28 minutes ago, ANTI said:

A week after a not so good showing at Tyler SQT, Tyler High qualified for state today at the Keller Fossil Ridge SQT.

They join Wylie East as the only two teams in the district to qualify for state this year.

Tyler high didn’t play bad in the in the Tyler one either. They just lost in the final minute to team that qualified. 

• Like 1

DCTF rankings have two teams from this district in the top 5.

Highland Park will come into the season ranked #4, Longview will come into the season ranked #5.

#5 Longview will face #1 Denton Ryan Week 1 @ The Star.

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Highland Park will come into the season ranked #4, Longview will come into the season ranked #5.

What’s the district standings? 

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

Like our chances week one  more now that bear is gone and they lost coaches on defense and the push off wr is gone .

7 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I honestly think y’all will blow them out, Ryan was one and done. 

Eh, they'll be tough. Right now, I have to give them the edge especially since we'll probably rotate QBs.

But I will say that we have the potential to beat anyone, so we'll see.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

What’s the district standings? 

Their rankings are very similar to mine.

Going back to the 1st page, I have:

1. Highland Park

2. Longview

3. McKinney North

4. Wylie East

5. Tyler High

6. Sherman

7. West Mesquite

DCTF has:

1. Highland Park

2. Longview

3. McKinney North

4. Sherman

5. Tyler High

6. West Mesquite

7. Wylie East

So, we both agree on Highland Park, Longview and McKinney North getting those top 3 spots.

We even agree on Tyler High being #5.

They're high on Sherman, while I'm high on Wylie East but those are close to call. Sherman has grown on me a bit this offseason tbh.

What I definitely dont agree with is placing West Mesquite over Wylie East. I don't see it. West Mesquite is the only team in the district that I'd be shocked to see make post season...and even they should be better than they were last season. 

I don't understand Sherman being in the top 4 at all tbh. I feel like it's been universally accepted their team is not going to be as strong as next year, while pretty much every other team has improved in some way, shape or form.

27 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don't understand Sherman being in the top 4 at all tbh. I feel like it's been universally accepted their team is not going to be as strong as next year, while pretty much every other team has improved in some way, shape or form.

I think they are really short Changing Tyler no way with them having a QB and solid defense will they be 5 this team will be totally different with them having a QB now. same thing happened in 2018 I believe they had Tyler at 4 and we won the district 🤷🏽‍♂️. Don’t base everything off last season and that’s exactly what they did. 

I have it at 

1. HP

2. Longview 

3. Tyler

4. North 

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West

25 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think they are really short Changing Tyler no way with them having a QB and solid defense will they be 5 this team will be totally different with them having a QB now. same thing happened in 2018 I believe they had Tyler at 4 and we won the district 🤷🏽‍♂️. Don’t base everything off last season and that’s exactly what they did. 

I have it at 

1. HP

2. Longview 

3. Tyler

4. North 

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West

The only issues I see on the field with TH is the oline. It's a weakness clearly. With that being said, this team has some the best skill players in East Texas period collectively. This will be Holmes best team since '18. Sherman has had our number the last couple seasons, but with the game in Tyler this year, I see us getting them. Either way, TIME will tell. 

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I have it at 

1. HP

2. Longview 

3. Tyler

4. North 

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West

I mean that’s what pre season rankings are for the most part, based off last season. 

We’ll see. I have Highland Park, Longview and North at top 3. Tyler at 4.

Tyler will be improved but how much will be interesting. I don’t trust Holmes not to make some stupid coaching decisions that will cost y’all, and the lack of depth y’all have is still concerning for a 5A team.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean that’s what pre season rankings are for the most part, based off last season. 

Tyler will be improved but how much will be interesting. I don’t trust Holmes not to make some stupid coaching decisions that will cost y’all, and the lack of depth y’all have is still concerning for a 5A team.

