2021 Carthage Bulldogs

HearEmaGrowlin

Going into the 2021 season Carthage returns the majority of the defense, however, Zay Woods at CB graduates and has been a superb corner for the Bulldogs.

The offense loses quite a few key contributors with none having been more pivotal than Kai Horton and Mason Courtney who are both off to Tulane. The Dawgs also lose Smith at TE, McNue at WR and Stewart at FB, but the Dawgs will have quality replacements to backfill them. 
Braden Wade will return at full strength at WR and may be Woods’s replacement at corner. Brandon King returns as the starting CB on the other side. 

Then there are a few dudes who return at the linebacker positions who are serviceable defenders. 

The biggest questions are who’ll be quarterback and who’ll be the starting running back?

Hearing there may be another QB to be the starter and not Roquemore. This guy Cuff looks like a carbon copy of Horton and we can only hope his play mirrors Horton’s as well. If Cuff is the starter then does Roq move to WR or RB? Either way, you’d think Surratt will be able to use Roquemore as a passer even if only on trick plays, because he can throw it. 
If Roq is the starter then that gives SS another weapon to play with, a QB who is a super athlete with way tons of speed. 

What are your thoughts about the Bulldogs going into next season, Dawg fans?

59 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Going into the 2021 season Carthage returns the majority of the defense, however, Zay Woods at CB graduates and has been a superb corner for the Bulldogs.

The offense loses quite a few key contributors with none having been more pivotal than Kai Horton and Mason Courtney who are both off to Tulane. The Dawgs also lose Smith at TE, McNue at WR and Stewart at FB, but the Dawgs will have quality replacements to backfill them. 
Braden Wade will return at full strength at WR and may be Woods’s replacement at corner. Brandon King returns as the starting CB on the other side. 

Then there are a few dudes who return at the linebacker positions who are serviceable defenders. 

The biggest questions are who’ll be quarterback and who’ll be the starting running back?

Hearing there may be another QB to be the starter and not Roquemore. This guy Cuff looks like a carbon copy of Horton and we can only hope his play mirrors Horton’s as well. If Cuff is the starter then does Roq move to WR or RB? Either way, you’d think Surratt will be able to use Roquemore as a passer even if only on trick plays, because he can throw it. 
If Roq is the starter then that gives SS another weapon to play with, a QB who is a super athlete with way tons of speed. 

25 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I heard over the Christmas holiday while visiting family that there is indeed another QB who may very well get the nod.

Was this other QB a starter on the JV? Freshman? Or elsewhere? 

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Was this other QB a starter on the JV? Freshman? Or elsewhere? 

There was a kid on the side lines throwing before the championship game. He looked to be about 6ft 3 or 4 and maybe 190 pounds. He was throwing a really nice ball with some zip on it. I asked my friend who was he. He didn’t know. 
Either way, you can bet coach Surratt will have a good to great QB. 
If Rock gets bigger and stronger with his speed and can handle all that is required of a Dawg QB. The Dawg O will be just fine. 
The D is going to set records. 
80 played on the D line all year and not just as a back up. He was a sophomore and will get bigger and stronger. 88, 25, 26, 28, and 22 made big plays on kick offs and played really well on the second team defense. 
Their are some big talented O line coming up. 
Can you imagine the three linebackers and three D linemen getting bigger, stronger, and faster. 
King and wade bigger, stronger, and faster. 
I am big time excited. 
Let’s Go Dawgs🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆          🏆

God Bless coaches, players, fans. 

• Like 2

Returning players who were named All-District:

#3 QB Javarian Roquemore - Honorable Mention

#4 WR Montrell Hatton - District Offensive Newcomer of the Year

#5 MLB Kip Lewis - UNANIMOUS District Defensive MVP

#6 OLB Camden Foster - UNANIMOUS 1st Team

#9 CB Brandon King - 1st Team

#13 WR/S Braeden Wade - 1st Team Offense/2nd Team Defense 

#14 OLB Freddy Lynch - 2nd Team 

#17 WR/KR Noah Paddie - Honorable Mention Offense/2nd Team Kick Returner

#20 DE Je’Kerrick Johnson - 2nd Team

#32 RB Tavarius Johnson - Honorable Mention 

#34 OLB Ethan Kimberly - Honorable Mention

#51 DL Giancarlos Riascos - UNANIMOUS 1st Team 

#52 DL Bobby Cooks - UNANIMOUS 1st Team 

#55 OL Zachary Charlise -UNANIMOUS 1st Team

#66 OL Colby Kneipp - Honorable Mention 

#71 OL Blake Strong - Honorable Mention 

#72 OL Juan Perez - Honorable Mention 

#81 TE Anthony Riggans - Honorable Mention 

#88(?) DL Zy’Kerrian Tatum - Honorable Mention 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

EVERYONE makes all district anymore.

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Walk on status. Word I'm hearing is he may try to walk on at ETBU.

2 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

Our mop up duty QB made honorable mention, wow?

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Walk on status. Word I'm hearing is he may try to walk on at ETBU.

When did you hear that? He was going to Tulane as PWO with Horton last I heard, but I know things can change in these kind of deals. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Tulane-football-recruiting-Kai-Horton-commits-Carthage-Gilmer-state-championship-157247048/Amp/

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

His Twitter account still leans towards Tulane.  But if he decides to go to ETBU he won’t have to walk on.

1BDDED7B-9478-414A-BDBA-79CF7293A6B6.jpeg

E21FA466-FF46-48F9-BF91-1E644C2EE8BB.jpeg

About ETBU Athletics

Division III institutions do not offer athletic scholarships in any sports programs. Student-athletes may receive financial aid through academic scholarships, grants, loans, etc., however.Jul 19, 2017

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:
About ETBU Athletics

Division III institutions do not offer athletic scholarships in any sports programs. Student-athletes may receive financial aid through academic scholarships, grants, loans, etc., however.Jul 19, 2017

One of my good friends played LB at ETBU and they made sure he received an academic scholarship to make sure his commitment to the football team was treated like he was playing at UT. There are ways to make sure the football players are taken care of for signing on to play football there and attend school. 

Why are you trying to tear down Mason Courtney?

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

One of my good friends played LB at ETBU and they made sure he received an academic scholarship to make sure his commitment to the football team was treated like he was playing at UT. There are ways to make sure the football players are taken care of for signing on to play football there and attend school. 

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Why are you trying to tear down Mason Courtney?

Listen here fellow. I'm not trying to tear down no one especially a teenage young man. You are way out of hand making that kind of accusation/s. 

Now, do I know what I was told is 100% true? No. But you need to stop accusing people of something you know nothing about. I wish the young man the very best as I know a lot of his family.

14 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:
About ETBU Athletics

I’m well aware of how their financial aid packages work.  If he was recruited he will not be a “walk on”.  They are pretty creative in the financial aid office.  🤔

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I’m well aware of how their financial aid packages work.  If he was recruited he will not be a “walk on”.  They are pretty creative in the financial aid office.  🤔

And I'm very aware of that also. But it's still considered a "walk on" as far as the documents go. Believe me, I know football and college recruiting.

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Again, why do you feel the need to drive this point home? What’s your deal?

Did you and Courtney run a foot race and he outran you by 10 yards in the 40?

He will be at Tulane as a PWO. Not sure where the ETBU talk came from. I really think he can earn playing time, and would not be surprised if he earns a scholarship after some time in the program. This young man can play ball. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

When are we going to build Scotts statue? Give him a city street or something!!

LOL.. most the time they name stuff after the person retires or leaves. Its like bad luck or bad juju to play in a stadium named after you or with your statue there.