No matter what happens now with the "impeachment" trial......

RETIREDFAN1

it will be illegitimate and Constitutionally meaningless since the Chief Justice has said he won't be presiding over it........

Article I, Section 3, Clause 6 of the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

So without John Roberts presiding, they are wasting their time.......it's meaningless.........

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

They will impeach Roberts, appoint a new justice, confirm new justice, have a new Chief Justice, then continue the illegitimate impeachment trial on a former president.  That’s how dumb the dems are 

Nope...they got Patrick Leahy to preside.......totally without CONSTITUTIONAL authorization so it's not legal........just a waste of time and money because whatever happens is irrelevant.......

It's not going to go through anyway :  https://www.aol.com/news/trump-impeachment-goes-senate-testing-050327015-221330058.html  .  Even if minds are changed by February 8th, Trump could take it to the Supreme Court to see if it's Constitutional or not.  I wouldn't file a case unless the Senators did change their minds.  This is just a waste of taxpayer money that could be used for more vaccines for those that need it.  

On 1/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

it will be illegitimate and Constitutionally meaningless since the Chief Justice has said he won't be presiding over it........

Article I, Section 3, Clause 6 of the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

So without John Roberts presiding, they are wasting their time.......it's meaningless.........

Roberts, is a waste of time...

I started a thread about this yesterday.  Ya'll fence-sitter's let me know when ya'll finally realize former usa's a banana republic and I'll sign ya up for a True, Constitutional, Independent Republic.  Getting close to 400,000 supporters now https://tnm.me/ over 1,000 have signed up since friday alone.  This is no joke.

For some reason the counter has stopped working.  Guess Brennan and Co.  have been busy.

45 senators voted yesterday to shut the impeachment trial down and work on matters that are more important.  The dems are pressing forward with it,  and will continue to neglect other matters.  This shows you how out of touch they are.  They see they don’t have the numbers as it is, and they will continue to neglect their duties and constituents to push a butthurt agenda

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

45 senators voted yesterday to shut the impeachment trial down and work on matters that are more important.  The dems are pressing forward with it,  and will continue to neglect other matters.  This shows you how out of touch they are.  They see they don’t have the numbers as it is, and they will continue to neglect their duties and constituents to push a butthurt agenda

I see at as their Holding their oath to the constitution, DonTheCon is long gone as he should be but should be held accountable for his actions, he pushed a false narrative for months and months @ObiOne posted Twitter after Twitter messages of ppl saying Jan 6 is the day we fight for what's ours etc, now them clowns acted a fool and caused death they should be held accountable, and b4 your weak argument starts lock BLM and Antifa clowns up as well if they did damage...  had Obama or any D president did this no way in hell would the R's brush it off their shoulder and if they did then they're not doing their duties..... 

11 minutes ago, JETT said:

I see at as their Holding their oath to the constitution, DonTheCon is long gone as he should be but should be held accountable for his actions, he pushed a false narrative for months and months @ObiOne posted Twitter after Twitter messages of ppl saying Jan 6 is the day we fight for what's ours etc, now them clowns acted a fool and caused death they should be held accountable, and b4 your weak argument starts lock BLM and Antifa clowns up as well if they did damage...  had Obama or any D president did this no way in hell would the R's brush it off their shoulder and if they did then they're not doing their duties..... 

he didn’t tell them to rush the capital building.  

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

can you show us where he said to storm the building?  Exact words.  You’re deflecting if you can’t.  

SMH, here's a gun for that bully thats been messing with you, im not saying use it but do what you got to do to stop the bullying... you get the picture? And I thought lion was clueless.... after the last 4 years biden has zero to worry about, America doesn't hold presidents responsible 

37 minutes ago, JETT said:

These are lies, if people get the wrong message, that is their own fault, but I have posted the entire speech--and NOT once did he say storm the Capitol. He did NOT tell them to riot. Right now, @JETT you're no better than the other media parrot on here. There is NO SUCH thing as underlying messages, especially in public speeches. You either say it or your don't. If you want to believe that these people are hearing these things, then you are as gullible as they are. SMFH. 

• Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, JETT said:

:sleep:

32 minutes ago, JETT said:

SMH, here's a gun for that bully thats been messing with you, im not saying use it but do what you got to do to stop the bullying... you get the picture? And I thought lion was clueless.... after the last 4 years biden has zero to worry about, America doesn't hold presidents responsible 

So no exact words then.  Thanks.  That’s all you had to say.  I’ve heard democrats say take our country back. Does that mean use violence?