1. Longview (4-1)(1-0)

2. Sherman (3-2)(1-0)

3.  Tyler (3-2)(1-0)

4.  Highland Park (3-1)(0-0)

5. Wylie East (2-2)(0-1)

6.  West Mesquite (2-3)(0-1)

7.  McKinney North (1-4)(0-1)

Next Week:

West Mesquite @ McKinney North,  7 PM (Thursday)

Wylie East @ Longview,  7:30 PM

Highland Park @ Sherman,  7:30 PM

Tyler - BYE

BIG wins for Tyler and Sherman tonight. 

Right on time for Tyler who goes into the Bye week. Wylie East had chances to get back into the game but Sherman made key stops, not to mention Sherman JR QB Phoenix Grant had himself a game...going 202 through the air and 96 on the ground to go along with 3 TDs. 

1 hour ago, cujo2016 said:

Lobos are balling, and haven’t played their best ball, in other words “they have a lot of up scale” and players everywhere.

West has some big boys on the line offense and defense, and the way like to play press coverage. Tyler High is going to get beat deep. 

45 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

North will beat west probably be high scoring though

West is better at the skill positions and QB.

It'll come down to discipline...because I don't know if McKinney North can move the ball as well as West can.

West has admittedly surprised me this year. I had them at the bottom of this district preseason...when it could be McKinney North. In my defense, I thought North's sophomore class would have a bigger impact on the team than they have and Constantine hasn't been that impressive since Week 1.

Tyler looks like the 3rd seed, which I said could happen once Holt transferred in. 

The 4th looks like a Sherman-West battle....you just have to watch West's discipline and Sherman's consistency. 

I did not like what I saw from Wylie East against Sherman. Losing is one thing but Sherman controlled that entire game.

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

West is better at the skill positions and QB.

It'll come down to discipline...because I don't know if McKinney North can move the ball as well as West can.

West has admittedly surprised me this year. I had them at the bottom of this district preseason...when it could be McKinney North. In my defense, I thought North's sophomore class would have a bigger impact on the team than they have and Constantine hasn't been that impressive since Week 1.

Tyler looks like the 3rd seed, which I said could happen once Holt transferred in. 

The 4th looks like a Sherman-West battle....you just have to watch West's discipline and Sherman's consistency. 

I did not like what I saw from Wylie East against Sherman. Losing is one thing but Sherman controlled that entire game.

Tyler’s defense played lights out last night but the lingering issue is still the corners and Anderson’s horrible scheme, each team has bullied our corners mainly #2 key cause he simply can’t cover a piece of paper in the air. But they refuse to put safeies back to help them no matter how many times they get beat over the top and it’s frustrating 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Agreed on all 3 points.

I said after the WE/MP game, that I thought WE was improved. But man, that's a bad loss against a questionable Sherman team (one who just got absolutely embarrassed at home against McKinney).

Sherman/West for the 4th spot, and I still think Sherman will escape with that W.

Tyler is definitely the 3rd best team in this district, if they just don't get upset somewhere along the way.

District stat leaders after the 1st week of district play:

Passing

JR QB Jordan Allen (Longview) 10-13, 245 passing yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

JR QB Phoenix Grant (Sherman) 18-31, 202 passing yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT

SR QB Eli Holt (Tyler) 14-29, 180 passing yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

JR QB Craig Dale (West Mesquite) 11-23, 156 passing yards, 3 TDs, 3 INT

JR QB Gavin Constantine (McKinney North) 9-28, 159 passing yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs

JR QB Jaedon Hubbard (Wylie East) 5-12, 57 passing yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

Rushing (Top 4)

SR RB Jarrett Lewis (Longview) 20 carries, 195 yards, 3 TDs

JR ATH TJ Washington (Wylie East) 13 carries, 161 yards, 1 TD

JR RB Caleb Thompson (Sherman) 20 carries, 129 yards, 2 TDs

SR RB Jadan Smith (McKinney North) 27 carries, 125 yards, 1 TD

Receiving (Top 5)

JR WR Jalen Hale (Longview) 4 catches, 148 yards, 3 TDs

JR WR Aries Jones (Sherman) 9 catches, 90 yards, 1 TD

SR WR TJ Turner (West Mesquite) 6 catches, 89 yards, 2 TDs

JR WR Korbin Hendrix (McKinney North) 4 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD

JR Montrell Wade (Tyler) 3 catches, 72 yards, 1 TD

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Tyler’s defense played lights out last night but the lingering issue is still the corners and Anderson’s horrible scheme, each team has bullied our corners mainly #2 key cause he simply can’t cover a piece of paper in the air. But they refuse to put safeies back to help them no matter how many times they get beat over the top and it’s frustrating 

If you’re going to play man you might as well play at 10-1.

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Right now I give Sherman the edge over West for 4th because Sherman plays West at home...Sherman IMO is 7-10 points better at home

I give Sherman the edge at the QB position...when Grant is in that mode...he is a problem.

I can't lie though, you never know what you'll get from Sherman weekly.

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Which is funny because they are probably about to be 0-3 at home and 3-0 on the road

The weirdest thing about their schedule early....although the 3 home opponents are significantly better than the 3 away opponents haha

I still give McNorth the 4th spot.  They lost to Tyler in Tyler by 17 but if you wanted to dissect the game it could tell a different story.  McNorth dropped 2 TD passes in the end zone,  gave up a big play on the KO where there was a missed call for a block in the back and then Tyler scores a late TD because McNorth went for it late in the game down 10 on their side of the field.  THIS IS NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM TYLER.  I am just saying if Tyler is the 3rd team in the district then McNorth still has a shot and I think they can beat WM, WE and Sherman.  Thursday is very important for McNorth and WM. 

21 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

I still give McNorth the 4th spot.  They lost to Tyler in Tyler by 17 but if you wanted to dissect the game it could tell a different story.  McNorth dropped 2 TD passes in the end zone,  gave up a big play on the KO where there was a missed call for a block in the back and then Tyler scores a late TD because McNorth went for it late in the game down 10 on their side of the field.  THIS IS NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM TYLER.  I am just saying if Tyler is the 3rd team in the district then McNorth still has a shot and I think they can beat WM, WE and Sherman.  Thursday is very important for McNorth and WM. 

The same could be said about how Tyler high played and all chances that they missed.