Longview 4x100, which features 2023 WR Jalen Hale and 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor, just ran a 40.79 at UIL state. That was good for 2nd place, missing first by .13

• Like 1

Just now, ANTI said:

Longview 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor just ran a season best 10.49 100m at UIL state, 5th place. Keanu Jones from Brenham won it with a 10.23 time. 

To put Taylor's speed into perspective, he did beat Tascosa D1 RB Major Everhart who finished 6th. 

Lot of people were saying Everhart had been the fastest athlete in TX coming into the weekend. 

• Like 1

Sherman goes 2-1 today at Plano 7v7 SQT. 

They beat Plano 33-20 and Mesquite Poteet 41-20.

That last loss to Little Elm cost them a chance to qualify for state but they will have 2 more chances, starting next week at Arlington SQT.

Some spring football footage from Longview. #10 is transfer 2022 QB Josh Thomas (6'1 190), orange jersey is 2023 QB Jordan Allen (6'1 190) and #80 is 2023 P5 WR JT Wright (6'4 190). 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

Some spring football footage from Longview. #10 is transfer 2022 QB Josh Thomas (6'1 190), orange jersey is 2023 QB Jordan Allen (6'1 190) and #80 is 2023 P5 WR JT Wright (6'4 190). 

#10 is a big number to live up to at Longview. I hope he's able to deserve it. 

17 minutes ago, LOL said:

#10 is a big number to live up to at Longview. I hope he's able to deserve it. 

Aint that the truth. I feel like if that's the number they're going for for him, he's going that starting spot. But maybe that's just me overthinking.

• Like 1

Watching these kids (and other former Lobos) come back home to volunteer their time for our Special Ed Field Day was awesome. Ducking the cameras and the attention, their focus was on being there for the kids. Beautiful. 

• Like 3