2 hours ago, RecruitbEastTx said:

The class of '24 for Longview is absolutely LOADED. They're getting valuable playing time now and they're performing at a high level. They're going to be scary going forward. 

LoboFan84 and myself were talking about this last night after the game.

It's loaded, and this experience is going to be absolutely massive next season. I think we know who should start at QB next year, and I don't think it'll be as big of a question mark tbh. But this year, it just feels like we're too young to make a massive mark come post season time, but who knows. They might shock us all.

I do think Bryant was one of the better teams we've played in a while. They were extremely sound in all positions, and rarely made any mistakes (other than holding because they couldn't handle our D line)/.

Just have to keep telling myself that we're so young. They've played 4 football games on the varsity level together, and it's going to come together. They're going to make mistakes regardless, but even more so with how young they are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

LoboFan84 and myself were talking about this last night after the game.

It's loaded, and this experience is going to be absolutely massive next season. I think we know who should start at QB next year, and I don't think it'll be as big of a question mark tbh. But this year, it just feels like we're too young to make a massive mark come post season time, but who knows. They might shock us all.

I do think Bryant was one of the better teams we've played in a while. They were extremely sound in all positions, and rarely made any mistakes (other than holding because they couldn't handle our D line)/.

Just have to keep telling myself that we're so young. They've played 4 football games on the varsity level together, and it's going to come together. They're going to make mistakes regardless, but even more so with how young they are.

Think about the impact the '24 class has had on this team...

Now, rewind back to the 2016 team and think about the impact that special 2019 class had on that team...

I loved that '19 group, but the '24 group are even better.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Think about the impact the '24 class has had on this team...

Now, rewind back to the 2016 team and think about the impact that special 2019 class had on that team...

I loved that '19 group, but the '24 group are even better.

Thank goodness we don’t have to worry about going to Beaumont for round 1!!! 😂😂

• LOL! 2

I have HP and Longview battling it out for the top 2 spots.  I think the 3rd and 4th spot could go to 3 or 4 different teams as there is no clear cut favorite in my mind.  

This week I will go will Longview in a lopsided win.  McNorth finds a way(running the ball) to beat Tyler and Wylie East beats Sherman.

13 hours ago, bingosmith said:

I have HP and Longview battling it out for the top 2 spots.  I think the 3rd and 4th spot could go to 3 or 4 different teams as there is no clear cut favorite in my mind.  

This week I will go will Longview in a lopsided win.  McNorth finds a way(running the ball) to beat Tyler and Wylie East beats Sherman.

McKinney North is going to have stop or outscore Tyler high to do it. North has show something, because they haven't so far. 

5 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

McKinney North is going to have stop or outscore Tyler high to do it. North has show something, because they haven't so far. 

I mean, they’ve played two 6A schools, including one of the top teams in the state in Heath.

They hung with Northwest for a while, was a close game for a half with Marshall. 

If Tyler can slow them down, then yes, it could get ugly. But I think it’ll be a closer game than Tyler fans are expecting right now for sure.

It would definitely be your best win of the season thus far. 

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean, they’ve played two 6A schools, including one of the top teams in the state in Heath.

They hung with Northwest for a while, was a close game for a half with Marshall. 

If Tyler can slow them down, then yes, it could get ugly. But I think it’ll be a closer game than Tyler fans are expecting right now for sure.

It would definitely be your best win of the season thus far. 

We will see Friday. Definitely like our chances Friday. 

2 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

We will see Friday. Definitely like our chances Friday. 

From a talent standpoint, I believe Tyler is ahead of North.  But that hasn't mattered in the past few yrs.  I have no idea how they lost to them last yr.  Love for Cujo to win.   But sticking to my policy of not picking them in any game this yr.  I'm just not convinced they should be favored in any game this yr.    A win this week, would be a big deal in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

From a talent standpoint, I believe Tyler is ahead of North.  But that hasn't mattered in the past few yrs.  I have no idea how they lost to them last yr.  Love for Cujo to win.   But sticking to my policy of not picking them in any game this yr.  I'm just not convinced they should be favored in any game this yr.    A win this week, would be a big deal in my opinion.  

Simple. Tyler high was BAD at the qb position all last year. It's one of the reasons why Tyler high has been terrible on offense. What makes this team head and shoulders above the last 2 iterations is they have a qb and skill players to score. The D isn't on the field as much because of alot less 3 and outs. BTW,  McKinney North should have destroyed Tyler high the last two years,  but struggled both years. Anyway, this is going to tell alot about both teams Friday. 

37 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Simple. Tyler high was BAD at the qb position all last year. It's one of the reasons why Tyler high has been terrible on offense. What makes this team head and shoulders above the last 2 iterations is they have a qb and skill players to score. The D isn't on the field as much because of alot less 3 and outs. BTW,  McKinney North should have destroyed Tyler high the last two years,  but struggled both years. Anyway, this is going to tell alot about both teams Friday. 

Exactly last years tyler team was the worst tyler team since 2007 and north struggled to the end to beat that team. And too think they will beat us with a better qb and more skill players, I just don’t see it. Not saying it can’t happen. But it’s not bad to stay tyler would win convincingly. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Exactly last years tyler team was the worst tyler team since 2007 and north struggled to the end to beat that team. And too think they will beat us with a better qb and more skill players, I just don’t see it. Not saying it can’t happen. But it’s not bad to stay tyler would win convincingly. 

Most point exactly 

1 hour ago, bingosmith said:

Every year Tyler will have better talent but its the mistakes that will determine the outcome.  Penalties,  turnovers, decision making.  Those were the reasons that McNorth won last year.  They will never be able to out athlete Tyler. 

This is the whole argument. As long as Tyler has the right people in place. They should be able to beat most teams

4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

This is the whole argument. As long as Tyler has the right people in place. They should be able to beat most teams

I wouldn't say MOST teams...but they do have enough players where they should finish no less than 3rd in this district most yrs. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, ANTI said:

Thursday 9/23

Longview @ West Mesquite,  7PM

Friday 9/24

McKinney North @ Tyler,  7:30 PM

Sherman @ Wylie East,  7:30 PM

It all starts to count now. Let the fun begin.

So is all the game in district have different starting time, or are all the time same? 

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

For whatever reason, Thursday games in this district have 7 PM kick.

Oh okay. West is the only team in this district that will have to play on the thursday because of the other schools in the city. How many thursday night games with be played in district?

9 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Oh okay. West is the only team in this district that will have to play on the thursday because of the other schools in the city. How many thursday night games with be played in district?

Don't forget about McKinney North and McKinney ISD.

As a matter of fact, Longview plays McKinney North on Thursday too.

McKinney North vs West Mesquite will be a Thursday game.

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Don't forget about McKinney North and McKinney ISD.

As a matter of fact, Longview plays McKinney North on Thursday too.

McKinney North vs West Mesquite will be a Thursday game.

McKinney wouldn’t have that problem if they would use other the stadium in the city.

• Like 1