Area track meet was held today in Hallsville.

Longview 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor finished 1st in the 100m, with Tyler High 2024 RB Derrick McFall finishing 3rd. Both advance to regionals. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Straight sauced him from the line of scrimmage LOL 

Human highlight reel. You get it anywhere near him in 1v1, its going to him every time. 

20 hours ago, ANTI said:

Human highlight reel. You get it anywhere near him in 1v1, its going to him every time. 

I'm trying to recall any obvious drops he's made, or any incomplete passes that were the result of him running the wrong route: 

SCENE-MISSING.gif

40 minutes ago, LOL said:

I'm trying to recall any obvious drops he's made, or any incomplete passes that were the result of him running the wrong route: 

SCENE-MISSING.gif

I think he had a drop against Temple Wk 1 and 1 drop against Highland Park (reason why I say Kamden Perry still has the best hands ever...literally never saw him drop anything).

But Hale still has amazing hands. 1v1 situations, we probably havent seen anything quite like him. ETX probably hasnt seen anything like him since Dez and Hale looks way better than him at the same age. The route running, the speed, the quickness, the toughness...he's a whole bunch of former Lobo WRs wrapped into one body.

Not to mention he's still getting better, which is scary. We haven't even seen the best version of him yet. I saw some video yesterday of football workouts/passing scale, this dude was out here making these one handed O'dell catches on our safeties.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I think he had a drop against Temple Wk 1 and 1 drop against Highland Park (reason why I say Kamden Perry still has the best hands ever...literally never saw him drop anything).

I know Hale had one against Lufkin (only cause I relistened to that game today while working).

Perry, I can only ever remember one. It was at Rockwall in 2018. And the only reason I remember that is because it was our first drive of the game and it was the one time they stopped us. Perry had it on the far side and would've been a first down to continue it, but he dropped it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Perry, I can only ever remember one. It was at Rockwall in 2018. And the only reason I remember that is because it was our first drive of the game and it was the one time they stopped us. Perry had it on the far side and would've been a first down to continue it, but he dropped it.

I always remember the drop, out route... just always try to attribute it to Kearbey for some reason. But you're right.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, ANTI said:

Area track meet was held today in Hallsville.

Longview 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor finished 1st in the 100m, with Tyler High 2024 RB Derrick McFall finishing 3rd. Both advance to regionals. 

To add to this, Longview's 400 relay finished 1st at the area meet, it features Longview 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor.

Longview's 800 relay also finished 1st at the area meet, and it features Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Look closely at the logo and you will see roses.

I would've chosen a different typeface for the numbers, and maybe thickened the border between the Lion and the T, but the concept is smooth as ####. Really really cool. 

First day of spring ball has arrived. A look at the QB rooms around the district:

Highland Park - All signs point to 2023 QB Brennan Storer. He was QB2 as a sophomore in '20, has been surgical at these camps this offseason and currently holds 4 D1 offers. 2022 QB Hayden Ferguson did transfer in and is a D1 recruit as well....it makes things a little interesting but Storer will more than likely be the guy.

Longview - 2022 QB Josh Thomas vs 2023 QB Jordan Allen. Allen started for Longview as a sophomore in '20, while Thomas transferred in this offseason and recently received his first offer. Grant has left the program and is focusing solely on baseball, future FBS pitcher. Will be interesting to see if 2024 stud Andrew Tutt gets a shot too.

McKinney North -  Gavin Constantine returns after leading the Bulldogs as a sophomore.

Wylie East - TJ Washington will be returning to QB1 after leading the squad as a sophomore, 3rd year varsity player. Early offer from Akron.

Tyler High - 2022 Eli Sanchez vs 2022 Eli Holt. Sanchez has recieved snaps at QB for the Lions for several seasons now. Meanwhile, Holt transferred in this offseason and really looks the part.

Sherman - Folks in Sherman are really excited about 2023 QB Phoenix Grant. Good size, good arm, good mechanics...there probably isnt a QB in the district that has been more busy in 7v7 this offseason than Grant. He's a coaches son too, so you always have to fear those.

West Mesquite - 2023 QB Craig Dale will be QB1. Started for the Wranglers last season as a sophomore.

• Like 3