15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Heck, I'm still of the opinion that our '24 QB Tutt has a bit more to offer than Allen.

Facts.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Allen is a great guy, and I'm not trying to come down on him hard at all.

But if there's a difference in being another 3rd round out and potentially challenging for State this season....the QB difference is it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

But if there's a difference in being another 3rd round out and potentially challenging for State this season....the QB difference is it.

Exactly. Perfectly stated.

You can definitely win games with a guy like Allen, but a guy like Thomas gives you a better chance at beating the Ryan's and HP's of the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Exactly. Perfectly stated.

You can definitely win games with a guy like Allen, but a guy like Thomas gives you a better chance at beating the Ryan's and HP's of the world.

Wow, so Thomas is a state championship caliber QB? Like Haynes king level?, if you put a lot of stock in this kid I would hope it pans out for y’all. I trust y’all judgments 

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Wow, so Thomas is a state championship caliber QB? Like Haynes king level?, if you put a lot of stock in this kid I would hope it pans out for y’all. I trust y’all judgments 

All I said was he was a low FBS/FCS caliber QB, a game changer that gives us a better shot at beating the Ryan's and HP's. 

Never said he was Haynes. lol but he doesn't have to be with what all is around him. 

We'll go with a more athletic Bivins Caraway if you're looking for a former Lobo comp.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ANTI said:

All I said was he was a low FBS/FCS caliber QB, a game changer that gives us a better shot at beating the Ryan's and HP's. 

Never said he was Haynes. lol but he doesn't have to be with what all is around him. 

We'll go with a more athletic Bivins Caraway if you're looking for a former Lobo comp.

So do you think he will play at all this season or should he just transfer out? 

28 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

So do you think he will play at all this season or should he just transfer out? 

He'll be the starter by the end of the year, I bet. It's just like with Haynes back in 2017, we'll end up suffering some awful loss that doesn't need to happen before we realize it should've been that way the whole year.

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

He'll be the starter by the end of the year, I bet. It's just like with Haynes back in 2017, we'll end up suffering some awful loss that doesn't need to happen before we realize it should've been that way the whole year.

When that happens, I hope we have enough time to diversify the offense enough with Thomas' talent.  If we have time to do that, I honestly like our chances against any team in the state including DR.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

My money says this awful loss comes as early as Week 1 vs Ryan but no later than Week 4 vs Bryant. Legacy is sneaky good this year.

I hate the thought of a QB rotation during that Ryan game. Not a good idea but we all know its gonna happen.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

My money says this awful loss comes as early as Week 1 vs Ryan but no later than Week 4 vs Bryant. Legacy is sneaky good this year.

I hate the thought of a QB rotation during that Ryan game. Not a good idea but we all know its gonna happen.

Since losing games in the preseason doesn’t mean as much as it is use to. Teams can go 0-4 and this win state most coaches will take that. 

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

Since losing games in the preseason doesn’t mean as much as it is use to. Teams can go 0-4 and this win state most coaches will take that. 

True Tyler starting 0-3 back in 2011 and made it all the way to state semifinals, even 2018 Tyler started the season with 66-0 loss to cedar hill and then went on to win district and go 4 rounds deep. 

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

True Tyler starting 0-3 back in 2011 and made it all the way to state semifinals, even 2018 Tyler started the season with 66-0 loss to cedar hill and then went on to win district and go 4 rounds deep. 

2010 and 2017 Longview.

Went to the semis, should've played for state titles and suffered losses early. 

2010 started 2-3, but that was also a very tough non district schedule...cracking in the amount of starters that we did. 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

2010 started 2-3, but that was also a very tough non district schedule...cracking in the amount of starters that we did. 

2010 started 1-3 even.
- 14 pt loss to #9 John Tyler
- 4 pt loss at #5 Allen (touchdown with 20 seconds left gave the Eagles the win)
- 7 pt loss at #10 Lufkin (Lobos stuffed a the 4 yard line in the final 30 seconds to fall)

Heartbreaking stuff, only to follow it up with an unreal come from behind win over #6 Abilene, the defending state champions at the time, in overtime.

Still though, the win at #7 DeSoto really spring boarded that playoff run. Still the worst playoff loss in Longview history imo. My devastating at the very least.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yup. Too many times there has been teams that are go 10-0 and in regular season and lose in the first round of the playoffs 

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

Teams like Sherman and Wylie East actually start two a days on Monday.

All 9th graders statewide start practice Monday as well.

Football is among us.

wow. that soon. 

It looks like Cujo will have Fresh/JV/Varsity this yr.

I also heard Freshman class is very large. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:41 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Us having a freshman team??!! Whaaa??!! Lol. Nah I’m glad but I wonder how many will actually stay? 

I think with the new facilities in place and some other things, there could be some better retention in the program.