9 Ways PedoJoe Has Already Broken His Promise on Unity

RETIREDFAN1

8 hours ago, ctown81 said:

So if you have never been a victim of racism, why are your views so strong against the ones who say it exists? 

As for entertainers and athletes, white america has NEVER had an issue being entertained by blacks. They couldn't stay in the same hotels back in the day but they can sing dance for them all night. I think you see my point there.

Black on black, numbers don't lie but white on white is pretty high too. People commit crimes against who they are around.  To be honest, i'm more likely to be a victim of racism than killed by a black person. I'm talking about racism. Feel free to start a thread about black on black. HEck i'll come over and join but I rather in this interaction we stay on topic.  

Well, there was that time I went to the employment office looking on their computer for a job, & lo & behold, there was a job that I had all of the qualifications, Plus Experience Doing That Exact type of job, yet when I printed it off & took it to the lady at the desk, That was when she “regretted to inform me that that particular job was being filled through “Affirmative Action” & that only a Minority Female could be hired to fill that position”... An Unskilled Minority Female, no less; so I suppose I might have been discriminated against in that instance...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yes, I also pointed out some problems with those statistics we were looking at. Like it didn’t account for multiple offenses (reoccurring) or courtroom behavior/antics. If I’m remember correctly. Again, it is an issue, but it doesn’t classify as systemic racism to me. 

This was the article I showed you

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/demographic-differences-sentencing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ctown81 said:

It's not a left field. I was using store for context. Also you have never heard me say that racism was one way ever.

The liberal mindset is that racism is a one way street ... they are never willing to call out racism unless it's against white people ... and yes, you are living in the past ....

32 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The liberal mindset is that racism is a one way street ... they are never willing to call out racism unless it's against white people ... and yes, you are living in the past ....

Because I acknowledge history has an effect on today? Yeah let's agree to disagree

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Because I acknowledge history has an effect on today? Yeah let's agree to disagree

See what I'm talking about? Racial history is real, we should acknowledge it and learn from it.  Your refusal to even acknowledge the fact that there is racism on both sides says a lot ....

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

See what I'm talking about? Racial history is real, we should acknowledge it and learn from it.  Your refusal to even acknowledge the fact that there is racism on both sides says a lot ....

There is racism on both sides and I believe he's said that somewhere already

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Dude what are you talking about? I did not even know you asked me that question. I've never said that it didn't happen on both sides because it does which I have stated. Now you're just being senile. this is why I say let's agree to disagree which means we shouldn't be having this conversation right now.

20 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Seems like your generation talks about it more than theirs. Although they experience more than you have. 

I'm not going to assume so I'm going to ask how would you know? How many black  baby boomers and do you interact or speak with ? 

10 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I'm not going to assume so I'm going to ask how would you know? How many black  baby boomers and do you interact or speak with ? 

Less than my own generation, but it’s never an issue of topic like it is with my own generation. If it’s ever brought up with older generations I speak with, it’s because I brought it up. Do you not agree with the previous statement?

15 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Less than my own generation, but it’s never an issue of topic like it is with my own generation. If it’s ever brought up with older generations I speak with, it’s because I brought it up. Do you not agree with the previous statement?

I do not. I hear the older black generation talk about it all the time. About it for a second, how likely are you going to hear this conversation with the white baby boomers? hate to say it they are the villains in the story so of course you not going to hear it from them. Also the younger white generation won't speak on it because a lot of them would have to acknowledge that they're family heritage has some major bigotry. I've had a couple of my white friends tell me the reason they don't like talking about slavery and some of their other friends is because they would have to come into terms and that some of their ancestors were vile cruel people  and they would have to come terms with that. I always say a black person and white person cannot look at history through the same lens because America for the most part has been a different experience for people of color.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I do not. I hear the older black generation talk about it all the time. About it for a second, how likely are you going to hear this conversation with the white baby boomers? hate to say it they are the villains in the story so of course you not going to hear it from them. Also the younger white generation won't speak on it because a lot of them would have to acknowledge that they're family heritage has some major bigotry. I've had a couple of my white friends tell me the reason they don't like talking about slavery and some of their other friends is because they would have to come into terms and that some of their ancestors were vile cruel people  and they would have to come terms with that. I always say a black person and white person cannot look at history through the same lens because America for the most part has been a different experience for people of color.

I guess I don’t have the effluent white friends you have lol. I don’t know anyone who’s family was apart of slavery. Now just being crude and racist that is rampant in the older generations. But of all the time I spent with older black men, never heard it talked about. 🤷‍♂️ Why would looking at history make someone feel bad? They didn’t do it, it’s a learning tool. 

