25 minutes ago, LOL said:

Wait...  Taylor is 2024?!

Jesus.

Yep. '24 is loaaaded. 

It's actually more deep than the SR class that won it all in 2018 IMO.

'25 RB Kelvin Washington coming up from Judson this fall....Longview's backfield is going to be absolutely deadly in the near future.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yep. '24 is loaaaded. 

It's actually more deep than the SR class that won it all in 2018 IMO.

'25 RB Kelvin Washington coming up from Judson this fall....Longview's backfield is going to be absolutely deadly in the near future.

I guess I was so focused on Kaden and Markevion that I didn't really think about just how young the young RBs were. 

Holy smokes...  these kids are only gonna get faster and stronger. And if the Tutt kid develops like we all think he will...

Maaaaan. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LOL said:

I guess I was so focused on Kaden and Markevion that I didn't really think about just how young the young RBs were. 

Holy smokes...  these kids are only gonna get faster and stronger. And if the Tutt kid develops like we all think he will...

Maaaaan. 

fun times ahead for us lobo fans

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LOL said:

Maaaaan. 

I'm a broken record at this point but I don't care....I love talking about the future.

The '24 class is loaded. QB, backfield, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB Secondary....there isn't a single weakness in that group. High end talent on both sides of the ball. They beat their opponents by an average of 42 points this past year as freshmen. That includes a 57-0 win over a good Highland Park group.

'24 just became stronger too if that was possible. They just added 6'1 '24 DE Xaryus Sheppard who looks like a star in the making. Played varsity ball as a freshman and I think he was all district. His dad is a Lobo great, nearly played for the Green Bay Packers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I'm a broken record at this point but I don't care....I love talking about the future.

The '24 class is loaded. QB, backfield, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB Secondary....there isn't a single weakness in that group. High end talent on both sides of the ball. They beat their opponents by an average of 42 points this past year as freshmen. That includes a 57-0 win over a good Highland Park group.

'24 just became stronger too if that was possible. They just added 6'1 '24 DE Xaryus Sheppard who looks like a star in the making. Played varsity ball as a freshman and I think he was all district. His dad is a Lobo great, nearly played for the Green Bay Packers.

Don't stop. I love talking about the future. It's exciting. You're the rule, not the exception. Guys like you (and LoboFan, etc.) just do better research than most. In fact, I think it's precisely this kind of attitude that plays a part in Longview's consistent success. This culture of expectation, even in the young athletes. Especially in the young athletes... 

I've got a son in grade school right now. Big for his age, ornery. Loves to compete. When I watch him and his peers interact, they're like a bunch of puppies. Scrapping and biting. Roasting and trash-talking and trying to out-do each other in everything. Who's the strongest, fastest, and toughest. Who can get to the water fountain first. Who eats the most tater tots. Vying for dominance.

During recess and P.E. at Hudson Elementary, they're already setting depth charts. So-and-so is the best QB, So-and-so is the best RB, So-and-so is the best WR. Etc. My son gets in trouble because he refuses to count "five Mississippi" before he rushes. Punk.

These are 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders walking the halls of our campuses who can't wait to be Lobos. Sweet, baby-faced steely-eyed killers

Yeah sure, they might be Ned E. Williams "Mustangs," or Ware "Wildcats," but they already got the dog in 'em

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WolverBean said:

Still needs to end either team really get anything out of the game anymore to lopsided 

I don't disagree, but I doubt the series is ever going to end. 

43 minutes ago, LOL said:

I don't disagree, but I doubt the series is ever going to end. 

$$$

Game may be lopsided as heck every year....but folks love coming to see it from some reason.

Not I. I went to maybe 2 Longview-Marshall games that last decade....zero in Marshall.

Well, I did go watch our freshmen play Marshall in Marshall this past year but that doesnt count.

• Like 1

A week after a not so good showing at Tyler SQT, Tyler High qualified for state today at the Keller Fossil Ridge SQT.

They join Wylie East as the only two teams in the district to qualify for state this year.

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

A week after a not so good showing at Tyler SQT, Tyler High qualified for state today at the Keller Fossil Ridge SQT.

They join Wylie East as the only two teams in the district to qualify for state this year.

Tyler High didn't have a bad showing last weekend,  but just a bad game against Wylie East. Tyler high hasn't lost a game since. GREAT JOB BY TYLER HIGH 👏🏿! ON TO STATE🦁🦁🦁