24 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's #17.

Man, the youth coming up in Longview currently are very, very talented.

Hale is only a piece of the entire puzzle, 2023 thru 2025 classes have some straight ballers coming up.

Now if we can just straighten out the QB position for the next couple of years.

• Thanks 1

Some scheduling news...

Word on the street is... Longview is playing 7A Bryant, Arkansas in 2021. 

Bryant has been a nationally top 100 team the past several years...have won the past 3 7A state championships in Arkansas. 

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

Some scheduling news...

Word on the street is... Longview is playing 7A Bryant, Arkansas in 2021. 

Bryant has been a nationally top 100 team the past several years...have won the past 3 7A state championships in Arkansas. 

National HS message board has the game at Longview, for what it's worth. No date associated with it though. As we know, we're looking for Week 1 and Week 4 right now. It looks like last season Arkansas started the same week as we normally would, so maybe that's our opening game?

Bryant defeated Trinity Christian last season, the team with Deion Sanders' kid on it, 44-40.

Their last loss came in 2019 to North Little Rock (34-28), according to Maxpreps. Which was 30 games ago.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

National HS message board has the game at Longview, for what it's worth. No date associated with it though. As we know, we're looking for Week 1 and Week 4 right now. It looks like last season Arkansas started the same week as we normally would, so maybe that's our opening game?

It'd almost have to be the opener since they're in an 8 team district.

• Like 1

There are some good 2024 RBs in this district that'll be contributing to varsity backfields in 2021.

Taylor Tatum (5'11 190) and Willie Nelson (5'9 165) at Longview, Derrick McFall (5'11 175) at Tyler High, Kasen McCoy (5'8 170) at West Mesquite, and Taylor Offord (5'9.5 165) at McKinney North will all be starting/contributing to their respective backfields this fall (except maybe Willie Nelson who may be a varsity safety instead). All (except Nelson) saw varsity carries in 2020 as freshmen.

And here's another one, 2024 Sherman RB Kevon Cox (5'7 170).

Transfer season has been pretty busy this year.

Two big QB transfers in this district that I havent had the time to announce...and it has made the district race a little more interesting.

2022 QB Eli Holt (6'3 185) transfers to Tyler High. 1700+ yards and 16TDs in 8 game starts last season. This is a team that already had nice WRs, nice RBs and a promising OL. This is a huge break for the CUJO program.

Meanwhile, 2022 QB Josh Thomas (6'1.5 195) transfers to Longview. QBHitList, my personal favorite QB evaluation source, ranks Thomas as the #4 Dual Threat 2022 QB in TX. He recently recieved an Elite11 regionals invite. His brother is currently playing D1 ball as a DB. He's been pretty busy with select 7v7 this offseason:

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Transfer season has been pretty busy this year.

Two big QB transfers in this district that I havent had the time to announce...and it has made the district race a little more interesting.

2022 QB Eli Holt (6'3 185) transfers to Tyler High. 1700+ yards and 16TDs in 8 game starts last season. This is a team that already had nice WRs, nice RBs and a promising OL. This is a huge break for the CUJO program.

Meanwhile, 2022 QB Josh Thomas (6'1.5 195) transfers to Longview. QBHitList, my personal favorite QB evaluation source, ranks Thomas as the #4 Dual Threat 2022 QB in TX. He recently recieved an Elite11 regionals invite. His brother is currently playing D1 ball as a DB. He's been pretty busy with select 7v7 this offseason:

crowded QB situation at LV. I guess thats a great thing to have.  Bold move for this kid to transfer there...unless he really thinks he can beat them out. The kid that played QB against Tyler Fresh/JV team was pretty good. Not sure what grade he was in.

Learned of the Tyler transfer several weeks ago. With the way kids hop around these days, hope he stays. Looks to be an improvement at the position. Got several good WRs to throw to, plus Mcfall has the chance to be as good as Kitan Crawford.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

The kid that played QB against Tyler Fresh/JV team was pretty good. Not sure what grade he was in.

Tutt was a freshman this past season.

Obviously a huge transfer for us, as I really believe we were just a QB away last season. But I still believe Tutt will be the future (even if we doesn't get the full reigns this upcoming season with this move).

Personally don't think Allen or Grant are the answers, so at this point, I would go with Thomas and Tutt going forward.

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

crowded QB situation at LV. I guess thats a great thing to have.  Bold move for this kid to transfer there...unless he really thinks he can beat them out. The kid that played QB against Tyler Fresh/JV team was pretty good. Not sure what grade he was in.

Learned of the Tyler transfer several weeks ago. With the way kids hop around these days, hope he stays. Looks to be an improvement at the position. Got several good WRs to throw to, plus Mcfall has the chance to be as good as Kitan Crawford.

Well, 4 capable QBs on the roster....its a great thing in terms of depth. 

But you know what they say, if you have more than one QB...you have zero. It'll be very important that the staff decides on one QB by the end of spring and not a minute after.

The QB you're talking about is Andrew Tutt, who's apart of that stacked 2024 class. The highest ceiling of these 4 QBs.

Holt is interesting. He wont be a Greg Ward or Bryson Smith but could be at least a Geo.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 2:19 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Personally don't think Allen or Grant are the answers, so at this point, I would go with Thomas and Tutt going forward.

I feel bad for Grant.

He has all the tools to be a D1 QB. The arm, the mechanics, the size at 6'3 200+...his pops was a great Lobo...we sorta forget how good of a QB he is because of Allen jumping him a bit unexpectedly (almost exclusively because he knew the system better).

Bright side is....he's definitely D1 caliber on the baseball field.

Speaking of that.. Grant, Allen and Tutt are all on the varsity baseball team. 

That means Thomas could probably benefit most in the spring because those three could be more busy with baseball.

Whoever wins out will sure have plenty of toys to play with out wide. Amarian Hamilton (JR), Dekalon Taylor (SR)....the two JR towers on the outside Jalen Hale (6'3.5 180) and JT Wright (6'4 190)....

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Personally don't think Allen or Grant are the answers... 

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

Bright side is....he's definitely D1 caliber on the baseball field.

I'm not ready to pass on Allen or Grant. I think they can both still improve and develop. I also like the competition, and the fact they're in the same class means that "seniority" isn't a factor, though Allen certainly has the edge in the system. 

However, I also feel like this season *must* be a breakout season for one of them. Someone has to take their game to the next level and assert himself as the alpha dog. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well, 4 capable QBs on the roster....its a great thing in terms of depth. 

But you know what they say, if you have more than one QB...you have zero. It'll be very important that the staff decides on one QB by the end of spring and not a minute after.

The QB you're talking about is Andrew Tutt, who's apart of that stacked 2024 class. The highest ceiling of these 4 QBs.

Holt is interesting. He wont be a Greg Ward or Bryson Smith but could be at least a Geo.

its an interesting situation at LV. I rather have too many qbs than none at all. 

If the Holt kid is as good as Geo, they can win some games. Hope he sticks around. 

• Like 1

Denton Ryan has won 59 straight regular season games. Not to mention, the defending state champs.

Bryant has won 33 overall games in a row. 

I haven’t been this excited about two regular season games in years.

• Like 1