Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longview vs Denton Ryan moved to Saturday, August 28th at 2 PM at the Star in Frisco.

Longview 4x200, which features Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale, qualifies for state with a 2nd place finish at regionals. Longview in good position to bring a track state title home if the right thin

Teams like Sherman and Wylie East actually start two a days on Monday. All 9th graders statewide start practice Monday as well. Football is among us.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Penn State is the 28th offer for Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale.

Also reveived #29 today from Utah.

Makes him the highest recruited Lobo probably ever. And still has 2 years to go.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Also reveived #29 today from Utah.

Makes him the highest recruited Lobo probably ever. And still has 2 years to go.

I think it's a good bet he is. Only other player, maybe, is Taylor. But I just can't imagine in that era, holding 29 offers.

And to think he's just a sophomore currently.

Pleaseeeee let us have a capable QB this fall.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think it's a good bet he is. Only other player, maybe, is Taylor. But I just can't imagine in that era, holding 29 offers.

And to think he's just a sophomore currently.

Pleaseeeee let us have a capable QB this fall.

Its like watching the lotto drawing and praying you have the winning ticket. 

I have to be honest though....I now have some concerns about the O-line with Cox leaving football.  I also have heard 2-3 other talented players have stepped away from football.  @WP4L how much affect is this going to have on the team?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think it's a good bet he is. Only other player, maybe, is Taylor. But I just can't imagine in that era, holding 29 offers.

And to think he's just a sophomore currently.

Pleaseeeee let us have a capable QB this fall.

Recruiting was so much different back then. They're handle out offers before a kid even reaches HS....I believe the first offered player in our district was Montrell Wade at Tyler High...who received his first offer before he touched a HS football. And its hard to really know how many offers said player had at that time for a variety of reasons....but I remember it being mentioned in an article years back that Taylor had around 16 offers at the time that he left LHS. I believe other great 90s safeties like Daydrian Taylor and Lee Jackson may have been slightly more recruited.

Either way, its hard to imagine anybody having 30+ offers which is what Jalen Hale will leave LHS with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Its like watching the lotto drawing and praying you have the winning ticket. 

I have to be honest though....I now have some concerns about the O-line with Cox leaving football.  I also have heard 2-3 other talented players have stepped away from football.  @WP4L how much affect is this going to have on the team?

The only players of notoriety that I know left are Grant (QB room too crowded + baseball) and Cox (baseball).

I think having Cox is better than not having Cox, but I'm not losing much sleep over it. Vaughn still returns at LT, who struggled earlier in the year, but by the time we got to Denton Ryan week, I thought he was our best OL. Bush back at guard and Jax Norman back at RT after starting there last year as a sophomore. 3/5 returning is a pretty good starting point in terms of experience....now we just have to replace 2 interior positions. 

1 of those positions will no doubt go to Blair Williams who backed up the LG position as a sophomore in '20 up until he got injured against Tyler High. Williams has D1 written all over him, goes about 6'1/6'2 324 now. 

So, losing Cox is an eye brow raiser for sure...but experience remains with reinforcements on the way. Cox absence may open up even more size for that last slot depending on who gets it, such Clodfelter (6'3 280) who was a JV stud.

Just FYI, Ryan returns 3/5 on the OL and HP returns 1/5.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RecruitbEastTx said:

How is the battle for Qb1 going for the Lobos now that Grant has went to strictly baseball? Any updates? 

Well, still in the first week of spring ball. Too early to tell, but Jordan Allen is QB1. Josh Thomas will have to take it.

Josh Thomas getting majority of the reps at the moment with Jordan Allen busy with baseball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview 4×100 just finished 1st at the regional track meet today, advancing to state with a time of 41.9...beating out Lancaster.

Features Longview 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor who will also run the 100m.

McKinney North finished 5th and West Mesquite finished 7th.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor finishes 2nd in the 100m with a 10.61 time, qualifies for state.

Tyler High 2024 ATH Derrick McFall ran his fastest time in the 100m all year, a 10.91, but that was good enough for 4th place....slightly missing state. 

Highland Park 2023 WR Grayson Schrank finished 7th with an 11.05.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Longview 4x200, which features Longview 2023 WR Jalen Hale, qualifies for state with a 2nd place finish at regionals.

Longview in good position to bring a track state title home if the right things occur.

The girls are sending several to state as well.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, ANTI said:

Well, still in the first week of spring ball. Too early to tell, but Jordan Allen is QB1. Josh Thomas will have to take it.

Josh Thomas getting majority of the reps at the moment with Jordan Allen busy with baseball. 

Will have no problem taking it with what I seen at the elite 11 camp. Longview will have a gun slinger for sure.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Will have no problem taking it with what I seen at the elite 11 camp. Longview will have a gun slinger for sure.

He's still working on that footwork from under center but you're right. His arm and mechanics are pretty good. I like him a little more than Allen but Allen has also grown a lot since last year and has been doing well at camps too...so we'll see.

Whoever gets it will get the luxury of tossing the rock to the best group of WRs that I've seen come through the den. Its more than Jalen Hale.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dagreatflyatx said:

TJ Washington was at the ESPN underclassmen camp and from videos sent to me he’s gonna be dangerous throwing and running this year 

 

IMG_0939.mov IMG_0938.mov

Longview 2024 OL Tavion Morgan was also at ESPN NUC this weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wylie East 2023 QB TJ Washington and 2023 A&M commit DE Anthony James were at A&Ms spring game Saturday.

Little off topic but former Lobo QB Haynes King (a redshirt freshman) will be QB1 for the Aggies.