23 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I guess I don’t have the effluent white friends you have lol. I don’t know anyone who’s family was apart of slavery. Now just being crude and racist that is rampant in the older generations. But of all the time I spent with older black men, never heard it talked about. 🤷‍♂️ Why would looking at history make someone feel bad? They didn’t do it, it’s a learning tool. 

Yeah not as many Rich slave owners in the South a many think. A lot of Americans are extremely proud of their history but don't accept both parts of it. And that's why I feel the majority cannot learn from it. There are people alive who are responsible for killing people back in the day. They may not have committed any acts but they have relatives to have. For example the woman who lied on Emmett till is still alive and living her best life but she is one of many. In my personal eyes the Thomas Jefferson'a of history are the equivalent of the KKK to me but in school I was indoctrinate to believe that the founding fathers were heroes. 

32 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

By the way I teach African American studies and just like I hate when black people are basically taken out of history or it was whitewashed I hate how a lot of whites and I recognize who in the civil Rights movement. So for the next two weeks I'll be covering the white heroes of the movement. Starting with a personal story about my family and Carthage Texas

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Are you aware that only 1.4% of white people in the US owned slaves?   And since most of them were affluent, and very few of us have any affluent people in our family history, those white friends of yours are either very unique, or been indoctrinated to have guilt complexes.   I would feel bad if I knew my family had owned slaves, but not guilty.   I had a grandpa who did bad things, but I don’t feel guilty about them.  Why?  I didn’t do them, he did.   

9 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

By the way I teach African American studies and just like I hate when black people are basically taken out of history or it was whitewashed I hate how a lot of whites and I recognize who in the civil Rights movement. So for the next two weeks I'll be covering the white heroes of the movement. Starting with a personal story about my family and Carthage Texas

Initially, I put a like on this post.  Then I remembered you dissed 74 Million people, and you’re an educator.   The fact that our universities have so many like you teaching, that condemn everyone that doesn’t think like you, is despicable.   But that’s just my opinion.

40 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Initially, I put a like on this post.  Then I remembered you dissed 74 Million people, and you’re an educator.   The fact that our universities have so many like you teaching, that condemn everyone that doesn’t think like you, is despicable.   But that’s just my opinion.

Who did I diss?

38 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Who is right....

3. Myth #3: Only a small percentage of Southerners owned enslaved people.

Closely related to Myth #2, the idea that the vast majority of Confederate soldiers were men of modest means rather than large plantation owners is usually used to reinforce the contention that the South wouldn’t have gone to war to protect slavery. The 1860 census shows that in the states that would soon secede from the Union, an average of more than 32 percent of white families owned enslaved people. Some states had far more slave owners (46 percent of families in South Carolina, 49 percent in Mississippi) while some had far less (20 percent of families in Arkansas).

https://www.history.com/news/5-myths-about-slavery

1.4%? That's extremely off. When I said they were not as many slave owners as people think, I meant not everyone in the South owned slaves.

27 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Who is right....

3. Myth #3: Only a small percentage of Southerners owned enslaved people.

Closely related to Myth #2, the idea that the vast majority of Confederate soldiers were men of modest means rather than large plantation owners is usually used to reinforce the contention that the South wouldn’t have gone to war to protect slavery. The 1860 census shows that in the states that would soon secede from the Union, an average of more than 32 percent of white families owned enslaved people. Some states had far more slave owners (46 percent of families in South Carolina, 49 percent in Mississippi) while some had far less (20 percent of families in Arkansas).

https://www.history.com/news/5-myths-about-slavery

Guess that depends on which source one chooses to believe.  The % I posted was in all the US, not just the south.  To look at the numbers you posted, the south must have been the wealthiest place in the world.  The average price of a slave in the 1850’s was $1000, plus the feeding, housing (such as it was).   Personally, I find it hard to believe that 32% could afford that kind of investment back then, which would have also required a home and land enough to warrant a slave.   But if you’re willing to believe anything on the Internet, go for it.

44 minutes ago, Hagar said:

A dang good educator at that who does not share personal beliefs to the class. I'm known and complimented on looking and posing questions for both side of any historical argument. Miss me with that.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Guess that depends on which source one chooses to believe.  The % I posted was in all the US, not just the south.  To look at the numbers you posted, the south must have been the wealthiest place in the world.  The average price of a slave in the 1850’s was $1000, plus the feeding, housing (such as it was).   Personally, I find it hard to believe that 32% could afford that kind of investment back then, which would have also required a home and land enough to warrant a slave.   But if you’re willing to believe anything on the Internet, go for it.

Link the source