2021 Pre-Season baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

Lots of chatter about Melissa baseball in this thread and I’ll keep my mouth shut about all of that but will say Melissa won games 2 & 3 today against Midlo Heritage 16-6 and 14-12. Heritage won 2-1 last night using their best arm. They really no nobody else throwing very well and Melissa teed off today. Melissa never used their best pitcher in the series as he went the distance throwing 100+ pitches in the 4th place play in game earlier this week. 9-4A swept 10-4A in bi-district just as they did in softball.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:36 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Upset?

W16 Whitehouse (25-5) Vs. F15 Marshall (13-14)
Game 1: Marshall 4 Whitehouse 1

Game 2: Marshall 2 Whitehouse 0 (MARSHALL ADVANCES)

Big upset.  However, from reading what @Mavchamp has been posting, I believe Marshall found a groove and their strengths have overcome their weaknesses.  Winning back to backs allowing 1 run in 2 games against a team like Whitehouse is a huge confidence builder moving forward.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Big upset.  However, from reading what @Mavchamp has been posting, I believe Marshall found a groove and their strengths have overcome their weaknesses.  Winning back to backs allowing 1 run in 2 games against a team like Whitehouse is a huge confidence builder moving forward.

It’s been a crazy season. 

Had a stretch of 10 straight 1-run games. Lost 7 of them. Several were walkoff losses. Just kills the soul. But they never gave up.  Kept grinding. Kept working. 

They went 2-4 in the first round of district play. 2 of those were walkoff losses that they lead in the 7th Vs Hallsville and Sulphur Springs. 

Went on to go 5-1 in district in the second round.  Including beating #4 Hallsville who had already clinched the championship.  Beat Texas High. 

Was down 2 runs in the 7th with 2 outs to even make the playoffs... found a way to win it unbelievably. 

Makes the playoffs.... and goes on  to beat an outstanding 25-5 district champion ranked #12 from Whitehouse in two games.  

What a ride. 

They could have folded their tent and gone home several times this season.  But they just keep on working.  Kept believing. 

Very proud of this group. Hopefully the first step in getting the program back at the top. 

• Like 5