9 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Well Sh*t 😂😂 🚮

The 9th Longview group is another good one, particularly in the defensive front 7.

They have a pair of LBs in that group that have a pretty good chance of playing D1 ball one day;  Kason Brooks and Brenden Reese. Both Foster MS products...and both are big, aggressive and fast.

Brooks dad started at LB on Longview's 97 and 98 teams. His older brother, Kaden Brooks is a JR that will start on varsity at LB for Longview this year and next.

• Like 1

got a chance to check out 9th grade scrimmage. Only did a controlled scrimmage. I believe it was 3-2 Tyler.  Looks like it was only 9th grade A-teams because both only had like 30-35 players.  Marshall QB #5 is really quick and fast. Drummer for Tyler is really good. He will be a varsity next yr. Wouldn't shocked me if he moves up this yr.  I don't think this group is as good as Wade group from a couple yrs ago, but they will be ok. Got some good kids to work with and a good group of kids on O-line. #75 hurt a couple kids from pancakes. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

got a chance to check out 9th grade scrimmage. Only did a controlled scrimmage. I believe it was 3-2 Tyler.  Looks like it was only 9th grade A-teams because both only had like 30-35 players.  Marshall QB #5 is really quick and fast. Drummer for Tyler is really good. He will be a varsity next yr. Wouldn't shocked me if he moves up this yr.  I don't think this group is as good as Wade group from a couple yrs ago, but they will be ok. Got some good kids to work with and a good group of kids on O-line. #75 hurt a couple kids from pancakes. 

Sounds like Tyler High has the better 9th group in Tyler this time around.

How did the MS do in Tyler last year? I know Boulter was the best but were any South Tyler MS any good?

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Sounds like Tyler High has the better 9th group in Tyler this time around.

How did the MS do in Tyler last year? I know Boulter was the best but were any South Tyler MS any good?

its a better group by default. Last season, the best 10 or so freshman were spread between JV and Varsity...and that was before they combined the Freshman and JV teams  You know at that level, 4 or 5 guys can make a huge difference.   This is a good group. They have some good players and the Oline has good upside. Drummer is really good. If the varsity didn't have so many solid young skill players, he would be up there. 

Hubbard was ok last yr, but Boulter was the best team  That was it from TISD.  Boulter had the best 7th grade group too. 

Scrimmages this week for the district:
Friday: Highland Park vs Plano East
Friday: Longview at Texas High
Friday: McKinney North vs Frisco
Thursday: Sherman vs Dallas Princeton
Friday: Tyler vs DeSoto
Thursday: West Mesquite vs Irving MacArthur
Thursday: Wylie East vs Kaufman

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The only one that i see on here that is not going to help them much is west vs MacArthur

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

The Sherman one is against Princeton, not Dallas Pinkston

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yo...  Tweet that, so I can re-Tweet it.    ;) 

15 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

The Sherman one is against Princeton, not Dallas Pinkston

Yep, not sure why I typed Pinkston.

Edit: Just went back and checked, but I already had Dallas Princeton on there lol

Edited by LoboFan07

Longview now has 2 players ranked not only in the national top 100, but #1 at their respective positions in the state.

Jalen Hale is known in the 2023 class.

247 just released their national top 100 for the 2024 class. Longview RB Taylor Tatum now has a 4 star rating, ranked #76 overall in the nation, # 1 ATH in TX and #1 RB in TX.

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Tatum is next up in the Longview backfield and already holds one offer from Washington.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Longview now has 2 players ranked not only in the national top 100, but #1 at their respective positions in the state.

247 just released their national top 100 for the 2024 class. Longview RB Taylor Tatum now has a 4 star rating, ranked #76 overall in the nation, # 1 ATH in TX and #1 RB in TX.

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Tatum is next up in the Longview backfield and already holds one offer from Washington.

Got 8 tickets for next Sat, ready to see that rematch!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

Wow not even played a down as sophmore yet , not surprised tho from what saw last year as freshman knew gonna be special rb

On 8/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Planning on heading up to Sherman tonight. If not Sherman, then will head to Wylie.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1