Yea that is true Holmes will make you lose a game you have no business losing. Depth has always been an issue for a long time even in 18 it was. Talent wise they should compete with mostly everybody they play but like you said it comes down to Holmes and in the trench’s. But I don’t think it crazy to say they are top 3 in the district on paper. That 5 spot is only because they went off of last year. With holt at QB they are a playoff team. And with having north and Sherman at home Will be why they could get 3 we will have see how the season progresses to see if Tyler can compete with LV and HP. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea that is true Holmes will make you lose a game you have no business losing. Depth has always been an issue for a long time even in 18 it was. Talent wise they should compete with mostly everybody they play but like you said it comes down to Holmes and in the trench’s. But I don’t think it crazy to say they are top 3 in the district on paper. That 5 spot is only because they went off of last year. With holt at QB they are a playoff team. And with having north and Sherman at home Will be why they could get 3 we will have see how the season progresses to see if Tyler can compete with LV and HP. 

Totally agree 

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I have it at 

1. HP

2. Longview 

3. Tyler

4. North 

5. Wylie East

6. Sherman

7. West

A while back....I posted that Tyler High would be much better after I saw Holt at a camp. This was before all of the SQTs. I said that I thought Tyler High was trending up once he transferred in.

QB + skill positions will be effective.

I dont think folks are selling Tyler High short but you have to look at what the other teams in the district have too.

I could see TH finishing 3rd or as low as 5th. I'm not as sold on the defense yet. I'm not seeing the "solid" description @NODAYSOFFTX..  mainly because of the defensive line.

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

A while back....I posted that Tyler High would be much better after I saw Holt at a camp. This was before all of the SQTs. I said that I thought Tyler High was trending up once he transferred in.

QB + skill positions will be effective.

I dont think folks are selling Tyler High short but you have to look at what the other teams in the district have too.

I could see TH finishing 3rd or as low as 5th. I'm not as sold on the defense yet. I'm not seeing the "solid" description @NODAYSOFFTX..  mainly because of the defensive line.

Solid as pertaining to the secondary I think we will have one of the best if not the best collective secondary in the district and with most of the offenses in the district pass heavy outside of Longview it’s gonna be hard to beat us just by passing on us. Ex. McKinney north. Linebackers aren’t to shabby either but I been in agreement about the lines though. But if they can just bend but not break on the dline they will be solid on both sides. 

Outside of HP and LV...nobody in this district deserves any kind of preseason hype.  Honestly, anybody could grab the 3rd and 4th spot.  

I think the Lions will potentially be better next yr.  No doubt there is an upgrade at qb and the skill positions as a whole rank up there with anyone in the district.  However, despite 4 of 5 starters returning on Oline, still not sold on them yet and not sold on def as a whole either...and it has nothing to do with the players. 

No games are won on paper...but HP an LV are pretty much a safe bet to grab two playoff spots.  For everyone else, I'm holding back judgement until I see them on the field. 

by the way, being picked 5th is a good spot for Cujo.  That should give them some motivation to prove everyone wrong. 

• Like 1

Tennessee just offered Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale. That's his 30th offer.

Hale just visited Oklahoma yesterday and had recent visits with A&M, Texas, TCU and Clemson.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:15 PM, ANTI said:

Wylie East 2021 Schedule

8/13 - @ Garland Naaman Forest (scrimmage),  6:30 PM

8/19 - vs Kaufman (scrimmage),  6:30 PM

Week 1  8/26 - vs Mt. Pleasant,  7:30 PM

Week 2  9/3 - vs Irving Nimitz (HC),  7:30 PM

Week 3  9/10 - @ Royse City,  7:30 PM

Week 4  OPEN

Week 5  9/24 - vs Sherman, 7:30 PM

Week 6  10/1 - @ Longview, 7:30 PM

Week 7  10/8 - vs McKinney North, 7:30 PM

Week 8  10/15 - @ Tyler, 7:30 PM

Week 9  10/21 - vs West Mesquite (Senior Night), 7:30 PM

Week 10 10/28 - @ Paris, 7 PM

Week 11  11/5 - @ Highland Park, 7:30 PM

Wylie East will now play Paris Week 10 instead of Week 4.

You don't see non district games in the middle of district play often.

On 6/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, LoboFan07 said:

I think im the only Wylie East supporter on the board. Just watching the offseason, their skill guys are on par with the district and the QB /WR position is a real strength. OL will be a struggle as they only bring back 2 starters from last year but defense is where they should be really improved with 7 starters back, DL James is so improved and is about 250 and 6'6 from what I seen and faster. Also have a transfer from Duncanville at DT about 6'2 285 and can move. Not saying they can win this district but 3rd is not out of sight for them. Just giving my two cents on whats going on in Wylie. 

• Like 1