Coach King, Haynes King and former Lobo Trent Williams, highest paid OL in the league, pictured below.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dagreatflyatx said:

TJ Washington was at the ESPN underclassmen camp and from videos sent to me he’s gonna be dangerous throwing and running this year 

 

IMG_0939.mov IMG_0938.mov

Wylie East will be the most improved team in the district IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 6:05 PM, ANTI said:

I think having Cox is better than not having Cox, but I'm not losing much sleep over it. Vaughn still returns at LT, who struggled earlier in the year, but by the time we got to Denton Ryan week, I thought he was our best OL. Bush back at guard and Jax Norman back at RT after starting there last year as a sophomore. 3/5 returning is a pretty good starting point in terms of experience....now we just have to replace 2 interior positions. 

1 of those positions will no doubt go to Blair Williams who backed up the LG position as a sophomore in '20 up until he got injured against Tyler High. Williams has D1 written all over him, goes about 6'1/6'2 324 now. 

So, losing Cox is an eye brow raiser for sure...but experience remains with reinforcements on the way. Cox absence may open up even more size for that last slot depending on who gets it, such Clodfelter (6'3 280) who was a JV stud.

If the o-line is our main concern going into the season, we're in great shape. That's all I'll say. 

And yes, I'm also eager to see Clodhopper on the varsity level.  ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LOL said:

If the o-line is our main concern going into the season, we're in great shape. That's all I'll say. 

And yes, I'm also eager to see Clodhopper on the varsity level.  ;) 

Yep. And I have a correction to make regarding that post..

@kingwolf Vaughn has been transformed from LT to TE and could also play some DE. That's a huge move. 6'3 235-240 TE to pair with Victor Bush. JJ Rougley (6'2.5 215) will be on defense but will also serve as TE3 in 23 personnel sets. That's a nasty 3 TE system....staff is clearly giving these QBs as many targets as possible. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Wylie East 2023 QB TJ Washington and 2023 A&M commit DE Anthony James were at A&Ms spring game Saturday.

Little off topic but former Lobo QB Haynes King (a redshirt freshman) will be QB1 for the Aggies.

Coach King, Haynes King and former Lobo Trent Williams, highest paid OL in the league, pictured below.

 

Hk about as tall as Trent 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ANTI said:

staff is clearly giving these QBs as many targets as possible. 

Literally the only position I am nervous about. Yes I know the secondary has questions and the kicking game has questions, but man. Our offense will have so many weapons this fall, IF we just have a QB to get our players the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if anyone posted this but huge loss for Denton Ryan....

From the DMN

Keithian “Bear” Alexander, a four-star defensive lineman and a Georgia pledge, confirmed to The Dallas Morning News Wednesday that he’s transferred from Denton Ryan to Fort Worth Brewer.

Brewer will be Alexander’s fourth high school. He told The News that his father accepted a coaching position at the school.

“One last walk [on] the field with my Dad,” he said in a direct message.

Brewer, coached by former DeSoto coach Todd Peterman, went 4-6 a year ago.

Alexander started his playing career at Terrell. He quickly emerged as a player to watch in the class of 2022, earning District 8-5A defensive newcomer of the year honors. He then transferred to Skyline, but the respective district executive committee ruled that he transferred for athletic purposes, making him ineligible and unable to play his sophomore season.

Alexander then transferred to Denton Ryan. He was ruled eligible to play for Ryan in early November. He provided a boost for an-already loaded Denton Ryan defense, helping the Raiders win the 5A state championship.

“Bear was a great player when he got here, and I think he’s an even better player now. He’s valuable, and he’s one of many players who helped us get to that state championship,” Denton Ryan head coach Dave Henigan told Steve Gamel of The Denton Record-Chronicle. “He has some family things that have caused him to move, and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward and nothing but luck as he continues on into the end of his high school career.”

Alexander, a 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect, is rated as the 38th overall prospect in the country, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.


https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...in-four-years/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I am not sure if anyone posted this but huge loss for Denton Ryan....

From the DMN

Keithian “Bear” Alexander, a four-star defensive lineman and a Georgia pledge, confirmed to The Dallas Morning News Wednesday that he’s transferred from Denton Ryan to Fort Worth Brewer.

Brewer will be Alexander’s fourth high school. He told The News that his father accepted a coaching position at the school.

“One last walk [on] the field with my Dad,” he said in a direct message.

Brewer, coached by former DeSoto coach Todd Peterman, went 4-6 a year ago.

Alexander started his playing career at Terrell. He quickly emerged as a player to watch in the class of 2022, earning District 8-5A defensive newcomer of the year honors. He then transferred to Skyline, but the respective district executive committee ruled that he transferred for athletic purposes, making him ineligible and unable to play his sophomore season.

Alexander then transferred to Denton Ryan. He was ruled eligible to play for Ryan in early November. He provided a boost for an-already loaded Denton Ryan defense, helping the Raiders win the 5A state championship.

“Bear was a great player when he got here, and I think he’s an even better player now. He’s valuable, and he’s one of many players who helped us get to that state championship,” Denton Ryan head coach Dave Henigan told Steve Gamel of The Denton Record-Chronicle. “He has some family things that have caused him to move, and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward and nothing but luck as he continues on into the end of his high school career.”

Alexander, a 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect, is rated as the 38th overall prospect in the country, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.


https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...in-four-years/

We may have a better shot at winning week one now I hear they also lost coaches on the defense side as well. I call we go 2-1 vs the early top three teams we play, that one loss coming to either ryan or hp. We will beat Bryant,ark ,No way we let a out of state team come to our house and win. But if we do win week one with this young team I can see us winning all three 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...