Incoming Transportation Secretary wants to implement a mileage tax

RETIREDFAN1

11 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Jetts not going to like this. 

Most people aren't going to. Because you know they're not going to get rid of the gas tax (or reduce it), either.

Right now I'm working remotely, so I'm really not driving much. But when I was going to the office, I was driving 68 miles round trip, five days a week. Just to the office and back. That doesn't count incidental driving. So that alone is 340 miles per week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

You called that tax evasion when Trump did it.  

There's no way in hell can a "billionaire" as yall call him can find enough write offs or loopholes to pay 1500 or whatever it was in the last number of years.... hence why he's lied and hides taxes

2 hours ago, JETT said:

There's no way in hell can a "billionaire" as yall call him can find enough write offs or loopholes to pay 1500 or whatever it was in the last number of years.... hence why he's lied and hides taxes

You need to use duckduckgo. He paid pretax under his name. The 1500.00 is what he owed when it was all done. 

2 hours ago, JETT said:

I believe he paid in more than $1500 in taxes.  And income taxes are on your earnings, not net wealth.  

3 hours ago, JETT said:

The all do.  That's why Warren Buffet paid less taxes than his secretary.  It's also why many owners take a salary of $1.  I still haven't heard if he has settled his billion dollar tax bill.    Elon Musk's wealth is mainly on paper and not a salary.  How did Musk build his empire ?  Mainly through Government contracts and subsidies for SpaceX, Tesla, and Solar City.  https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/19/mathews-thank-you-texas-for-taking-elon-musk-off-our-hands/.  There are so many ways that someone with numerous business incorporated into one can not pay any taxes, because of losses by other companies under it's umbrella.  That's why many businesses won't close stores that are losing money, because they can use those as write offs on their taxes.  If you're only making a profit of course you're going to pay more taxes.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JETT said:

Wrong!!!!! Just like the Bezos' income tax revelation.--85K is all he made last year, you get a couple of write-off and some deductions on 85K and $1500 isn't impossible--heck, getting money back from the government with that is basic knowledge, so when it comes to corporate taxes vs. income taxes, the loopholes are many. Because as you should know they are 2 different taxes.

24 minutes ago, JETT said:

Ppl chose those promises over trump... 

Thus, they will find out in time that they were duped, but as some called us blind followers of Trump which I certainly wasn't, they will still claim to be enlightened.  I haven't been impressed with Biden since he took office.  I was extremely skeptical of Trump when he took office, but within the first 100 days he began to grow on me.  Biden hasn't even remotely won me over.  So he's stopped travel from some of our allied countries, but enabled others.  Right now, I give Biden a F- as President.  The lowest score that Donald Trump got from me was a B+, and he improved over the semesters of his tenure.  I haven't seen much of a difference in how Biden has handled the virus vs. how Trump did, and Fauci said today that we have plateaued with the virus.  Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.  The reason being is the Wuhan has run it's incubation period with those that were able to survive it after they gathered for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.  We'll see a drop in numbers for awhile.  I think we still have a long way to go before we achieve herd immunity with the way that the Medical Professionals and politicians have treated this virus vs. the past.  They tried to stop the spread, but to become immune more people had to become infected.