in the district that have been busy this offseason, I wouldnt be shocked if Tyler 2023 WR/DB Tyreke Jones has been the busiest. 

Lot of camp invites and 7v7 activity for Jones this offseason.

Will be interesting to see where he's placed this fall. You'd think that he starts somewhere on the field for CUJO.

Hearing Jones is now transferring out.