2021 Pre-Season baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

Argyle was 3-6 to start the season, then 6-7 with all losses by one run to larger classification schools in the tournaments....except for the very first game of the year.....they lost that one 6-4.  Now Argyle is 19-8 with only one loss since early in the season......a 1-0 loss to Decatur.  Argyle and Decatur traded wins with Argyle winning District 7 easily.  This is a young team that appears to be coming on strong.  They have lost 8 games this season by a total of 10 runs.......losing most of those games in very low-scoring battles.  I think that means they have some decent pitching and good defense.  They do have a couple of seniors that have already signed to play at the next level, but this team is composed mainly of underclassmen.  Really.......I'm pleasantly surprised.  This was supposed to be a year of replacing many, many experienced players that have gone on to play at the college level.

Of course Argyle is in Region 1 this year and has a very very good Canyon team in the region playing excellent baseball with a record of 23-3 so far this season.  Records can be deceiving in baseball, but I think Canyon has played a fairly tough schedule early on against larger quality schools and won most of those games.  Levelland and Seminole also appear to have good teams in Region 1 this season.  Levelland is 20-5 and hasn't lost a game since they were 8-5 early on.  Springtown in Argyle's district is  20-8 on the season, but lost both games to Argyle.  Argyle beat them handily only last week (10-1; 3-0).

Argyle also defeated Godley(21-9) last week......a Region 2 contender.  Celina(21-7) is also a Region 2 contender, but lost both games to Argyle this season.  I failed to mention a good Benbrook team in Region 1.......Benbrook is 20-6-1 on the season and has played some quality teams.  

Argyle has 2 games left in District 7 play to clinch......against Fort Worth River Oaks Castleberry.  They should win both games this week and end up (21-8; 11-1) going into the playoffs.  But I'm pretty sure they have already clinched because of wins over Springtown and Decatur.  Springtown and Decatur will play this week to determine the #2 and #3 Seeds from District 7.

19 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Division 16-4a Standings - 2021

District Overall
  W L   W L T
Bullard Panthers 12 0   20 6 0
Longview Spring Hill Panthers 10 3   21 6 0
Lindale Eagles 7 4   11 14 0
Kilgore Bulldogs 6 7

Txhighschoolbaseball.com always does a good job. I've used their site since they were 3abaseball only. But they got 16-4a 4a district records all jacked up. They play a 12 game district schedule but somehow SH and Kilgore show 13 and playing each other 3 times.

4 hours ago, threejs said:

Txhighschoolbaseball.com always does a good job. I've used their site since they were 3abaseball only. But they got 16-4a 4a district records all jacked up. They play a 12 game district schedule but somehow SH and Kilgore show 13 and playing each other 3 times.

I think somehow a score may have been reported/entered twice.  I believe those standings are now correct.  

22 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

I think somehow a score may have been reported/entered twice.  I believe those standings are now correct.  

They are generally on top of things and in the past they have posted on here. Glad they got it sorted out.

8 hours ago, threejs said:

Seedings are set correct?

9 hours ago, threejs said:

Does anyone know the actual accurate standings?

Also, looks like 13 district is a mess

26 minutes ago, ronnyham said:

Does anyone know the actual accurate standings?

Also, looks like 13 district is a mess

Those should be standings.  In terms of D13, Kaufman/Ford may have been pushed back to this week.  Weather has not been great as of late and not everyone played their makeup games on Saturday.  With that game in the mix, the actual amount of games is correct.  

Pleasant grove still ranked 10 spots higher than liberty eylau even after LE took 2 out of 3 from them LOL.

if LE beats Paris today then the district 15 seeds will be set. Gilmer is 3 and North Lamar is 4 for sure. LE has one game lead on PG with 2 to play 

8 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

Pleasant grove still ranked 10 spots higher than liberty eylau even after LE took 2 out of 3 from them LOL.

if LE beats Paris today then the district 15 seeds will be set. Gilmer is 3 and North Lamar is 4 for sure. LE has one game lead on PG with 2 to play 

Rankings are "great" to look at at times but mean nothing now.